Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
If someone is hosting this server publicly, then everyone should always go to that admin before posting here. Then that admin should choose to post here if they can't figure it out. This will avoid me guessing what custom stuff they might have done to their version and they would be in a better position to help.

ubentobox

Aug 6, 2015
Screenshots would help.

Also, if you look like a giant troll, try removing equipment and see if it goes away. It could be a creature animation is assigned to an equipment animation and we can get that fixed if that is the case.

Otherwise...I never had this issue.
Here is a pic of the props for the body on restart

Attachments

ubentobox

Aug 6, 2015
Correct, I tried across several characters, this just happens to be the one I did props on. And just to clarify as I'd mentioned OrionUO client use in prior post, this occurs in the client included as well as the OrionUO client.

This doesn't happen a lot, but maybe once out of 10 that I power on the server.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Well, I never had this happen whenever I played it and I can't really see enough information to troubleshoot the issue. I noticed in your picture that you appear to be polymorphed as your skin hue is set to 0. Sorry I can't help...so unless this is happening to someone else that could perhaps shed some light on the situation...

ubentobox

Aug 6, 2015
Well, I never had this happen whenever I played it and I can't really see enough information to troubleshoot the issue. I noticed in your picture that you appear to be polymorphed as your skin hue is set to 0. Sorry I can't help...so unless this is happening to someone else that could perhaps shed some light on the situation...
No worries, I'd hoped I see something in the logs or such but nothing. It's not too much a bother, maybe it will fix next time I patch.

green

Oct 18, 2018
hello again, has anyone had problems with getting disconnected from server, but still being connected, and unable to relog in. just hangs at verifying account...?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Nothing that closing and reopening the client didn't fix. What did your shard admin say about it?

ubentobox

Aug 6, 2015
Has anyone had difficulties opening the dungeon backpacks? I'd found a Deep Sea Leather backpack on the ground that I could not open. I stole it and it had zero items inside (think I dumped its contents). I used the backpack to store the loot I'd been picking up from the newbie dungeon, but now I cannot open the container. I'd tried logging off, securing it, locking it down, opening with admin, same deal, placed in bank, etc. I cannot seem to open this container anymore, though it does state its item count and stones that reflect items inside. No errors in console and the issue persists after shard restart.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Nope. Never had an issue. Just tried it too. Even stole it just for fun. Still works.

darkblood88

Aug 13, 2019
This is awesome! Such an amazing amount of content and fun :D Just two quick questions though. In which script file could I tweak combat abilities such as "Greater Magic Protection"? It seems a little OP to me (gives a huge amount of magic reflection and seems to last forever). And also, if I wanted things to be a bit harder overall, would there be any adverse effects from simply going into DifficultyLevels.cs and increasing each "Heat" by 1 (for example)? Thank you!

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
@darkblood88

I released my latest version today that may handle what you are looking for. About the weapon abilities...I will confess...I never QC'd the scripts as it was created by someone else years ago. Looking over your observations, however, I see your point so I reduced the effects so they should be more realistic but you can tweak further if you want.

There is also a new section in DifficultyLevel.cs that allows you to tweak the amount of hit points monsters will have "extra". I would suggest you either do one or both of the following: Tweak the hit points of the monsters to perhaps make them higher (keep in mind breath weapons will do more damage due to this) and then lower the amount of hit points you get per stats. Doing anything extra will probably make monsters virtually unkillable or to the point where a punch from them will insta-kill you. Any other modifications past this will be subject to your skill and at your own risk.

If anyone decides to play my version, and update their game, be aware the server will want to delete some tavern folks and some evil animals. Let it delete them and if anyone asks me about these deletions being "ok" (after I made it quite clear in this post that they are) will be put in my ignore list.

As for me updating my game...well...I am off the radar for now as Fall is coming and I generally play alot in Fall and Winter. I actually didn't think I would add the stuff I added after release, but sometimes I get ideas and see if I can make them work.
Post automatically merged:

This release has more animals set to be ridden, and I did the best I could with the client limitations. This game uses a client after the much more simplistic creature animation riding setups so I took some liberties to get them working with current riding mobiles. There shouldn't be anything cosmetically off-putting with the results. I also got rid of ridgebacks (because they always looks stupid) and used a newer animation for swamp dragons and kirins. The animal tamers have a context menu that shows this image below for the creatures you can ride if you tame them. You may see the townsfolk riding them too.

