Status
Not open for further replies.
jase giffin submitted a new resource:

The Grove Released. - Shard Build

Well you guys.
This is the only gift I can give for the years.
This is the clean build of the grove.

What it includes in a nut shell.
Latest boat system
Imbuing. I never really knew what it was supposed to be.
FS shrink and pet bods.
Color item name props. Not the new one that is released sadly.
Public gates system with the groves gump.
hunger and thrist system.
harvesting system.
shit loads of addons.
items....
mobs
tamables.
blah blah more stuff.
To add to this list.
[xmlspawnerload trammel
felucca so on to spawn the mobiles.
[Createworld to spawn the rest.
Useful commands
[Gmtool
[Showart
[bodypicker
[Recover
[Townhouses
[Totadmin

at any rate.
I really had a lot of fun...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Thank You jase for sharing your pride and passion with the community :) Sure hope you will still be around here-your release has so many scripts!

Thank you for sharing this with the public jase. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I really did like your ideas for the shard. It would have been quite the unique adventure for players but I digress we all greatly appreciate your contribution here. Without a doubt it will be useful for people to learn from and better understand what they can do with the uo emu code.
I hope to see you around! :)

I'll be around. And dont worry hank for 1.5 years grove showed me top 5. With help. Yall good MO fos. Haha...

Last edited:
@jase giffin
Nice upload dude! Sorry it didn't work out. There's been a few times I've considered throwing in the towel myself, but my terrible desire to create and expand gets the better of me lol

that's cool. the grove was a good bunch of files . good to see it can be put into something. ill try to answer questions about this shard here for anyone having troubles/.

i use this
im having problems with some of the addons, maybe you didn't pack it w/out errors?
customregionsinabox
*setting a moveplayertoloc location, there's no null, you can set each axis to 0 but not the X-axis
*also the region's Z is stuck set to -128 to 128<-- not much of an issue but wasnt that way in the original
*moveplayerondeath won't bool, or is deactivated.

any idea?

i use this
im having problems with some of the addons, maybe you didn't pack it w/out errors?
customregionsinabox
*setting a moveplayertoloc location, there's no null, you can set each axis to 0 but not the X-axis
*also the region's Z is stuck set to -128 to 128<-- not much of an issue but wasnt that way in the original
*moveplayerondeath won't bool, or is deactivated.

any idea?
replacing it with my original for now

sorry for late response i have been out of town for meps. as for your question ill have to dig up that core again and see what errors your having im glad ya got it fixed but id like to update this resource so its fixed for future use. ill check into this. thanks for the info.

ya whatever, it's a great repack that I highly appreciate lol. it seems you put a ton of work into it, just updating the old systems and making it work with servuo thats impressive and very great/kind. I used to use the final repack from runuo.com since forever, so switching to your repack has been an amazing switch--adding like 3-4 more expansions onto the game than I had. I can't thank you enough.

@jase giffin, thanks a lot for sharing with the community !

I know for sure how you feel, and hopefully we will still see you around ! :D

It was great to spend some time with you on The Grove. I really think the idea was/is great ;)

Good luck on your future projects.

-Rek-

Last edited:
@Beefcake your welcome. im glad you found use of it. @Regnak hey man great work from you too on the ships and yea im still at it but no public shards from me only helping the new owners to go full out. glad to see your still working on the projects as well. i look forward to your future updates to the ships. such an amazing system. we have a great community here and i love all the new owners that are coming out with new great ideas. and of course to our vets that keep bringing awesome systems for use. I look forward to seeing what new shards come out in the future. i very much enjoy playing on them and seeing what people have thought up. keep moving forward everyone. its a real pleasure.

hi Jase,

how did you construct ur custom vendors like drugdealer, seamstress, etc? Because customizable vendor i get the freeze bug. So iam interested in alternatives =) I used ur grove shard for my friends and family server because so many cool scripts onboard =) Sooo many thanks for sharing

okay i modified existing vendors and it works :D so forget my question hehe

Last edited:
Sorry all I have been away for 6 weeks and will be gone again for an additional 6 weeks. I have plans to release an update to this shard build that addresses some of the more obvious issues. Glad you all enjoy it. Marry Christmas all.

