Hi,

So I decided I'm going to run my own UO shard something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Apologies If I've posted in the wrong forum area wasn't sure where to post.

I've managed to get shard up and running, added knives chat system and made it so every character that is created gets a x 7 gm skillball. Couldn't figure out how to do this for just the first character on the account?

I need some advice / tips on a few things if anyone could help it would be awesome thank you!

The idea behind the shard is that I'm from the UK and alot of the shards I used to play on were american or hosted far away from me lol (meaning trash ping especially in PVP). I wanted to create a UK hosted or West Europe hosted server that isn't rammed full of custom content and instead is quality over quantity utilise the standard maps rather than adding extra area's.

Good location for a new player dungeon? I want to make it a public moongate and a moongate in new haven

Trash token system - Reward players for recycling and trying to keep server save time and resources down. any suggestions? played on shards where you have a token backpack and are rewarded for recycling items although I want to add a shard token system don't nessessary want a token vendor stone and then a recycling token vendor stone if you get what I mean just one system.

Shard token system - As above thinking of adding custom monsters in some dungeons rareish spawns but can drop shard tokens which can be used to redeem ethys and gear etc.

gold safe - somewhere to store gold on your person to reduce weight?

Item bless bags - Maybe but limited to maybe 10 or 15 items ?

thanks for any help!
Post automatically merged:

Can anyone post a list of commonly used admin commands ? i know you can do [helpinfo or whatever but doesn't really explain a lot

How can I create a bag full of items for the first character on account so they could get a spellbook with 64 spells and a runebook some runes etc?

Last edited:
Daat's token system comes with the Master Looter, which also functions as a blessed gold ledger. The trash for tokens bag and token vendor stone are part of that package as well.

There have been some pretty useful tutorials compiled in the past but now it appears that links to them all result in "The requested page cannot be found."

thanks for the reply mate! Yeah seems scattered a lot of the info about scripts :( and for a noob to this it's tricky thankfully the community is really helpful! I think i did try and run the Daat but it kept erroring and wasn't sure what the commands are to add the items in the script? might give it another go :)!

I've managed to download the files is there anything i need to customise for them and what are the commands to add the token stones etc ? thanks a lot :)!!!!!

Last edited:
You may end up with issues trying to install it ever since OnSingleClick got removed from the server core. You can comment out the sections that don't work and see if the remaining ones do as you want.

Just [add tokenvendorstone and when an admin character double-clicks it it'll go to the control menu. Play with it for a while and you'll get the hang of how to add items and get them priced.

you should use existing CleanupTrashBarrel system as you can simply modify the existing rewards and what not. For a noob and anyone really noob or not this is a viable way to achieve what your thinking.

Shard tokens seems like something you need to know coding to do... but you could create a loot pack to add a rare chance to get an ethy. OR if youre active you could make a custom item named "Shard tokens" that stack up and what not into the loot packs as random drops AND THEN personally conduct hand to hand transactions with the players.

Aslo, old but maybe you prefer that over having 100% of your gold on you

thanks for the support! @Falkor Is this the issue you said about ?

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/Tokens/Token Vendor Stone.cs:
CS0115: Line 202: 'VendorBall.OnSingleClick(Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

Yes, just use /* and */ to comment it out and you should be fine. The script uses mouseover (OPL) to display the same data so you won't miss anything. The single click part maintained compatibility with older clients from before OPL.

Code:
/*
        public override void OnSingleClick( Mobile from )
        {
            base.OnSingleClick( from );

if ( Stone != null && !Stone.Deleted )
            {
                if ( Stone.Name != null )
                    LabelTo( from, "Stone Ball, Connected to: "+ Stone.Name );
                else
                    LabelTo( from, "Stone Ball, Connected to: !SET THE STONE'S NAME!" );
            }
            else
            {
                LabelTo( from, "Stone Ball, Connected to: None" );
            }
        }
*/

Hi thanks for the reply! i changed as you suggested but it just through up other errors ? I tried copying and pasting that section you put and running the script and this is what happens
Errors:
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/MasterStorage/MasterStorageUtils.cs:
CS1061: Line 390: 'SackFlour' does not contain a definition for 'Quantity' and no accessible extension method 'Quantity' accepting a first argument of type 'SackFlour' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/MasterStorage/MasterStorage.cs:
CS1061: Line 384: 'BaseCreature' does not contain a definition for 'HasBreath' and no accessible extension method 'HasBreath' accepting a first argument of type 'BaseCreature' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/MasterStorage/Storage/CookStorage.cs:
CS1061: Line 36: 'SackFlour' does not contain a definition for 'Quantity' and no accessible extension method 'Quantity' accepting a first argument of type 'SackFlour' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 37: 'SackFlour' does not contain a definition for 'Quantity' and no accessible extension method 'Quantity' accepting a first argument of type 'SackFlour' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/MasterStorage/Storage/MLResourceStorage.cs:
CS0246: Line 21: The type or namespace name 'Putrefication' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/daat99 system (1)/Tokens/daat99's Token System.cs:
CS1061: Line 218: 'BaseCreature' does not contain a definition for 'HasBreath' and no accessible extension method 'HasBreath' accepting a first argument of type 'BaseCreature' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Change references from Quantity to Amount. The variable name changed at some point.

Putrefication has been renamed "Putrefaction"

Old HasBreath vs. the new code for it (adapt usage as needed):
Code:
// if (owner.HasBreath) //give bonus for creatures that have fire breath
    if (owner.HasAbility(SpecialAbility.DragonBreath)) //give bonus for creatures that have fire breath

It's working! thank you very much for your help!!!!! :)

I didn't change this one -
if (owner.HasAbility(SpecialAbility.DragonBreath)) //give bonus for creatures that have fire breath

wasn't sure which one it overides?

thanks again!

I've added the token vendor stone and lady luck and the token backpack and master storage although not seen the master storage loot anything tested it with gold and wasn't working when I tested it.

When you go into the token vendor stone and add items at the top it says item type I was thinking that this would be the code for the item but dosn't seem to be working am i doing something wrong here? I can't target anything in the edit window either.

Last edited:
These old systems expect actual gold in the bank and not a numeric balance. I haven't worked on the stones yet since I use other forms of vendors. You may find conversions from someone else here since you can't be the first to use vendor stones with the newer servers. There may even be updated scripts for them since you'd have to re-code the entire transaction setup.

You had startup issues with HasBreath; that shows what the old method and the new method look like. It won't be exactly the same since usage can vary but it gives you an idea of the proper format for breath.

Customizing a shard requires some C# familiarity. When I started I had never seen the language before -- had only done old Apple II BASIC in the 80s and some Visual Basic in college!

Back