Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Bones2147

Citizen
Feb 13, 2020
Hi Bones

What game are you playing? odyssey vannilla?
f you're playing my fork (ultima adventures) i would direct you to that resource now - there are updated versions of the fork.
to answer your question, no i've always been able to loot those corpses - in fact i just looted some yesterday when i was playing.
i could still update your fork though - a lot of changes have been made and you should be able to bring in your savegame.
Yeah, playing your fork.

Reactions: Finaltwist

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Yeah, playing your fork.
then come on over to the right thread well help ya fix the issue

JesusMcCoy

Citizen
Sep 23, 2019
RE: Camping Tents - Is there an exit to the camping area? I may just not be seeing it. Finally testing out new skills on my murder hobo, now that I have extra skill space.

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
RE: Camping Tents - Is there an exit to the camping area? I may just not be seeing it. Finally testing out new skills on my murder hobo, now that I have extra skill space.
Both tents have a curtain flap door. Just double click it. Your character should have entered the tent right next to it.

Reactions: JesusMcCoy

JesusMcCoy

Citizen
Sep 23, 2019
Both tents have a curtain flap door. Just double click it. Your character should have entered the tent right next to it.
Thanks. I knew I was being an idiot, just not sure how. I was simply running through the curtain and hitting the edge of the map.

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
As much as people bitch about heavy loot, they never seem to take the camping skill. If you get it high enough, you can camp in a dungeon. Almost every character I make uses camping.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
greetings odyssey-ers.

just writing here in the event any of you are playing the ultima adventures fork. We've actually decided to host it on a 24/7 hosted server. there's about 5 of us playing and the playerbase will remain under 10. so if there's a desire to join up just private message me there's still a few spots.

we just added a custom stable post that you can use to stable your pets and the pets don't disappear (they stay at the post!), and a custom gauntlet system where you can pitch your character against waves of monsters to see how far you can get.

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello, I'm experiencing a strange error (yellow Warning) in the client command window, it happens when I move a container (with objects inside) inside another container, be in the backpack of the character/dungeon master, or secured inside the house.

Error.png

Rarely it happens even moving some non ID items into the character's backpack.
And when the character dies, sometimes it show those errors and leave no visibile corpse.
I've make several tries with several characters, full equipped or semi-naked, most of the times happen with full equipped chars.

Oddly enough, another player who play on my server instead can see the bodies of my characters and all the items that carries into the corpse (i'm playing local, other login to my server/IP).
I've tried even with a fresh install, re-dowloading server & client files, create new player account ... same results with a fresh character equipped with base armor/clothes/jewelry buyed at Britain (nothing magic from monsters), backpack almost empty.

I don't understand where is the problem, maybe UO place some temp files into my PC that carry over this bug even into a fresh install?

thanks in advance for support (and sorry for my bad english) :)

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
Sounds like a ClassicUO client problem which is not a part of Odyssey but developed by someone else. If you don't like the ClassicUO client, then use the original client. Or you go the ClassicUO GitHub or Discord and report the problem.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
he likes classicuo, that's why he uses it.

i had the same issue happen (corpse). i also notice that braziers started showing as unused tiles. Is there a way to prevent the client from auto-updating?
we could revert to an earlier client that works well and have it not update.

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
That is fine if he likes it and wants to use it. Djeryv didn't make ClassicUO and this isn't a ClassicUO support thread. So if you can't get ClassicUO to work to your liking, then use the original client. Otherwise, there is a GitHub and Discord for ClassicUO that one can get help at for these issues.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Hi Wizard, always a pleasure speaking with you. The issue is that classicuo auto-updates and that the updates tend to break things... SO.. with that in mind: Kurgan, if you want to fix the issue: load the classicuo client version from the dropbox (that one works). Then, edit settings.json and add

"skipupdate": true
in there somewhere.
the client will never update if you do this and thus won't break things randomly :D
problem fixed.

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Thank you Finaltwist, this solution to block auto update works!
Mantain a older version of ClassicUO, like the v0.1.3.602 provided by Djeryv into download section or the v0.1.3.500 on Github, will work with character's corpse - no bugs - i've made the mistake to leave auto update the client to an experimental (???) version of ClassicUO :(

Thank you again very much, also i've seen your fork and when i've made some practice with Odyssey (and find more times to play and understand server/client mechanics) i want to try yours as well.
Good luck with Adventures, i'll look foward to your project :)

[again sorry for my bad english]

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Thank you Finaltwist, this solution to block auto update works!
Mantain a older version of ClassicUO, like the v0.1.3.602 provided by Djeryv into download section or the v0.1.3.500 on Github, will work with character's corpse - no bugs - i've made the mistake to leave auto update the client to an experimental (???) version of ClassicUO :(

Thank you again very much, also i've seen your fork and when i've made some practice with Odyssey (and find more times to play and understand server/client mechanics) i want to try yours as well.
Good luck with Adventures, i'll look foward to your project :)

[again sorry for my bad english]
All good! you're welcome to join the 24/7 server we have running - just people from this and the adventures thread are able to join so its eant to be a tight knit group. and users have the option to get the server/save so everything they do never gets lost. just message me if you want to try it out.

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello Finaltwist, i've found an issue with the settings.json where you have tell me to add the string "skipupdate": true,
When the client starts it don't update, but the settings.json file will revert back to original (delete "skipupdate": true, )
It is supposed to happen or maybe i've done someting wrong?
Putting the string "skipupdate": true, next to every line of settings.json give the same results.

Thanks for help :)

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
I honestly have no idea... and that will have to be querried at the classicuo site. i wish i had an answer - and if you find out please share your findings here.

dariushine

Citizen
Feb 12, 2020
You can also do it if you pass it as an argument to the executable. I did it by creating a batch file but a shortcut should be easier. Basically, just create a shortcut, open its properties and paste
Code:
-skipupdate true
at the end of the path, one space after the " if it has any.

Reactions: Bones2147

Tombyl

Citizen
May 23, 2020
It looks like if a tamed pet kill a MOB you don't get any credit for xp towards your legendary artifacts. You have to be the one to physically get the last hit on it in order to get credit.

Has anyone been able to get this fixed?

WizardTim

Rookie
Mar 21, 2019
I emailed Djeryv with this and he sent me a fix. Go into BaseCreature.cs to around line 3753 and replace that section.

C#:
            if ( !Summoned && willKill )
                LevelItemManager.CheckItems( from, this ); // FOR GOD LEVEL ITEMS
with this

C#:
            if ( !Summoned && willKill )
            {
                Mobile leveler = from;

if ( leveler is BaseCreature )
                    leveler = ((BaseCreature)leveler).GetMaster();

if ( leveler is PlayerMobile )
                {
                    LevelItemManager.CheckItems( leveler, this );
                }
            }
I tried it on my server and it works. I have a henchman that killed a goat and I got the XP for it. Djeryv said he would put it in his next update because he said he is working on a really huge "Corona Update". He sent me some screenshots and it is really cool looking. He had a flying carpet that goes over the water like boats that looks awesome. Some of the town screenshots are what I am looking forward to.