Ultima Adventures -  Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Adventures - Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey 1.07

No permission to download

Finaltwist

Squire
check you PMs friend
Post automatically merged:

I am now working on an invasion system that doesn't need any GM/admin intervention using the infected mobs system. Because infected kill and create new mobs of what they kill, i had to find a way to stop premiumspawners from re-spawning the mob (who would get killed by the infected right away, ad finitum). this appears to be working now!... infected will soon roam the lands.

Toupz

Citizen
Damn i got this to work i wanted my review to be 5/5 because this is simply amazing O_O But it doesnt let me fix review ;( I hope you guys know this is epic tho sorry for trouble ilu

Tombyl

Citizen
Is there a way to remove the tombstones from spawning when someone dies? I can't find the script for this event.

Finaltwist

Squire
just curious, why would you want to remove it?
anyways its in corpse.cs

As an update, i amm currently working on a fully automated invasion system that doesnt require any gm/admin interaction. the code is live on the server and who knows when/if it will start! the lands may start getting invaded soon.

Tombyl

Citizen
Thank you, the main issue is that they are littering up all the land and if you click the body twice it spawns multiple gravestones. In dungeons, they were creating death barriers as well.

Love all the work you are doing though, I just die a lot!

Finaltwist

Squire
Yeah i fixed the multiple stones on double click but it didn't make the offline package.

You should play on the server, friend. whatever you do there is forever kept in the save.

CaptMyron

Citizen
So @Finaltwist - I know you (graciously) reached out to me back when you started the UA project. I was wondering if you still had space? I'd like to give it a more fulsome try. No need to do what you did last time (basically recreate my character on UOdyssey) - I would want to start from new. I've downloaded the latest version of the client/server but am struggling with the install. Do I still need to download the original Odyssey client and copy files over, or is the latest downloadable version (which I now have) feature complete? TIA.

Finaltwist

Squire
do not use/rely on the odyssey client, UA is entirely stand alone.
extract the package to c:\ and run classicuolauncher.exe

thats all.

:D

ill message you the discord link too

Finaltwist

Squire
You are logging in to the server my friend, i saw you trying last evening :)
That login only works when you play local (but why would you want to do that?)

vrre12

Citizen
You are logging in to the server my friend, i saw you trying last evening :)
That login only works when you play local (but why would you want to do that?)
Oh, was it multiplay here?
I thought it was single play.
Because I’m Korean, I’m not good at English. Understand me.

Finaltwist

Squire
haha thats fine! login to the server (what you were doing before, but just create a new account/password).
you will join us on the server. I would be curious to know wha tyour ping is!

osarus

Citizen
I'm really struggling to figure out how I'm meant to run this without prior knowledge. The included ultima odyssey file in documents is confusing and I'm not sure if I should be merging this with the odyssey files and using the clients in the download or in odyssey?

In your next update I would recommending putting a readme in the main directory that describes where to start and what each folder/file is for in a general sense.

Looking forward to getting it running and having a play with friends.

Finaltwist

Squire
You know, its really easy, and many have asked this very question multiple times in this thread (i repeat this every week or so)

1. extract the UA package to c:\
2. run classicuolauncher.exe

voila!

what happens is people want to extract it in another directory and that screws all the paths that have to be manually updated. Other try to merge with odyssey and end up with rubberbanding/missing art. if you follow the above (which the resource explains) it will work.

this is another thing i also say quite often: the package is a copy of the server that is running - the server is updated daily with fixes/content and the package here is already obsolete. It's best to play on the server, you and your friends are welcome to do so.

i just created a fully automated invasion system and its live now on the server. player will have to fight it off or risk loosing entire cities.

our discord is also quite active for questions/socializing too.

Last edited:

Nexus2132

Citizen
Hey new to the project, just wanted to say loving it so far! Massive improvement over vanilla Odyssey :)

Have a couple question though if you don't mind! Seems that new Characters on my server start with 5000 gold? Been digging through server config files and can't seem to find an entry pertaining to this?

Any insight? :p Would like this to be set to 100 base, 5000 is overkill.

Also the default admin "Wizard" can't access or use admin commands?

With the above in mind, Is there a way to wipe the server and start fresh? Unless that is already the case with the posted files? Looking to just play solo or casually with a couple friends (provided I can convince them LOL).

Thanks again for all the hard work! I love that projects like this exist!

Hey new to the project, just wanted to say loving it so far! Massive improvement over vanilla Odyssey :)

Have a couple question though if you don't mind! Seems that new Characters on my server start with 5000 gold? Been digging through server config files and can't seem to find an entry pertaining to this?

Any insight? :p Would like this to be set to 100 base, 5000 is overkill.

Also the default admin "Wizard" can't access or use admin commands?

With the above in mind, Is there a way to wipe the server and start fresh? Unless that is already the case with the posted files? Looking to just play solo or casually with a couple friends (provided I can convince them LOL).

Thanks again for all the hard work! I love that projects like this exist!
To clarify, the Wizard account can't access commands such as [buildworld for example :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Finaltwist

Squire
thats because buildworld will break your server, and no sorry this isn't a resource meant to be played offline. You can of course, but it won't get any of the updates and new content as it builds up. I just run this and work on this for the server, thats what i enjoy - i don't have the time or resources and even know how to make it offline friendly.

my advice to you is to play odyssey if you want an offline experience. If you want to join the server, youre welcomed to. Everything you do there will forever be included in the package as its updated so youll never lose anything you do.

Also, you can "fork" this project and create your own project just like we did for odyssey if you don't agree with the direction taken. thats fine - but i won't be able to support you there - players on the server are already keeping me much too busy with bugs and issues - i barely have enough time to play myself.

Nexus2132

Citizen
thats because buildworld will break your server, and no sorry this isn't a resource meant to be played offline. You can of course, but it won't get any of the updates and new content as it builds up. I just run this and work on this for the server, thats what i enjoy - i don't have the time or resources and even know how to make it offline friendly.

my advice to you is to play odyssey if you want an offline experience. If you want to join the server, youre welcomed to. Everything you do there will forever be included in the package as its updated so youll never lose anything you do.

Also, you can "fork" this project and create your own project just like we did for odyssey if you don't agree with the direction taken. thats fine - but i won't be able to support you there - players on the server are already keeping me much too busy with bugs and issues - i barely have enough time to play myself.
Hey thanks for the reply!

So just so I'm clear :p There isn't anyway to remove play corpses/graves and or player structures (Ideally all at once lol)?

Its a shame if not, Ultima Adventures has some very clear advantages to the base Odyssey repo (IE killable town guards, expanded and improved map, etc..) that in my eyes make it vastly superior.

Anyway, thanks again!

Sorry for all the dumb questions :p

Nexus2132

Citizen
Hey there! Me again :p

I was curious if there was a way to enable itemdecay/corpses or tombstones in the latest release?

Thanks!