Resource icon

Ultima Odyssey 2019-03-12

No permission to download

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I found the issue and I think it is fixed with the below file. The grave robbing would have a similar issue so I fixed that too. Mining and Herbalism look fine. The container script below just fixes the corpses you find so they no longer say things like "the wonderful corpse of Zelda" and instead just be "the corpse of Zelda".

So I logged in a cut alot of trees and I got most of the wood available now...but you were correct...it was just 3 different ones until I fixed it. Elven wood is really rare and I didn't feel like cutting all night to try and get any...just saying.

Attachments

Last edited:

halfer

May 5, 2018
Thanks so much, even faced with such a problem:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: An instance of an object does not have a reference to an object.

в Server.Spells.Song.FoeRequiemSong.Target(Mobile m)
в Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
в Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
в Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
в Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
в Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
I am not sure what is causing that error, so I added some extra checks for the spell for null references.

Also, I was thinking this morning about mining, and I checked it out this morning to see I actually did forget something. There was no way to dig up dwarven ore. So now I fixed the Mining.cs file so it can finally be found by miners over GM.

Now there are more ores in the game than Mining.cs has, and this is intentional because the other ores are found by what land you are in. So what happens is that if you are on the Serpent Island (where the gargoyles live) and you dig up either Agapite, VeriteOre, or Valorite...then there is a 50/50 chance it will actually come out of the ground as Obsidian instead. These special cases are all handled in the HarvestSystem.cs file.
Post automatically merged:

Below is a link for the map that has Argentrock Castle on it. I decided to "fix" something where some monsters were taller than the walls so I cleaned out the archways. I didn't like that their heads were peeking through the stone arch above them in the halls and doorways. So if you use this new map, the castle looks less dumb when statues and titans walk the hallways.

MAP

Attachments

Last edited:

Wanderer

Apr 18, 2019
Modded XML Spawner that works for this release
Thanks a lot for this! Got any other scripts you might have for this version of RunUO?

I am not sure what is causing that error, so I added some extra checks for the spell for null references.

Also, I was thinking this morning about mining, and I checked it out this morning to see I actually did forget something. There was no way to dig up dwarven ore. So now I fixed the Mining.cs file so it can finally be found by miners over GM.

Now there are more ores in the game than Mining.cs has, and this is intentional because the other ores are found by what land you are in. So what happens is that if you are on the Serpent Island (where the gargoyles live) and you dig up either Agapite, VeriteOre, or Valorite...then there is a 50/50 chance it will actually come out of the ground as Obsidian instead. These special cases are all handled in the HarvestSystem.cs file.

Below is a link for the map that has Argentrock Castle on it. I decided to "fix" something where some monsters were taller than the walls so I cleaned out the archways. I didn't like that their heads were peeking through the stone arch above them in the halls and doorways. So if you use this new map, the castle looks less dumb when statues and titans walk the hallways.

MAP
Thanks for the edits Djeryv!

halfer

May 5, 2018
shop which sell the best with the assignments work crooked, they provide jobs with different types of wood, but in fact throw in a standard log and do all the tasks and please tell me how to make the stats grow faster

Last edited:

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
shop which sell the best with the assignments work crooked, they provide jobs with different types of wood, but in fact throw in a standard log and do all the tasks and please tell me how to make the stats grow faster
I think there is a language barrier here...as I can't make out what you are trying to say here.

Are you talking about the shelf Shoppes for your home?

If so, you just need wood loaded in a carpenter shopped...no matter the type. That is intentional and keeps the shoppes simple. If you get the book on Shoppes, you will see that it states that.

What stats to grow faster?

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
Donate money to this user
For anyone using Caddellite ores. You'll need to capitalize "the" in "the Great Dwarven Forge" in CaddelliteOre.cs in order to smelt them at the forge.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
For anyone using Caddellite ores. You'll need to capitalize "the" in "the Great Dwarven Forge" in CaddelliteOre.cs in order to smelt them at the forge.
I just tried it and I didn't have to capitalize that word. In Regions.xml it is named "the Great Dwarven Forge" and the CaddelliteOre.cs checks for that exact name case. I don't know why you had to.

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
I'm not sure either. It works on Windows PC but not on Debian PC. I wouldn't think that would be an issue since it's a string in a file and not a path itself, but changing it fixed the issue. Wasn't trying to say you did something wrong :) Maybe I somehow changed the regions file, so that was probably my fault and everyone disregard that post.

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Unix and linux are case sensitive when it comes to file paths, windows is not. FooBar, foobar and FOObar are all different files on *nix while on windows they would be the same.

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
Unix and linux are case sensitive when it comes to file paths, windows is not. FooBar, foobar and FOObar are all different files on *nix while on windows they would be the same.
Yes sir. I believe this may have been my own fault as usual lol.

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
True, but these are not file paths/names. They are just strings in a file...but...even a Windows RunUO will be case sensitive in string comparison unless you tell it otherwise. It would be worth while to check your Regions.xml file to make sure that is not the issue...or is the issue. So if your Regions.xml has a "The Great" instead of "the Great"...then it should fail the comparison.

Reactions: TheDoc

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
Boy...I am having a really hard time understanding what you are looking for. What country are you from?

I should play catch up on your questions though:

Your screen shot of a shoppe doesn't help me answer any further questions with that, except what I already tried to answer.

As for increasing the chances of stat gain...I have never done that before. I searched the web for this and all I can find is skill gain increases.

As for riding in stealth...I think you have to rewrite the stealthing system because you can't run and be hidden unless you are logged in what an admin account. If you change your "permissions" to admin, well, ya might as well not play the game.

Reactions: TheDoc

Joshua

Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Boy...I am having a really hard time understanding what you are looking for. What country are you from?

I should play catch up on your questions though:

Your screen shot of a shoppe doesn't help me answer any further questions with that, except what I already tried to answer.

As for increasing the chances of stat gain...I have never done that before. I searched the web for this and all I can find is skill gain increases.

As for riding in stealth...I think you have to rewrite the stealthing system because you can't run and be hidden unless you are logged in what an admin account. If you change your "permissions" to admin, well, ya might as well not play the game.
I agree with that statement, going admin basically gives into tempation to not enjoy the server for what it is. Now, this suggestion I'm about to give would leave the support of Djeryv however you could do this. Create an item in game (via script), such as boots as an example, call them like boots of the shadows (we) lol. Then go into the stealth.cs script, and under the TimeSpan section, add in a statement that states if boots are detected on playermobile return an additional 2 seconds. since you are mainly aiming towards a mount, maybe add in a mount check too, to ensure the mount is present before applying the affect.

just a suggestion though (shrugs)... lol , possible other issues may arrise from this if done wrong but that should be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. T

TheDoc

Gold Donator
Platinum Donator
Jun 16, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Shard Name
MAGA
Donate
This is some amazing work. I really like the itemid and armslore changes. It's reminiscent of playing old UO and exciting. I put it up for some friends to play, but sadly people these days are too freakin' lazy to read or learn how things work. I don't get the point of playing a game and expecting everything to be handed to you, or expect someone else to tell you how it works. Ok, done ranting. Love this package.