I am trying to set up an email system on my server. It seems that when I use ssl only the smtp server rejects the connection. How can I tell the default email script in ServUO to use Tls encryption?
Post automatically merged:

I was able to get this working but now the smtp server returns 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Apparently Tls12 is too old? I think? Any suggestions?
Heres what I have changed in the code
public static void Configure() { if (EmailServer != null) { _Client = new SmtpClient(EmailServer, EmailPort); if (EmailUsername != null) { _Client.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(EmailUsername, EmailPassword); } if (EmailSsl) _Client.EnableSsl = true; System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12; } }

Last edited:
smtp uses port 25, while smtps uses ports 465, and 587. smtps also requires you to add required login credentials for the mail server.

smtp uses port 25, while smtps uses ports 465, and 587. smtps also requires you to add required login credentials for the mail server.
Thank you for your reply. I have all of that in put into the script. I have tried with port 25, 465 and 587. What I posted above is showing the code snippet for the TLS encryption I added to the original script.

Oh, I couldn't tell if you had forwarded SMTP credentials in that script or not, my fault. I was more looking at "smtp server returns 5.7.0 Authentication Required." which means the server requires valid E-mail address, and password, to sign into the server, to send secure mail. smtps requires the login because its to verify senders address.

Oh, I couldn't tell if you had forwarded SMTP credentials in that script or not, my fault. I was more looking at "smtp server returns 5.7.0 Authentication Required." which means the server requires valid E-mail address, and password, to sign into the server, to send secure mail. smtps requires the login because its to verify senders address.
So basically you are saying that that return message means the smtp server is not accepting my login credentials?

Back