Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
What I noticed is that when you tame a red name monster, it'll commonly become gray once tamed (instead of blue), and while they'll respond to your orders, your other tamed animals will attack it on using the "guard" command. After saving the world, restarting the server, etc., typically that animal will eventually become blue and will act normal. Not sure how to fix either.

That said, I can't reproduce the "all kill" issue, it works normally for me (and I can use it multiple times as expected). Also, couldn't reproduce the "last object" issue with Razor either, seems to do the right thing for me (using ClassicUO+Razor, latest build).

WizardTim

Mar 21, 2019
I just tried the all kill and that works for me as intended.

I also tamed a nightmare and walked right into town (no reboots) and nobody attacked it and no guards killed it. The name turned blue as soon as I tamed it.

Are you using some old version of the game? Because this was an issue a couple of months ago and was fixed.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
I'm on the current (Jan 28) update, and I can't reproduce most of the issues mentioned above :) The "gray tame" thing is a minor issue that's not a problem for me tbh :)

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
It's the elder brown bear, one of the bears that's red originally (most are gray). I tamed it and it became gray instead of blue. It followed me normally, but if I used "all guard" it attacked other tame creatures I had and my other tame creatures attacked it back. I had to switch back to "all follow" to avoid that situation, and then after a server restart it came back as blue :)
Post automatically merged:

And as for when I tamed it, it was prolly about a week ago, on the then-current build of the game.

WizardTim

Mar 21, 2019
So, I tamed an eagle and then an elder brown bear. I noticed in ClassicUO that the name of the bear was gray, but the original client showed it as blue so I think the name color is a ClassicUO issue. If I close ClassicUO, and log back in, the name of the bear is blue. Like the client isn't refreshing the color of the name. I also had both animals attack a horse and they didn't fight with each other at all (meaning my bear and eagle didn't attack each other). They behaved as normal.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Hmm, very interesting! :) Alrighty, if I encounter a situation when my pets fight among themselves again, I'll try to reproduce it and describe the steps to repro it in detail :)

Zipzip2020

Jan 29, 2020
I can't command anything to attack more than once. I've tried random birds, leapoards, elephants, red pets, the works really. I'm using the newest version right with the version of classic here too.

It's such a weird bug. I have no idea why it would be happening. I've tried reinstalling completely with no luck. Pets just can't be commanded to attack =[ For now I'm just using guard, but it's kind of a pain since I have to aggro first. I'm sure that will be a nightmare later when I'm fighting stuff that opens with big nukes and things.

Red pets also run into an issue with guard where they won't continue attacking once the mob is running, so I usually have to have a backup pet that wasn't originally red since I can't command the red to attack.

Zipzip2020

Jan 29, 2020
Nah im not. I've used an admin account to modify values on my other character to see if that was the issue.

Pets don't have red names, I just mean pets I originally tamed that were red
Post automatically merged:

I downloaded the old client and pets can be commanded to kill there. Looks like it's a uoClassic issue. I'd much prefer to use that though since it's so smooth. The kill command works alright on other uoclassic clients I've used

Last edited:

WizardTim

Mar 21, 2019
During my tests with animal taming, they were all with ClassicUO with no issues. So I am at a loss what your issue may be but since no one else is responding it must be specific to you. This makes me think there is some ClassicUO/Razor setting that is causing this. Maybe delete your entire ClassicUO directory the Odyssey ClassicUO client. Use 7zip to extract it and try again.

Zipzip2020

Jan 29, 2020
During my tests with animal taming, they were all with ClassicUO with no issues. So I am at a loss what your issue may be but since no one else is responding it must be specific to you. This makes me think there is some ClassicUO/Razor setting that is causing this. Maybe delete your entire ClassicUO directory the Odyssey ClassicUO client. Use 7zip to extract it and try again.
I have actually tried that already. Are you doing it on the newest classic client listed here? Maybe I need an older version

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
I've seen a really funny and unusual issue today with a galleon at sea - I encountered a large galleon with a crew of purple-named ("neutral/good") men on it, a captain (with the title Captain of the British Guard or something like that) and a bunch of soldiers. I approached the ship, not intending to attack it or anything (playing a good character), just wanted to take a closer look. In a few seconds, the commander apparently went nuts and methodically killed every single crew member on board, one by one. None of them attacked me or anything, the commander just went on a killing spree killing his own soldiers. Not sure why it happened, maybe it was a mutiny of sorts?... :) Not sure if it's intentional behavior or if it was a bug, it's the first time I've seen this happen (granted, haven't encountered many galleons yet).

WizardTim

Mar 21, 2019
I'll shoot Djeryv an email on that one.

EDIT: He must have been at his PC, because he found it right away and uploaded a change to fix it. I guess the sailor guard captains had a negative karma so they were killing their positive karma crewmates. I also mentioned the taming thing and he hasn't had an issue especially since he plays with henchman.

Last edited:

Zipzip2020

Jan 29, 2020
I've tried everything for pet attack at this point, so I think I'll go with a melee character instead. Is there a way to modify XP rates? I don't think I can handle swinging at animals for hours haha.

ubentobox

Aug 6, 2015
I've seen a really funny and unusual issue today with a galleon at sea - I encountered a large galleon with a crew of purple-named ("neutral/good") men on it, a captain (with the title Captain of the British Guard or something like that) and a bunch of soldiers. I approached the ship, not intending to attack it or anything (playing a good character), just wanted to take a closer look. In a few seconds, the commander apparently went nuts and methodically killed every single crew member on board, one by one. None of them attacked me or anything, the commander just went on a killing spree killing his own soldiers. Not sure why it happened, maybe it was a mutiny of sorts?... :) Not sure if it's intentional behavior or if it was a bug, it's the first time I've seen this happen (granted, haven't encountered many galleons yet).
This had me laughing for a few minutes.. now I have a quest to sail the ocean and find this ship XD

actomaxs

Mar 27, 2017
Hi There!

I have been looking for a single player UO experience for a while so I am very excited to have found Odyssey!

When I try and run it I get an error though (see attached). Whether I say yes or no, it still results in a fatal error.

I am very new to trying to host a server, so this may be the result of my novice knowledge base.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments