So I'm looking at all possible avenues to expand my projects and something that came to mind... Creating a new playermobile that uses the original playermobile as a base. This would allow me to have a system preconfigured and ready to go upon release, the only key edit the person would need to do is jump into charactercreation.cs and change one line of code. I wouldn't be able to do basecreature as that is a core edit, which I'm staying away from.

Does anyone see any potential problems with doing this? would it break anything? technically it's still a playermobile, just with an added bonus so to speak.

*I've already succeeded at doing this and it works great but I don't want to build something to just watch it fall flat on my face*

So I'm looking at all possible avenues to expand my projects and something that came to mind... Creating a new playermobile that uses the original playermobile as a base. This would allow me to have a system preconfigured and ready to go upon release, the only key edit the person would need to do is jump into charactercreation.cs and change one line of code. I wouldn't be able to do basecreature as that is a core edit, which I'm staying away from.

Does anyone see any potential problems with doing this? would it break anything? technically it's still a playermobile, just with an added bonus so to speak.

*I've already succeeded at doing this and it works great but I don't want to build something to just watch it fall flat on my face*

Short answer is no.
it shouldn't break anything.

Just like how a troll is a basecreature, and also a mobile, and a player is also a mobile.
Your new playermobile will just be a playermobile, and a mobile.

Any checks to see if the player is a playermobile would be true, because technically it is.

This would only end bad if it was applied to an already running shard with existing playermobiles. but even that should be solvable

This would only end bad if it was applied to an already running shard with existing playermobiles. but even that should be solvable
Not sure how that would be solvable actually.. i mean you would have to convert existing playermobiles to the new type and that isn't really possible that I've seen, not without a huge chance of data loss. The save file would have to be altered outside the emulator.

I don't see why the saves would have to be altered outside running the changes, they can be applied on load.

Cast the old PlayerMobile to the new Hybrid PlayerMobile on Deserialize, then Serialize under the new Hybrid, this can be achieved using the version int in the serialize methods.

Yes true, but you need to be aware that you may need to set the default values so they are coherent with the newly created PlayerMobileEX.
You can convert it one way, if you decide to remove the system you will face the most issues tbh. Not sure if it still isnt better to run it like an attachment / module and just add that to the playermobile.

Attachments are not compatible with the new current servuo distro so that is out the window, i had considered using central memory.
Post automatically merged:

I'm for sure not using a playermobile replacement for my level system, but I will use it for the Gorean System, since that was also based on XML, also there is more benefit for the Gorean system to use its own playermobile. Ideally, it won't be meant to be removed.

Last edited:
Back