Its A Great shard as it is, and I'm going to use it as my base, adding a lot of other stuff too. Trying to set up a new map or two on the shard as well. Have been toying with this game now for as long as UO has existed, and still can't get it the way I want.
Thank you a tun.

Having trouble spawning the world [CreateWorld limited spawn. Thought it was [PremiumSpawner but no goo digging through scripts looking for the spawn agent. Is there a default ServUO spawner you used? What is hte exact spawn command(s). Feel like a newb thought I was better at this stuff than be unable to spawn the world 8)

Thanks I had tried xmlload spawns and gotten double spawners. It's a really fun pack and am enjoying it. Trying to get OWLTR installed but I am not much of a coder. Winmerge has taken me only so far.

Thanks I had tried xmlload spawns and gotten double spawners. It's a really fun pack and am enjoying it. Trying to get OWLTR installed but I am not much of a coder. Winmerge has taken me only so far.
I'm sorry to say... owltr.. bwahaa. So OK. Not a coder. Probably gonna be shall I say murder... good luck and my condolences. Your braver then i. Also it can be done. But...

Its A Great shard as it is, and I'm going to use it as my base, adding a lot of other stuff too. Trying to set up a new map or two on the shard as well. Have been toying with this game now for as long as UO has existed, and still can't get it the way I want.
Thank you a tun.
If you ever get a Daat99 OWLTR merged with it, I would come wash your car once a week for like eternity if you reposted it as a pack!

So playing around with this on local machine, it compiles it appears with no trouble, client pointed from SDK file, no error.
However then I get this
  1. ScriptCompiler: CS2001: Source file 'C:\Users\Brian\Desktop\The Grove\Scripts\Sp
  2. ells\Eighth\._EarthElemental.cs' could not be found
    http://pastebin.com/sAeaQ5yt

Now as I know those files are located at
The Grove\Scripts\Spells\Chivalry\._PaladinSpell.cs' without of course ._
Any idea what I am doing wrong? I using the highseas client if that makes an difference? I feel daft already, I am sure I have done something silly.

Edited as for some reason windows is eating scripts.CS.dll it appears after compile.bat and then vanishes when one runs servuo.exe. Windows is a strange beast....

Last edited:
After you recompile the server it clears the old caches and compiled scripts dll to generate it again

If scripts.cs.dll is not the cause, any idea why it will compile. I mean I can watch the console going through various scripts and reporting.
However then the above error where servuo reports no scripts were loaded?
http://pastebin.com/sAeaQ5yt

I am sure its something silly,buts its confounded me

Well for some reason all of your missing scripts start with "._" and I am not sure if you named them that way or if you played around with the scriptcompiler class or something :p

Haha yes I had noticed that, I am unsure what could cause it though? As they are not called that in the folder and I have not molested the files I downloaded yet. So I suppose next question is why would it be looking for them ._ when the files have not been renamed and I have not knowingly done anything to the package.

Edit: Thanks for the tip about scripts_CS_ by the way, my assumption windows was eating it was doing my head in ;)

Last edited:
Downloaded the package, while compiling the server the scripts generated like a ton of warnings but it compiled fine, when starting the server it too ran without any errors and works fine.

Did you change anything on your end?

Thanks for your help and patience. I clearly had done something wrong, as I redownloaded and it works. It could be some weirdness as it was copied from a mac onto a windows machine.
Anyway it works, thanks Pyro and Jase for sharing, now I can play with a couple of the included systems

Just Wondering but whats the Client Version best used for this code as i am just wanting to check out a few things, and i use the latest 7.0.52.2 client for server side and pc side so please let me know,

Cause when i tried to use my client files i was able to get the server to load up and everything start loggin in and as soon as i clicked on the shard it would disconnect me so i come to conclusion that the client and files i use do not work with the code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back