Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I just decided this morning to add extra stuff to Spirit Speak on my system. This one is more of a flavor/roleplaying setup. So along with the poison flaw I posted about above, this has extra elements to it.

-You cannot absorb energy from corpses unless your karma is less than zero
-If you absorb energy from corpses, you will take a karma hit...like using the poisoning skill
-If your karma is below zero, you will say something more evil sounding and have a different effect around your body

These three things allow for some flavor for those death knights or necromancer type characters.

-The skill also replenishes some stamina
-Wrestling skill value enhances this effect for health and stamina

This is meant for those that want to play a monk-type character. These are ones that I envision with wrestling skills and they can spirit speak to be more monk-like while they replenish their body.

Just for some extra fun things with the skill.

Attachments

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
I have a little question: I found a magical entrance to the town of Skara Brae, which seems to be isolated from everything else. There is no portal back, and no apparent way to unlock any of the locked doors (the Catacombs, or any of the castles or towers in the corners of the map). The doors reference keyholes with certain symbols on them or without any symbols, I tried the Skeleton Key, the Master Skeleton Key, and the lockpicks, but neither of that did anything. I'm not playing a mage character so I don't have things like the Unlock spell. I seem to have explored every accessible building, as well as the perimeter (all three levels). Found the Thieves' Guild, as well as a side entrance on the tavern which leads to a cellar from which you can see monsters roaming about in the catacombs, but still no way to enter those catacombs. What am I missing here? :) I'm pretty sure I shouldn't just be locked out in this town, and there should be some way to advance the progression or go back, but I fail to see how it's possible to do either of that... :/ There's also this guy referencing the Mad God, but talking to him also does nothing seemingly relevant (he just says that only a true disciple knows the name of the Mad God). Thanks in advance for the tip! :)

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
This is a recreation of the Bard's Tale quest from the 80's CRPG.

explore every dungeon you can...going everywhere in them.

Read the notes you might find in chests.

Keep an eye on your quest log.

Use Google for hints from the CRPG.

I do the Skara Brae thing with almost every character...as you get alot of gold through it and custom artifacts.

So you have to figure out how to escape.

Reactions: Lokai

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Okie doke, thanks a lot for the info! :) Sounds intriguing! I remember that classic CRPG, though only vaguely. I'll keep exploring ;)

Wanderer

Apr 18, 2019
I got stuck in Skara Brae when I first started playing Odyssey. Started a new char when I couldn't get out. Haven't been back yet hehehe

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Hehe, I'm actually successful so far - found a couple hidden doors in various locations, which opened up exploration possibilities, a *very* interesting quest so far! :)

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
dungeons...also...detect hidden reveals them unless you double click walls.

Wanderer

Apr 18, 2019
Awesome! I'll make my way there again and keep my char lol. Thx for the updates Djeryv
Post automatically merged:

Hey Djeryv. I've been working on some graphics modifications to your client. Nothing major, I've I've just replaced replaced some textures like the grass, jungle (needs some tweaks), desert and mountain. I was able to animate the water tiles using the tiles provided by OSI (2 frame anims - I'm considering replacing them all now that they're animated). However, in order to make it work, I had to replace the lightbulb tiles from your release (0x17b3, 0x17b4, 0x17b5, 0x17b6). I looked through the scripts and did not find those tiles referenced in the .cs files. I'm assuming it has been used on the map somewhere as a static. Since I have not explored the entire map yet, do you remember off the top of your head where in the map those tiles were used? I'd like to release the .mul diffs in case somebody would like to use them once its finished.

Last edited:

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
[POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT]

I'm continuing my Bard's Tale quest playthrough and I can't quite figure out what to do again :) I managed to get into the sewers (I think, through the cellar and through the thief's building), I ran through the entire dungeon that's accessible four times, wiped it completely each time (except the Kraken who I killed only once, see below), grabbed every piece of loot, read every note that I got (I think I got them all, I have duplicates of most of them too), tried clicking various things, and I still haven't progressed any further :) Am I at least looking in the right place?... There are a couple places which seem important (the room with the Chaos tile on the floor and the room with the three glowing runes on the floor and a cauldron), but I can't interact with any of these pieces. Well, maybe the cauldron, but that seems to just give me an Invisibility Potion if I have an empty bottle... I tried checking out the Bard's Tale walkthrough for hints, and it looks like I need to find out the name of the Mad God, but it's not in the notes and nothing else seems to provide any clue as to what it is or where it may be. The locations in the city are still sealed and my quest log is still empty when it comes to this quest. :) Can you please give me a couple hints as to what to do in this situation?.. I'm honestly at a loss :D (in the original game, apparently there was a "magic mouth" that said the name of the Mad God, but I haven't seen anything resembling it anywhere I've been to).

Also, there's a Kraken swimming in the pool - I killed him once, but couldn't get his loot since it's in the water. Not sure how relevant it is to kill it (and how to get anything off its body), but I haven't killed him on any subsequent dungeon runs since it seemed not to be worth it. I don't think killing it unlocked anything... at least I haven't noticed anything that would be relevant.

Oh, found another secret door, it seems like that's where I needed to go... :) There are lots of secrets doors here, hehe :) Kk, I'll keep you posted, back to exploration.

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I had to replace the lightbulb tiles from your release (0x17b3, 0x17b4, 0x17b5, 0x17b6). I looked through the scripts and did not find those tiles referenced in the .cs files. I'm assuming it has been used on the map somewhere as a static. Since I have not explored the entire map yet, do you remember off the top of your head where in the map those tiles were used?
They are on the spaceship on the TerMur map.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Also, there's a Kraken swimming in the pool - I killed him once, but couldn't get his loot since it's in the water. Not sure how relevant it is to kill it (and how to get anything off its body), but I haven't killed him on any subsequent dungeon runs since it seemed not to be worth it.
Just some monster in the dungeon to try and kill. The challenge is killing him next to the wood planks. Not quest related at all.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
[SPOILER ALERT]

On my Bard's Tale quest, I made it to the lower catacombs, and as appears to be the norm for me, vanquished the entire Catacombs about five times by now while looking for what exactly to do :) Haven't found any secret doors or anything like that. There's another talking face saying that "altars are set up where Harkyn only needs to say his name" or something like that, but nothing else seems to happen. No quest progression is marked in the log. Tried clicking pretty much everywhere, haven't found any interactive locations... Can you please give me a hint as to what I'm missing here?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Kill the tall spectre on the bottom level and they will drop a glowing chest.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Kill the tall spectre on the bottom level and they will drop a glowing chest.
Hmm, should it always drop it or is there a certain chance? I know that spectre, it spawns in the topmost alcove of the lower catacombs, I killed it at least 3 times, quite possibly more, I don't think there was anything of interest on his body (just a couple random items) and there was no other chest spawned other than the one which is already in that alcove (with loot) :/ I kill and loot everything in sight in dungeons, generally, so there's very little chance that I'll miss something that's on the body :D I'm not sure if maybe I open his corpse too soon and it has no chance to spawn the item or whatever, will try one more time later today and will report how it goes.

OK, killed him again and he did drop a chest this time :) Not sure how I missed it on all the previous attempts :/ Maybe I somehow thought it was an already looted chest or something... at any rate, things are good now, thanks for help! :D

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I think the corpse sometimes drops on the top of it. Remember to CNTRL-SHIFT sometimes to see what is around you.