Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Ozzer2016

Rookie
Jul 2, 2016
search for the jar using fiddler to get the numbers
Post automatically merged:

The Healing Dragon will heal you if you pull it out while alive, if you die it should rez you.

The Item id for me is 0x1005

Reactions: Finaltwist

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Cool thanks, ill definitely play with this... (i don't think my version of odyssey has this... is yours an older version of djeryv's server?)

Ozzer2016

Rookie
Jul 2, 2016
no, a custom runuo2.1 I started with the bare bones :) Lots installed, having fun setting it all up :)

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Ah i see. You should really see Odyssey... the content and dungeons and decorated in... such a way... well let's just say it's art.
Djeryv did a fantastic job - i would have paid for this kind of game.

Reactions: Ozzer2016

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Thanks Final! There were a few errors but they were easy to fix and I was able to get it running. I'll have to tweak a few things, a camp of naked brigands spawned while I was at the Skara bank lol
I'll incorporate the mageai and give it a test run. I did get the squire system running too, it seems to be performing OK with a few caveats, healers will not resurrect them when they die, they follow you very slowly as ghosts, and part of the discordace code I had to comment out because it would not compile otherwise. I did change the price of the deed also. The changes are commented in the code. I tried to duplicate the henchman mount function for the squires, but atm thats beyond my abilities.
Heya wanderer - just unzipped this squire file of yours.... is there documentation/intro somewhere? this is quite a complex system... where did you incorporate this system in odyssey? I'm intrigued

Edit: had a look at your edits on squiretargets.cs, you tried to remove the discordance compile error but didn't remove all discordance fundctions... so i re-incorporated what you commented out, and got some protection level errors. I assume those are the ones you were talking about.

Well turns out all you have to do is change some references of private to public in discordance.cs. So i did that for you, and added squires system folders without the discordance commented out. I guess not many scripts called on the discordance tables in discordance.cs so it's never been an issue till now. Discordance is an overlooked skill that I love :)

Note: this compiles with me but i haven't tested it out ingame. Make a backup of your world, replace the scripts or merge them in with winmerge, run it and make a squire and see if he can use discordance!

Attachments

Last edited:

unblest

Citizen
May 20, 2016
What's the recommended "meta" for Odyssey? Sampires are great in online, what about it Odyssey?

FaceMelter

Rookie
May 31, 2014
Shard Name
Altima
What's the recommended "meta" for Odyssey? Sampires are great in online, what about it Odyssey?
It's really it's own game, so I'd tinker around with how some of the skill are repurposed. I had a great time making new builds.

Geppino

Citizen
Jun 4, 2015
simply awesome thank you for the release! However, fighting skills grow much faster than magery. How can I set the magery increase whit the same "speed"? or more generally, how can I change the speed at which the various skills increase?

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
the skillcheck.cs script deals with skill gain. look for the variable gc =. Changing this to under 2 makes skillgains go faster. But the best way (without cheating or editting) is to join the magery guild. you will gain faster for the skill you want.

Geppino

Citizen
Jun 4, 2015
Thanks for the answer! Another question, how quivers work? you have to wear them or you should keep them in the backpack?

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Odd Karma Bug:

My character has been loosing karma at random inverals and without an explanation i could find... i don't kill positive karma mobs, i don't use stealing, i don't dig graves, or do necro spells... i couldn't figure it out. i would end up with 4k karma, and on next login, have 800 suddenly without explanation.

From what i can tell, this happens when i logout when hidden in a wilderness area. when i log back in (character still hidden), he has substantially less karma. I had 3k karma at logout and when i logged in i was actually at -800 karma! Anyone have any theories on this one???

Harryberry

Citizen
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I am having trouble trying to get this thing installed and was wondering if there's a step by step guide how to install this? I downloaded all the files and now its doing something with around 5000 files and it just sits there in the Dos screen im wondering is this the correct thing ? I have the folder client that i put in the UO folder that i downloaded as well and it's been sitting there for about 30 minutes.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
The info you're giving really can't help us help you. Djeryv gives some pretty clear install instructions in the PDF in the server package. Have you looked there?

