Hello all,

I'm new here and I am curious about the state of ServUO community and, of course, the development of the emulator.

I've looked around the forums and it seems kinda abandoned. Is there still a core team maintaining the project? What issues is it facing? I got into UO over 20 years ago and now I am thinking of getting back and creating a shard. I had created one using Sphere (0.51a) but as a teenager it was not easy to afford hosting.

Can someone maybe give me a feedback on how things are going not for ServUO but also for other emulators and UO in general? It would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the ServUO community :)
I've looked around the forums and it seems kinda abandoned.
With over 5,000 members it's far from abandoned :) Also if you click on Download you will see how many commits have been applied -there you will also notice any recent updates.

Hello and welcome !

The ServUO community is one of the greatest :)
It's far from abandoned ... blame Discord "the forum killer" lol !

Jokes apart, you should join Discord and follow the GitHub, you would be amazed how the dev team is doing a constant and wonderful job.

Imho, ServUO is a very good choice if you plan starting a new UO Shard. Kinda different than what you were used to on Sphere, though, but it's really worth the effort learning how it works.

Also check all the custom scripts you can get from the Resources tab. Useful tutos there too.

Good luck and if you have any questions, use the forum ! (or Discord lol)

-Rek-

Welcome to the ServUO community :)

With over 5,000 members it's far from abandoned :) Also if you click on Download you will see how many commits have been applied -there you will also notice any recent updates.

Oh no, I'm sorry if I got it wrong. It's just that the "News and Updates" forum had its last message on July 23rd 2017 (and going only 3 messages below, a message from 2015).

As per the GitHub repository, yes I saw it (the main reason why I am here). Also, I'm not entirely aware of the nuances of UO/Emulating anymore. RunUO, as I understand, is no longer maintained by a core team? This is what it says on their GitHub repository.

Anyways, it's great to hear the community is alive and well! Thank you for the information :)

Hello and welcome !

The ServUO community is one of the greatest :)
It's far from abandoned ... blame Discord "the forum killer" lol !

Jokes apart, you should join Discord and follow the GitHub, you would be amazed how the dev team is doing a constant and wonderful job.

Imho, ServUO is a very good choice if you plan starting a new UO Shard. Kinda different than what you were used to on Sphere, though, but it's really worth the effort learning how it works.

Also check all the custom scripts you can get from the Resources tab. Useful tutos there too.

Good luck and if you have any questions, use the forum ! (or Discord lol)

-Rek-

Damn Discord! LOL - I loved reading forums. Too old school maybe. I have recently registered on Discord. So it's the new "IRC" I guess... :p

Yes, it seems the community is not as concentrated in a forum as before. More spread across Discord, GitHub and maybe social media.

In any case, thank you for the information. I will learn it (I worked with C#/.NET for a short while, hopefully it will help me get around easier).

Back