Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I finally changed my runebooks to now use every spell/ability/potion that allows for recall/gate travel. The book gumps are much bigger than the default to accommodate the extra information. I also added an extra page that explains how runebooks work for those players that never used them. The attached zip has the stuff you need...with...the couple of files from the above post. There are a couple of other files that need replacing because I found things to fix in them. This WILL NOT ruin any existing runebooks in the game. It just changes the gumps and has the extra functionality.

The back pages also explain that you can charge the books with things other than recall scrolls...like gate scrolls, astral travel scrolls, as well as potions of nature passage, mushroom gateway, demonic fire, and black gate.

I just wanted the books to be more useful for things other than recall, gate, and sacred journey...so the other classes can get the same level of usefulness from the books.

Attachments

Joshua

Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Safe to assume the main download was already updated with this improvement? that is awesome btw, excellent change.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Safe to assume the main download was already updated with this improvement? that is awesome btw, excellent change.
Ugh! I was in a rush last night that I actually forgot to do this! I guess one of my prior posts was one of those "famous last words".

I will do it today.

Reactions: Joshua

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I updated my main package now. There is additional things in my main package:

- I did some map tweaks because alot of animated lava makes my client sluggish.
- I added a "scant" option to barbaric clothing so totally bare chested can be done...so there were item/tiledata/gump tweaks.
- Tweaked the cliloc files in regards to house placement, where it gets rid of the verbiage about placing a house and affecting all other shards...basically stuff that has nothing to do with Ultima Odyssey. It mentions that you are allowed a certain number of houses per account and doesn't say a number because someone else may allow 1 or 10 houses per account. I know...this is a lame tweak but I am sick of that OSI default text.

Reactions: Gadget2013

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Hmm, for some reason, I'm getting an exception upon world load with the latest update that I can't get over:

World: Loading...failed
Error: Type 'Server.Items.HornedHelm' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/n)
Types will not be deleted. An exception will be thrown.
Error:
System.Exception: Bad type 'Server.Items.HornedHelm'
at Server.World.ReadTypes(BinaryReader tdbReader)
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

(I'm trying to press "y" to delete the item, but then it tells me that the type will not be deleted and crashes. Restarting the server essentially does the same thing). What can I do here?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I never heard of that not allowing a delete before.

Take this HornedHelm.cs and put it in your scripts and then load your server...and see what happens.

If it lets you in, then log in as admin and do a "[global delete where hornedhelm" and see if it deletes some. If so, save the world, close it, remove the HornedHelm.cs file you made, and then boot the server back up.

I had an issue with the OrcHelm not changing color but there was a line in the tailor craft section about not allowing it to be dyed...but before I found that...I made a hornedhelm.cs to try and troubleshoot the issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Thanks a lot! :) That helped. Yeah, it's the first time I come across an issue where I can't delete the item at all, not sure why it happened. I couldn't find HornedHelm in the latest update, so I'm assuming I got it from one of the previous updates and then removed it with the latest one. For the record, I did a full ZIP update. Thanks again for help!

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I saw another shard has wagons for housing, but they are very small...so I decided to make a larger one because the idea was pretty neat. Turned out pretty good and now I can have my characters buy these as houses now with the construction contracts.

Joshua

Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
That reminds me of the almost motor home i saw a long time ago, it moved around like a boat on dry land, only problem was it obviously couldn't go over trees.. lol

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Jesters!

I decided to make a jester sub-class for my games since it was one of those odd D&D classes and Ultima did make a point to shove Chuckles in our faces for many years. Like the monks and priests, they have their own set of abilities and they can be used based off of certain criteria. They use the begging skill and evaluate intelligence to make them more effective. There are jester vendors in the tavern, the ship's hold, the large camping tent, and then a couple where actors hang out in the land. They are more flavored to be a sub-class of thief but one can do whatever secondary skills they want. In order to become a jester, you need a little bit of skill in both begging and evaluate intelligence. You must also carry a bag of tricks and wear something jester-y like a coat, hat, or shoes. If you set your default skill title to Begging, you will have the title of Jester. If you set your default skill title to Evaluate Intelligence, you will have a title of Joker. These titles only appear as long as you meet the criteria of having a bag of tricks and the proper clothing. Due to the specific clothing requirements needed, local jesters can be hired to change robes into jester suits, hats into jester hats, or shoe/boot/sandals into jester shoes. So if you find a really nice magic robe (for example), you can have it altered to fit your joker lifestyle. This also applies to leather caps/robes/boots as well so you could have a deep sea leather jester hat or a serpent leather jester suit. The hats come in two different styles and the suits come in three different styles.

tricks.jpg

Bags need prank points to use the abilities and you drag gold onto the bag as long as you are standing near a local jester...or even Chuckles. When you open the bag, you get the gump shown below. Here you can learn about being a jester (which explains all of this stuff there...and the jesters talk about the same mechanics and rules). You can learn about each ability and use them by selecting the icon. You also have 4 different quickbars to open up for convenience.

