Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

gameridian

Citizen
There seems to be some issues with Bowcraft.

Crafting an Ash Bow consumes regular wood instead of Ash.
- other types of wood seem to have the same issue
- other types of bows seem to have the same issue

Logs will be used if there are no boards. I don't know if this is intentional or not. The wood selection menu only seems to count the number of boards, so it was odd to see a quantity of zero (with logs but no boards in backpack) but still be able to craft.

Djeryv

Squire
There seems to be some issues with Bowcraft.

Crafting an Ash Bow consumes regular wood instead of Ash.
- other types of wood seem to have the same issue
- other types of bows seem to have the same issue

Logs will be used if there are no boards. I don't know if this is intentional or not. The wood selection menu only seems to count the number of boards, so it was odd to see a quantity of zero (with logs but no boards in backpack) but still be able to craft.
I update the server package and this should be all fixed now. I tested it a bit so let me know if I missed something.

gameridian

Citizen
I update the server package and this should be all fixed now. I tested it a bit so let me know if I missed something.
Bow crafting seems to be using the correct type of wood now.

Arrow shafts now require boards and cannot use logs
- Since boards can only be crafted at the sawmill as far as I know, this change may be too restrictive for Archers.

Feature request
- Craftable ammo for throwing gloves
-- I can currently buy it (throwing dagger/dart/stone/axe/star) from the monk, but It would be nice if it were a blacksmith or bowcraft recipe.

Djeryv

Squire
Fair enough. Server updated. Shafts and kindling require logs and not boards. You can make 1 throwing weapon with 1 ingot in the tinkering menu in the miscellaneous section.

CaptMyron

Citizen
Cindermoon the Master Archer, along with The Evil Spooof, Grandmaster Swordsman, and their new companion, Artie the Grandmaster Swordsman, had made their way to Stonegate Castle.

After battling demons and other horrific monstrosities heretofore unseen by our intrepid trio, they arrived at a lava-filled cavern with many obsidian pedestals. All but one were unreachable. The one that was reachable had a single rune upon it. Our brave adventurers stepped on the rune and were subsequently transported to other pedestals. Their final destination was a rune-covered black tower.

Upon entering the tour, they encountered a .... dum, dum, dum .... SHADOWLORD!!! Astaroth cackled with evil glee, "No mortal can slay me!!!"
Turns our he was right. Each time our noble warriors were about to slay, magical energies crackled in the air and Astaroth was restored to health.

After several tries, our stalwart heroes fled the tower. The Shadowlord must have a weakness. Now to find it...

<ooc> If anyone's encountered this guy, do you have tips? :) <ooc>

CaptMyron

Citizen
On an unrelated note, after playing a bit this afternoon, my friends and I logged off. One of them just logged back on and the basement trapdoors have disappeared. I haven't updated the server since the update previous to yesterday's (which I did NOT apply).
Post automatically merged:

PS couriers offering adventures are also gone.

Earlier in the day, the server crashed while this player was in game and generated the attached .log file.

We had some downtime, so I updated to the server version uploaded yesterday by D.

Attachments

• Crash 28-12-2020-7-25-44.txt
    814 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kurgan83

Citizen
Hello Djeryv, I have prepared a list of things that possibly need to be checked :

