The usual, new to SERVUO :)

Steadyrock

Citizen
Like the title says, I'm new to SERV-UO. I was following the steps on how to set up my own server and decided I wanted to run my server based off the UO Renaissance client which I downloaded and extracted. I updated my DataPath and removed the "#". I compiled my server successfully and it asks to create the owner account. I hit "y", put my username/password and it brings right back and says "This server has no accounts" and asks me if I wanted to create it again... if i keep hitting "y" i go through the steps over n over etc.

I do notice it produces a crash log file, which is here:

Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 7793.39864
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 5/4/2021 2:09:16 AM
Mobiles: 3
Items: 112
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Multis.HouseTeleporterTile.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

I also noticed this "restricting" message... when I run the client by itself, it's 5.0.8.3 - not sure if that's my problem or what. I really wanted to play this era of UO. Any ideas? TIA.

1620093672466.png

Last edited:

Erad

Citizen
Hey steadyrock to give you a heads up, what milva is referring to is that the forum you posted on is for shard owners who is looking for someone to collaborate with. This post technically should be under script support.

Steadyrock

Citizen
Understood, I realized this and created a new post in the correct section of the forum and apologized for the mistake on my new post. I actually thought this original post got deleted by the admin.

Admin or mod can lock this post or delete it if they like, thanks!