Harryberry

Citizen
Apr 5, 2020
I got it working! this is great so far! any advice on getting started compared to regular UO.. ? this is quite a unique game!

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
my advice: read this thread from page 1
Read the pdf :) Check reddit /uodyssey

Odd Karma Bug:

My character has been loosing karma at random inverals and without an explanation i could find... i don't kill positive karma mobs, i don't use stealing, i don't dig graves, or do necro spells... i couldn't figure it out. i would end up with 4k karma, and on next login, have 800 suddenly without explanation.

From what i can tell, this happens when i logout when hidden in a wilderness area. when i log back in (character still hidden), he has substantially less karma. I had 3k karma at logout and when i logged in i was actually at -800 karma! Anyone have any theories on this one???
By the way i figured this out... my karma loss came from stealing bags from pedestals. I don't understand why there's a karma loss in dong this. The only time i steal these items on the pedestals is in dungeons. I don't see why my character should get negative karma for taking an item from a dungeon (full of monsters). So i removed this. it's in basesteal.cs line 396. comment out Titles.AwardKarma( from, -2000, true );

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
The best way to get your skills to gain faster is to join a guild. The guild system in Odyssey is expanded upon where members can buy things in bulk from guild masters and they have a set of skills that raise faster when you are a member. So joining the mage guild will have skills like magery and meditation raise quicker than others. The rule of thumb is they give you a guild ring and whatever that guild ring enhances for skills are the same skills that will raise quicker.

simply awesome thank you for the release! However, fighting skills grow much faster than magery. How can I set the magery increase whit the same "speed"? or more generally, how can I change the speed at which the various skills increase?

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Hi everyone!

I just added a lottery system to my shard! It's a single NPC that sells lottery tickets. The winnings are random, and the odds of winning (or loosing) are based on the winnings of the draw. So its very fit for a single player shard. e.g. if the lottery winning is 500,000, you might have a 1 in 439 chance of winning or if the winnings are 100,000 you might have a 1 in 80 chance of winning.

super easy drag and drop, and spawn the npc (in the tavern for example).

it also has a global [lottery command players can use to see when the next draw is.
to change the drawtime, change i_drawingdelay value

Attachments

Wanderer

Squire
Apr 18, 2019
Heya wanderer - just unzipped this squire file of yours.... is there documentation/intro somewhere? this is quite a complex system... where did you incorporate this system in odyssey? I'm intrigued

Edit: had a look at your edits on squiretargets.cs, you tried to remove the discordance compile error but didn't remove all discordance fundctions... so i re-incorporated what you commented out, and got some protection level errors. I assume those are the ones you were talking about.

Well turns out all you have to do is change some references of private to public in discordance.cs. So i did that for you, and added squires system folders without the discordance commented out. I guess not many scripts called on the discordance tables in discordance.cs so it's never been an issue till now. Discordance is an overlooked skill that I love :)

Note: this compiles with me but i haven't tested it out ingame. Make a backup of your world, replace the scripts or merge them in with winmerge, run it and make a squire and see if he can use discordance!

Apologies for the late reply, I haven't been on in a bit. Thanks for uploading your edits, I'll test out them out. The way I incorporated the squires in my game, I made a spawner for the squire innkeeper at the inn so you can "stable" your squires, I added a spawner for the squire vendor at brit castle, and I changed the control slots to 1 if remember correctly. I will set it to 2, because having more than 2 squires makes them a bit harder to manage as one is always too far to interact with. As the squires got more skilled, they really do help out in combat! They are able to heal you and eventually resurrect you or other squires too. I haven't tested any other skills, but by looking at the code they are able to use them and gain just like the player. It really does add a nice party dynamic to the game. If your modications fix the barding stuff I commented out, having an archer healer bard squire will definitely be a huge help against uber enemies. However, like I commented before, healers will not resurrect them like they do players. If you have squires, I highly recommend you have high enough healing to resurrect them.

Wanderer

Squire
Apr 18, 2019
Final your edits compiled without issue and my squires are running just as before. I'm going to keep playing them and turn one into a bard. Thx for the fixes!