Errors and suggestions (based on real game zone names) for command [go :
- Ambrosia -> Abandoned Town - (suggestion) City of the Dead
- Ambrosia -> Dragon's Maw -> Radiation Dragon - (suggestion) Irradiated Dragon
- Ambrosia -> Shrine, North - (suggestion) Shrine of Strength
- Ambrosia -> Shrine, South - (suggestion) Shrine of Dexterity
- Ambrosia -> Shrine, East - (suggestion) Shrine of Wisdom
- Ambrosia -> Shrine, West - (error) take instead to Shrine of Strength (as Shrine, North)
- Blackmoor Ruins -> Castle - (error)teleport to black tile
- Bottle World -> Dragon Cave - (suggestion) Steamfire Cave
- Bottle World -> Kuldar Catacombs - (suggestion) Crypts of Kuldar
- Castle Greyhawk - what is it ?
- Isles of Dread -> Blood Temple - (suggestion) Altar of the Blood God (there is another Blood dungeon)
- Isles of Dread -> Godly Mines & Godly Caves - (suggestion) Cimmeran Mines
- Isles of Dread -> Dungeons -> Blood Dungeon - (suggestion) Blood Temple
- Lodoria -> Dungeons -> Despise -> Level 3 - (error) teleport to black tile
- Lodoria -> Dungeons -> Hythloth -> Level 2 - (error) teleport out-of-line from entrance
- Lodoria -> Dungeons -> Wrong -> Level 3 - (error) teleport to black tile
- Lodoria -> Other Ares -> Lost Elven Mines - (suggestion) Ancient Elven Mine
- Lodoria -> Other Ares -> Tower of Stoneguard - (suggestion) maybe Tower of Arcadion ?
- Savaged Empire -> Dungeons -> Lich Isle -> Level 1 - (suggestion) Catacombs of Azerok
- Savaged Empire -> Dungeons -> Sakleth Area - (suggestion) Sakkhra ?
- Savaged Empire -> Dungeons -> Twisted pass - (suggestion) Corrupt pass
- Savaged Empire -> Dungeons -> Undersea Castle - (suggestion) partially is Storm Giant Isle & Lair (first level)
- Savaged Empire -> Other Areas -> Desert Mansion - (suggestion) Mage Mansion
- Savaged Empire -> Other Areas -> Maze & Maze Portal - (suggestion) Hedge Maze
- Savaged Empire -> Other Areas -> Vivern Isle & Penisula - (suggestion) there are sea drakes spawn ?

Tome of Frankenstein :
- Use a surgeon knife on giants/ogres/titans give the same piece of corpse several times endlessly (2+ heads, right legs, etc - except the single brain - it became a gold farm)
- It does not inform that you need a sewing tool to sew the corpse's pieces together (currently uses one sewing kit per piece)

Decorative objects that cannot be identified with Item ID skill to find out their selling value (they don't give a message about the value and who can buy them - blank string) :

- ornamental suit of armor
- ornamental shield, triangular shield type (wall)
- decorative weapons (swords, axes, daggers, lances, scythes, shields)
ORNAMENTS.png
(I have tested on paintings, statues, carpets, vases, musical instruments and so far I have only found these with errors)

Tribute's Items :
- Savaged Empire Dungeon Catacombs of Azerok (785 3280 0 SavagedEmpire) - Skull of Azerok - has the same graphics as the skulls commonly looted from undead bodies - maybe it would be better to change graphics to recognize it more easily as Tribute's special item ?
- Sosaria Dungeon Forgotten Halls level 9 - Shadow Lich don't drop the Urn of Ulmarek's Ashes

Various issues / suggestions :
- Basaments are invisible to other PC except to those who bought them ? I don't understand how they work in that sense
- Unidentified magical scrolls - currently they are just magical scrolls of Magery & Necromancy, on the "old" Odyssey they became also treasure maps, parchments, notes ... can I suggest to give more variety to these types of scrolls ? Like unidentified bottles can be potions, special potions, oils ...
- Magery spell Magic Untrap - tell that "summon a magic wand" instead of an orb for trap removal
- Into Pixie Cave (Savaged Empire -> Other Areas) there is always an elder brown bear ostile that attack the neutral ork druids (killing them)
- Tome of dragon king relics - don't have an owner string (like other tomes of relics I've found)
- I've found three ways into Isle of Dread's Mausoleum but I can't find a way to reach Mezlo ? Maybe I haven't found the right way ?

Thanks for your efforts :)

... and for CaptMyron's hint request, if I may I suggest you find and read the book "Gem of Immortality" to get more clues on how to defeat those pesky Shadowlords :)

CaptMyron

Citizen
I know I've asked this in past but got a new MacBook Air for Christmas and before I try to install Bootcamp on a computer that ONLY has USB-C ports LOL, is there a (relatively) simple way to get Odyssey up and running in OSX?

Djeryv

Squire
- I've found three ways into Isle of Dread's Mausoleum but I can't find a way to reach Mezlo ? Maybe I haven't found the right way ?
The Mausoleum is on Umber Veil.
- Basaments are invisible to other PC except to those who bought them ? I don't understand how they work in that sense
I can't reproduce this. They are either visible or they are not. If the system is enabled they are visible and if the system is disabled they are invisible except to GMs.
- Unidentified magical scrolls - currently they are just magical scrolls of Magery & Necromancy, on the "old" Odyssey they became also treasure maps, parchments, notes ... can I suggest to give more variety to these types of scrolls ? Like unidentified bottles can be potions, special potions, oils ...
Nope. These are intended to be magic scrolls only.
Tome of Frankenstein :
- Use a surgeon knife on giants/ogres/titans give the same piece of corpse several times endlessly (2+ heads, right legs, etc - except the single brain - it became a gold farm)
- It does not inform that you need a sewing tool to sew the corpse's pieces together (currently uses one sewing kit per piece)
Found the bug for the first one, but the second one...it tells you that you are missing a sewing kit when you try and stitch them together (if you don't have one in your pack). It does use a whole sewing kit for each body part assembled, and that is intended.

