Ultima Adventures -  Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Adventures - Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey 1.08

No permission to download

Djeryv

Squire
I never said you didn't. Not sure why you posted that. I was defending what you did...
He was just stating that he made his stuff public and that he can't pull his own custom stuff out of it because it is too far integrated into everything else...so you need his entire package to pick apart what they did. Could you imagine though? "Download my XYZ addon for Odyssey...unzip the package into your custom folder...then edit these 102 other scripts".

I thought it was funny they put the Jedi stuff in. I really...really thought I was the only one that liked that Syth/Jedi stuff because I don't know anyone using it...other than me. To ramble a bit...the other day I was in the snowy part of Lodor and there was a Syth and Jedi probably 50 tiles away from each other. The funny things with random spawning.

Last edited:

Jae

Citizen
nah greenblood been workin hard to get that in....he bugged me inbetween for assistance but he mainly did it himself..so proud of him! GJ @GreenBlood with Jedi.

Finaltwist

Squire
I never said you didn't. Not sure why you posted that. I was defending what you did...
I was re-affirming what you wrote, friend
not being defensive at all, i appreciate what you said, and you stepping in!
Thanks! :D
Post automatically merged:

He was just stating that he made his stuff public and that he can't pull his own custom stuff out of it because it is too far integrated into everything else...so you need his entire package to pick apart what they did. Could you imagine though? "Download my XYZ addon for Odyssey...unzip the package into your custom folder...then edit these 102 other scripts".

I thought it was funny they put the Jedi stuff in. I really...really thought I was the only one that liked that Syth/Jedi stuff because I don't know anyone using it...other than me. To ramble a bit...the other day I was in the snowy part of Lodor and there was a Syth and Jedi probably 50 tiles away from each other. The funny things with random spawning.
it was a player who decided to add the jedi into UA, all i did was merge his code in the server files when he was done.

As for editing 102 scripts, hehe thats what we had to do for months when we were merging your changes to UA. Good way to learn how to code.

Djeryv

Squire
I saw Star Wars stuff in the past that people made for UO. I just thought they were bland...but they were trying to make something out of the original UO files to make such things. After making that spaceship dungeon I wanted the Star Wars part to feel more in line with the cosmetics of the movies/books. So I added the laser swords that make lightsaber sounds and the art for the gumps for their spellbooks. The Syth mask was just me trying to show off. The Syth and Jedi are equal spawned numbers but I see the Syth more often when I play. In hindsight, I should have lured the Syth to that Jedi and watch the show.

Finaltwist

Squire
djeryv... any chance you would ever do a UseTheForceAI?

I've been aching to find a good (read: challenging and hard) AI set... I heard AnCorp used to have challenging AI... using OSI is pretty bland and too dumb

Djeryv

Squire
I actually don't develop anything now. I gave the project to Chris (Mangar) to maintain. I had the files on a Mangar Google account and I just gave him that account so he used the name as his online avatar. He was hoping RunUO was going to take off again but I think that puttered out. I actually report bugs to Chris and he does updates to the game. He even did a few map edits so now I get to be a customer and just apply his stuff.

When I was messing around, I tried doing AI stuff but I was afraid I didn't know what I was really doing. I did tweak a couple because behaviors were weird...especially archers. They would just stand there shooting arrows. I thought they should try to move away from targets.

Does anyone have the AnCorp server code?

Finaltwist

Squire
I've made a few changes to AI, have an Magery2AI script that makes mages stay way from targets (which could be easily applied to archers), we also added omniai and now bards actually bard you (provoke your pets, discord/peace you etc), ninjas hide and stealth, etc. I also made few custom tweaks as well to behavior via basecreature etc.

I created a base class (basecursed) that adapts and changes AI based on its circumstances (is it low on health? switch to distance fighting, is it fighting an archer? try to freeze or switch to melee, is it fighting a melee char? switch to magery etc).

I wish more were available publicly... no i don't have ancorps server code. :(

BTW djeryv... you're always welcome to try out UA too, i know its not your vision of the game, but it might be a fun way to spend a few hours once in a while. we have a good friendly group of players. If you want anything ingame, its yours (we all owe you that!)