Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Exale

Mar 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Mystical Nights
hey Djeryv, just wanted to let you know I have been trying to download the updated server since yesterday and while I can download the ClassicUO and the Razor from your Google Drive fine, whenever I click server it and I click download it tries loading for a few minutes than erroring out. Says to contact the sit6e owner with a 409 error. Just wanted to let you know.

v14186

• Wow
Reactions: merakano

Finaltwist

Sep 7, 2019
Download worked for me.

With that being said, I'm going to be merging my server files with the new server files because of the latest updates. The only thing i don't want to erase is my world file with items containers, characters. I'm unsure which file i shouldn't overwrite/merge in order to ensure my account items/info remains.

Also, can someone else please confirm if taming lions and hippogriphs works for them? My animal stays red and won't follow instructions.

Reactions: Exale

Exale

Mar 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Mystical Nights
Yea it works for me now. it looks like he made an adjustment cause when I go to the download now it's different.
Post automatically merged:

Should just leave the "saves" folder alone. that's what contains all the accounts and such.

Finaltwist

Sep 7, 2019
Can anyone enlighten me? I'm merging the new distro with my current server. I have a feeling that if I overwrite the Saves / Items, Accounts, Mobiles that I will loose my current state of the world. Is that correct? I'm going to avoid those for now, hoping they are not necessary

Finaltwist

Sep 7, 2019
okay i notice Djerv's blog post. thanks!

USed winmerge to merge old/new server and all went well and it compiles. Thanks
Post automatically merged:

As a suggestion DJERV, when you update client assets, could you publish a client version number? That way when i update the server I don't have to download the client files if they are the same version. And when you add new assets to the client, just change the version so i know to update it.

Last edited:

VitorIcewall

Oct 6, 2019
Hello! Sorry for my english.
First I want to say that I´m in love with Ultima Odyssey. It´s something that I can´t describe how much I like it. Although I´d like to ask you something that I can´t find how to do.
I was playing the game solo and the difficulty was perfect. Now that I´m in the first castle of skara-brae (dragon key) I´m too Strong for everyone. I raised monsters HP in DifficultyLevel.cs on level 2, 3 and 4 (0 and 1 is perfect the way it is). But now I want to change the limit of player´s HP to 100 or 120. How can I do this?
Thank you so much!

VitorIcewall

Oct 6, 2019
Sorry for post it again but I don´t know how to edit my last post. I changed in DifficultyLevel double mod to 1.0. It works for now. Is good to raise the difficulty to play with friends.
Thanks again for this amazing game! My friends says: "best singleplayer I ever played".

Sep 21, 2019
I've been meaning to write this for a while and I find it a bit peculiar that nobody has seemingly written about these issues yet, meaning that I might be the only person suffering from it.

1- In the character creation screen, if you take a bit long, I'm talking about something like more than two minutes or close to that, you get "disconnected" in the RunUO command screen and while you are able to continue to the world/city selection screen (I'm not talking about the room, just the screen of Sosaria where you pick a city) you cannot continue from there. You can click "Enter" or the right arrow it does nothing. I'm guessing there is a timer, but I don't know what. Sometimes I take a bit long to pick my starting skills and I'm "disconnected" and unable to start the game.

2- The intelligence and dexterity selections in the character creation seem to be inverted with regards to the game itself, meaning that if you pick 35 int and 25 dex, you get to play with 35 dex/70 stamina and 25 int/50 stamina. Not a huge problem, but a problem nonetheless. Strength doesn't seem affected.

3- Right now, with the new build (CUO and RunUO different zips), the character creation screen doesn't reflect hair/facial hair type/colour and clothing colours don't seem to be reflecting on your "character creation" model. This doesn't affect the game itself as your selections apply. Not a big problem, but it wasn't like this in the previous builds, so maybe somethings broken?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
ultimaodyssey.blogspot.com
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Maybe don't use CUO and go back to the original client since all of these issues seem to be related to CUO as they are not issues in the original client.
Then wait for CUO to fix these problems. I feel your pain as they made some changes and then some things (that were working) started to break so I switched away from CUO for now. I know this is just hobby software development so I am pretty patient and am glad to have the original client alternative while they work through these.

README

VitorIcewall

Oct 6, 2019
I don´t know if I´m doing something wrong or it´s just a bug. I lost my guild ring to a trap and died and ress 3 or 4 times to another trap in a treasure´s room in a dungeon below the brit maze. It was a nice place that I really like it but now I can´t purchase my ring again. I drop 400 gold to the guildmaster but the ring never appear.

Trying:
Captura de Tela (222).png

Naked:
Captura de Tela (221).png

VitorIcewall

Oct 6, 2019
Yup...a dumb glitch. Add this to around line 276 of BaseGuildmaster.cs...

from.AddToBackpack( new GuildRings( from, GuildType ) );

...and I will try to get the main package updated today.
Thank you so much!
Great game, Djeryv! I want to say thank you for this. Great work!

merakano

Oct 12, 2019
Help please,
I could sail between different maps like ...N ...E and ...S...W on the sextant), but now I cannot anymore. I cannot get back to Britain. How can I get to Britain from the other map?