Along with town folk, you can now interact with them. You can talk to them and they usually just tell you a rumor that could be true or false. Some will fix things for you or try to sell you something.

For some reason, I had some desire to add more holiday trees. Keep in mind that this game has provisioners selling halloween stuff in October and Christmas stuff in December.

There is a spell research system in place that requires a spell caster to work their inscription skill. Either a necromancer or magery user can do this spell research and it allows one to find the needed components to make a scroll of a current existing spell or create the 64 ancient spells lost to the world. Although this works for either spell class, mastering both necromancy and magery gets you the most benefits from these spells. The sages (and a couple of others) will tell you about spell research and how you can get a research pack and get started. This is the main screen of the pack. It tracks your bag's inventory of items and allows you to manage spell casting quick bars. Every screen has a HELP menu so everything should be explained within the interface.

You have to first find all of the cubes of power, which you can see I found them all below...

Any form of research is optional, but they must be done in order within each other. This means I can do magery research but I have to learn the secrets of each spell one at a time to eventually learn all 64.

The same goes for necromancy spells, although there are much fewer to learn.

The major part of the system is the ancient spell research part, and you can simply just do this if you want. There are 8 schools of magic and each have 8 spells. Many of them are inspired by other Ultima games and some spells may be similar to existing spells in magery or necromancy...but ancient spells usually have the potential to be more powerful. There is alot of variety here and it could help make a powerful archmage.

These spells are prepared by scribing scrolls and you can see the inventory of your bag on how many spells you have scribed. You can cast them from this screen and there are also quick commands you can type as well. The easiest is probably the spell bar system.

Each spells researched is described and the mana and skill to make ancient spells is the same requirements for casting them. Casting them checks either your necromancy or magery skill and chooses the best one. The damages and effectiveness are calculated against a combination of necromancy, magery, evaluate intelligence, and spirit speak.

One of the last parts that put a wrench in me finishing this sooner was I just went completely off the rails and made an evil new sub-class for the game. It started out simple enough where I saw someone had an avatar pic from that Sith from Knights of the Old Republic II...

...and I thought, that would be a cool mask to make for the game so I did. Some of you might have seen it in a prior post but I was just going to have the mask and call it a day. I thought, shit...if you can get a laser sword and some cool dark robes that would kick ass. But...my mind raced off.

I added to the lore of the ancient crash site and integrated some familiar lore about the Syth (spelling intentional for my game) and how they escaped the crash and ran into the woods to evade capture...a bunch of other stuff...blah blah blah...and suddenly I have the story in place to have a Syth character sub-class.

You have to get a hold of a Syth datacron and seek out the knowledge of 10 long dead Syth lords to learn the 10 powers of the Syth. These powers are based on psychic abilities. The interface is in line with other game interfaces but has a bit more of a sci-fi feel. Since there are only 10 powers, you only have one quick bar to configure but below you can see the powers you know, your skill level, your mana, and how many crystals are keeping your datacron charged.

These are similar to the monk sub-class in that you have certain behavior requirements to be a Syth. You have to wear a certain type of clothing, trinket, or helm and must always wield/use a sword. Your karma must be negative and you have to become good in evaluating intelligence. To use a power, your evaluating intelligence will be tested but your sword skill will have to be equal or higher to that...and also dependent on the difficulty of the power being used. The more negative karma you have (and the better tactics skill) the more powerful these effects will be. So to elaborate a Syth's power (shown in the window above) is based on karma, swords, and tactics. Below is a quick bar for these powers.

Each power has a description for you and the datacron will tell you if you are "one with the Syth" as a visual indicator that you are following the code set by the Syth. Living the life of a Syth, and setting your default skill title to evaluate intelligence, will give your character a title of Syth. Again, these interfaces explain all of this stuff in better detail. Each power description will tell you where the Syth that knows that ability is entombed so you may go seek it out. The below example has no such information because I already found the Syth's mysticron that held that information.