bag.JPG

When you click the information button next to the icon, it will describe the ability.

ability.jpg

Here is a screen with the bar open. Also notice that if you are being a jester, your special attack gump becomes more colorful to fit the tone of the character.

bar.jpg

If you are a jester and decide to use throwing gloves as your weapon, you will have the option to throw tomatoes or playing cards. If you notice in the first image of this post, I have some throwing tomatoes in my bag.

gloves.jpg

The abilities are kinda fun and turned out well...especially in regards to a jester-style. It is pretty neat to have a balloon float over to an ogre and have it pop for some damage...or throw a present on the ground that a cyclops runs toward and then it blows up when he gets there. When you insult an enemy, you will say some random insult to them or tell a random joke if using the hilarity ability. So if people want a foolish twist to their game, this provides an option.

I also fixed the tents you can build by using the partial hue tent pieces. It doesn't help those tents already built, but if a player deeds it up and rebuilds it...it will have the look like the one shown below.

tent1.jpg

Circus tents are added to my game. They are like the ones above but they have two colors. Jesters might sell them or you may find them in treasure chests. The jester will explain a bit how these work, but you would dye it one color (red) and then single click the tent to select NEXT. Then it will switch to the secondary color. You can dye it again (blue) and then build the tent on your land. I could deed it up and press NEXT to swap the blue and red around...or you can dye it all over again.

tent2.jpg

I remember adding these tents in the very early days of the game, and it was because the old OSI tents were gone and they were added for nostalgia reasons. Then I learned how to add tents back into the house placement tool...but they remained in the game because then we would build them on top of castles to remember the old days of when we could build houses on top of castles. They also provided a quick means to setup a house during those times that someone spends all of their gold on the biggest customize-able housing plot. I hated seeing empty plots of land with a chest on it so these helped people make the land not look so stupid. They can put down grass and change the steps/foundation and no cost...then place the tent on top.

The main download has been updated.
Post automatically merged:

I also redid the cosmetics of 3 dungeons because I wanted that default cave-tile-color removed and have the area more in line with a fire-burning-hellish area. I also re-hued some fire and cold monsters to look better (or at least I think) where I added winter wolves to the game. Those are D&D style wolves like hell hounds but live in the cold regions.

City of Embers

ember.jpg

Fires of Hell

hell.jpg

The Volcanic Cave

volc.jpg

Last edited:

NoxRa

Jul 18, 2019
Wow this is Amazing, Thanks!

Is there a public server hosting this? if not can there be one? Anyone working on one?

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
UOSunrise did take a copy of this and is running it under their own label:

I just don't know what version they are running. Also, they say they have "unlimited skills" which makes me wonder how they accommodated for the "Titan of Ether" quest line that works only if you have 1,000 skill points in the beginning. Did they just remove the quest? Did they re purpose it? Or is it just there and means nothing much if you complete it?

NoxRa

Jul 18, 2019
UOSunrise did take a copy of this and is running it under their own label:

I just don't know what version they are running. Also, they say they have "unlimited skills" which makes me wonder how they accommodated for the "Titan of Ether" quest line that works only if you have 1,000 skill points in the beginning. Did they just remove the quest? Did they re purpose it? Or is it just there and means nothing much if you complete it?
Wow thank you brother, I also found that uomagic.com is using a copy and I emailed the dude as he has no discord which I suggested he gets lol he says he is been quiet about it since he is been playing and testing, but he is running an almost vanilla version of your copy online, woot I would love to play this with people :)

So I asked him about the version he says he tries to keep it up to date, he says he does have the wagons so must be pretty recent, I just really want a wagon lol But Im totally not a fan of unlimited Skills to me there is no balance there I dont know simply dont like it.

Last edited:

lagrider

Jul 21, 2019
Probably a dumb question, but when I buy things from a shop gold isn't subtracted from my inventory. Any fix?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I just tried a regular character and did every which way I could think of when buying and selling things. I did the begging of 125 and item id of 125. I did the guild membership thing. I mixed them up and turned them around...and everything on my system has been working just fine. The only time money isn't withdrawn is when I am logged in as an admin account character.

Probably a dumb question, but when I buy things from a shop gold isn't subtracted from my inventory. Any fix?

lagrider

Jul 21, 2019
I just tried a regular character and did every which way I could think of when buying and selling things. I did the begging of 125 and item id of 125. I did the guild membership thing. I mixed them up and turned them around...and everything on my system has been working just fine. The only time money isn't withdrawn is when I am logged in as an admin account character.
Yeah.. lol I was logged in as an admin. Have had much more success since.
Presently stuck in Scara Brae... Made it to the area behind the throne, but totally confused now.