Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Tempus

Aug 5, 2015
www.amazon.com
Got to say, I'm loving this! One quick question, is there a way to tweak the hunger/thirst rates? I like the idea, just want to tone it down a little bit.

Reactions: TheDoc

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I don't have my gaming PC nearby. Try looking in the Items folder for Food. I think the decay rates are in there somewhere.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I just looked this morning and I should apologize...it is actually in the Server/Misc folder called FoodDecay.cs.

You probably want to change this timer...

public FoodDecayTimer() : base( TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ), TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ) )
{
Priority = TimerPriority.OneMinute;
}

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I have been using the ClassicUO client in this game and I am loving the look and feel. To me, it is a very usable client so here is some info...

Get it here, if you don't want to compile it yourself...

It comes with a version of Razor in it.

What I did is copy my "Client" folder to a new folder called "Game". I then went into the "Game" folder and deleted all of the UOP files in it. I made a folder, inside the "Game" called "Enhanced" and I unzipped the download files into the "Enhanced" folder.

Inside the "Enhanced" folder, I made (or open up in a text editor) a "settings.json" file. My file looks like this...

C#:
{
  "username": "",
  "password": "",
  "ip": "127.0.0.1",
  "port": 2593,
  "ultimaonlinedirectory": "C:\\UO\\Game\\",
  "clientversion": "7.0.15.1",
  "lastcharactername": "",
  "lastservernum": 1,
  "login_fps": 60,
  "debug": false,
  "profiler": true,
  "saveaccount": true,
  "autologin": true,
  "reconnect": true,
  "reconnect_time": 0,
  "login_music": true,
  "login_music_volume": 70,
  "shard_type": 0,
  "fixed_time_step": true,
  "plugins": [
    ".\\Assistant\\Razor.dll"
  ]
}
I then start the server and when it is done loading I run the "ClassicUO.exe" file and play. As far as getting it going is concerned, that is all I know.

If you get it running, it is fricken awesome. You get good framerates and you can zoom in and out (you can really zoom out far). You can drag the window as big as you want it from within the client while playing. If you use a large viewable area, you don't get those black triangle effects. It is pretty cool.

The reason you need a directory, with the UOP files deleted, is that ClassicUO will try to use them...and Ultima Odyssey doesn't use them so creatures sometimes look wrong for example. Keeping your "Client" folder intact, allows you to go back to the reliable Razor/Client that came with the package.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Oh, this is really nice! Thanks a lot for sharing, I was curious if ClassicUO would be compatible or not, glad to see that it is! :)

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
Donate money to this user
This is really nice. If anyone else runs on Debian 9 and mono, make sure you turn off RunRoutineAtStartup in DifficultyLevel.cs or mono will complain that the plant routines are too complex. Really nice work!

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
This is really nice. If anyone else runs on Debian 9 and mono, make sure you turn off RunRoutineAtStartup in DifficultyLevel.cs or mono will complain that the plant routines are too complex. Really nice work!
Oh, I'm really interested in how you got it to work on Mono - no matter how I set this option, if I start it with something like "Mono RunUO.exe" it just gives me a ton of warnings and bails. Should I somehow recompile the executable? It would be nice if you could provide some details. I'm currently playing via Wine with .NET 4.6 installed in my prefix. :)

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
I didn't have any trouble on Debian 9 fresh install other than when I forgot to edit my DataPath.cs. Otherwise, it ran the 1st time after a fresh install of Debian and one update pull and an install of zlib. I did delete the saves and started with a new [buildworld. I also did a fresh compile using the servuo compile for msc and it compiled it without any problem. If you need that let me know and I'll post it, but it should be in the servuo root.

Reactions: Gadget2013

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
Interesting :) Thanks for the info!
I took a different approach on my install - I recompiled a fresh copy of RunUO 2.1 (actually, it was marked as 2.2 but showed 2.1 when run - it was the first version which had the necessary ISpawnable interface) on the current Mono (I'm running 5.20) and used that instead. Had to make a small change in ScriptCompiler.cs to satisfy this new version of Mono (basically, changed an empty double quote to "files" (with no quotes) in either one or two places), tweaked my DataPath.cs and also had to rename "Cliloc.enu" to "cliloc.enu" to make the server find it on a case-sensitive file system, otherwise everything seems to work practically out of the box. Didn't have to change RunRoutineAtStartup as you indicated, it seems that it works alright on this build, at least as far as I could tell so far...

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
I'm glad you mentioned that. I completely forgot that I had to grab a copy of 2.1 and add the server files and recompile. My apologies. Glad you got it working. This is some of the best work I've ever seen. I've been playing it non-stop lol. Same thing with cliloc.

Reactions: Gadget2013

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I did delete the saves and started with a new [buildworld.
Just to be clear, as the instructions mentioned, you removed all of the dungeons and sky castles that characters can buy when you deleted that saves folder.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
I have a little question: on the Info screen, there's a stat identified as Level. Is it purely for information (a relative power level) or is it actually used in some in-game calculations and affects something? And also, what's it dependent on? The total number of skill points or is there more to it than that? Thanks in advance! :)

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
It is a sum of stats, skills, fame, and karma(a negative is converted to a positive value) and they each account for 25% of the level calculation. It is mostly a number and "might" be used in scripts somewhere...I just can't remember where. I do remember that is was just a D&D-style number indicator for how a character is doing.

Gadget2013

Jun 13, 2014
A little question (possibly I just don't understand something): I tried setting up a Barkeep in my house via the Barkeep Contract available at the tavern - both to make my house look a little livelier and due to the small utility function of the barkeep to sell drinks and stuff. It worked fine, but after the server restart, the barkeep is gone (seemingly forever, with no trace). Tried it twice and both ended up with the same result, the barkeep disappearing after the server is restarted. Is this a bug or is it a feature I don't understand? :) If anyone knows anything about it, it'd be nice to know (as well as how to fix it, if possible...) Thanks in advance!