Some items can be placed on your datacron and they will transform into items used by the Syth, so any cool magic items you find can be kept and cosmetically look different to fit the style of the class. When you reach grandmaster in the 3 major skills, you can construct your own laser sword.

To add to the lore, and make the system function, Malak's tomb was added to the game map.

So I think this class, although the only one I made that is not fantasy-based, turned out to be a fun example and a representation of geek culture. I think the fact that I have that crashed spaceship dungeon allowed me to fit this story of the Syth into the world where characters may run into this element before ever finding the crashed spaceship. It also provides a bit of history of what impact that the ship had on this world so long ago as the survivors headed out into the world.

Some other notes I didn't mention, but this version now ONLY comes with Razor Enhanced because I can't play without the FPS patch anymore. After playing with this OR Classic UO I just can't go back to the low frames per second.

Classic UO is in beta now, and I see they fixed the gump issue so when you open stone urns they look properly. They still didn't fix the creature ambient light for fire ellys and such...but the radar colors match and they have a World Map feature that is pretty cool.

Last edited:

FaceMelter

May 31, 2014
Shard Name
Altima
Hey, I'd really like to thank you for all of the hard work you put into this thing, and for sharing it with all of us. Of all of the custom shards and clients I've used over the years, this is my all time favorite.

Thank you Djeryv.

Reactions: Tempus

danburo13

Jul 10, 2014
Shard Name
UO Realms
Quick question, I try to keep updated with each publish you put out. Is it necessary to update the client each time also, or just the server package?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Alright...these client/container issues are starting to give me the shits. The client has an annoying setup where ItemID's for containers are hard coded somewhere so when you add new customer containers...the items can get bunched up or tossed around the gump. This was no big deal before because I made custom gumps to try and accommodate the limitations of the client. Now that we are starting to use ClassicUO for a client, the items in these containers really get thrown out of whack where they are not even on the gump anymore. Instead of fighting this, I just gave up and made brand new container gumps for all the containers. Below you can see what they kinda look like. So now my items will be in that square somewhere. They may be at the top, at the bottom. on the left, in the middle, or somewhere else...but at least they will be ON the gump.

This change is pretty drastic because people may have their heart set on the old backpack/crate/chest gumps, but I did update my main package to use these new container gumps. The README, however, tells one how to revert back to the old gumps. If you want to change your gumps either redownload the package or (if you downloaded my update the other day) you can get the changed files with the link below. It is about 39 MB and includes everything you need to revert back and forth if you don't like my new gumps.

LINK

There is a new containers.cfg file for the server, but unfortunately, this file only works when you drop things onto the container item and not onto the gump so it doesn't provide much use past that. I think when there are functions to add things to containers, it also reads this CFG file. It just doesn't do anything to help you when you drag and drop things on the container gump.

So here they are...pretty plain...but they piss me off way less.

green

Oct 18, 2018
love the game!, noticed strange glitch some artis hp doesnt get added to your total, not sure why its misbehaving. will get some ss, and see about sending over proper report.

character hp sits at 303, and a few items do this glitch.. the hp doesnt add into the total, i am compiling a handful of ss, to show the issues.

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I noticed some oddball crash that I finally tracked down. It was during the random artifact generation, the server may crash. This was because there were some artifacts that compiled fine but would crash the server upon creation. I modified the scripts for these "broken" artifact and loaded all of them into the world as a test to make sure there were no crashes. It was a testament I guess to how rare artifacts pop up that this problem was very few and far between. Anyway, download the zip below and follow the directions in it. I have the main file updated to fix the problem.

Attachments

green

Oct 18, 2018
I noticed some oddball crash that I finally tracked down. It was during the random artifact generation, the server may crash. This was because there were some artifacts that compiled fine but would crash the server upon creation. I modified the scripts for these "broken" artifact and loaded all of them into the world as a test to make sure there were no crashes. It was a testament I guess to how rare artifacts pop up that this problem was very few and far between. Anyway, download the zip below and follow the directions in it. I have the main file updated to fix the problem.
The items specifically in question to the house thing. Are artis. Generated when fishing fighting fishtypes sos

The items specifically in question to the house thing. Are artis. Generated when fishing fighting fishtypes sos
In the hit point thing. Sorry not house thing... phone autocorrect.