Last edited:

Kurgan83

Citizen
The Mausoleum is on Umber Veil.
Sorry, you are right. I've found the main entrance by the est side of the mountain, the secret entrance by the magic guild and the teleporter from dungeon Wrong, but none of these lead me directly to Mezlo. I looked for clues in books found in my adventures or in certain places (like dungeon Clues), I also thought about some secret walls or other teleporters but I didn't find any, that's why I wanted to ask you for confirmation if there is a fourth way that I haven't found yet :)

I can't reproduce this. They are either visible or they are not. If the system is enabled they are visible and if the system is disabled they are invisible except to GMs.
That's it for me, only mine GM can see the basament's hatches, with the normal characters I don't see them anywhere, not even the public ones in the shops. So I have to find the option to enable its display.

Found the bug for the first one, but the second one...it tells you that you are missing a sewing kit when you try and stitch them together (if you don't have one in your pack). It does use a whole sewing kit for each body part assembled, and that is intended.
Ok now I understand, I'm glad you found the bug in the first case, thank you :)

Djeryv

Squire
Sorry, you are right. I've found the main entrance by the est side of the mountain, the secret entrance by the magic guild and the teleporter from dungeon Wrong, but none of these lead me directly to Mezlo. I looked for clues in books found in my adventures or in certain places (like dungeon Clues), I also thought about some secret walls or other teleporters but I didn't find any, that's why I wanted to ask you for confirmation if there is a fourth way that I haven't found yet :)
There literally is no secret way to get to Mezlo. He is right in the Mausoleum. I just checked again and walked through the hallways, through some doors, and right up to him. No secret way. No easter eggs. Just go up to him and kill him.
That's it for me, only mine GM can see the basament's hatches, with the normal characters I don't see them anywhere, not even the public ones in the shops. So I have to find the option to enable its display.
settings.xml

Basements are really meant for multiplayer environments and offer little else for single player games.

Last edited:

Kurgan83

Citizen
There literally is no secret way to get to Mezlo. He is right in the Mausoleum. I just checked again and walked through the hallways, through some doors, and right up to him. No secret way. No easter eggs. Just go up to him and kill him.
Sorry if I ask, I want to show you an image showing two walls in my dungeon that prevent me from reaching it.
mezlo.jpg

The guy into the red circle is Mezlo, the two red lines show two walls that block access to its area. The other entrances I found are outside its area. Am I missing a door o two in mine dungeon build?
I always start [buildworld before every update, maybe it's an old mistake that I've been carrying around for some time...

CaptMyron

Citizen
Further to Kurgan's issue with basement doors, I did some exploring and found the following (I can no longer see them as well):
1) If I log in as the GM, I can see them; and
2) Basement doors are set to 'true' in my settings.xml file

Both of the friends I play with (and myself as a player character) could previously see the basement doors (including the one in the house built by one of my friends). Unfortunately, D, I didn't note what day it was when I could no longer see the doors. I can make them re-appear by manually running around as the GM and turning them on.

Going to try restarting the server and then logging on as the gm and running the [buildworld command.

Kurgan83

Citizen
About the Basements, also in my settings.xml file their value was "true" but I couldn't see them except with GM.
So I directly modified the Settings.cs file and now I can see them everywhere even with normal characters.

Djeryv

Squire
Sorry if I ask, I want to show you an image showing two walls in my dungeon that prevent me from reaching it.
Ok...now I get it. I thought you couldn't even find him like he didn't exist in game. I will do a map patch later today for this...which means the client will need to be downloaded.
About the Basements, also in my settings.xml file their value was "true" but I couldn't see them except with GM.
So I directly modified the Settings.cs file and now I can see them everywhere even with normal characters.
I found the issue. The settings.xml was being "Initialized" when it needed to be "Configured" instead so it can run before the world loads.

I have addressed all of the issues noted here from Monday onward...which should cover everything reported. I need a better Internet connection later to upload everything.

Kurgan83

Citizen
Thank you very much Djeryv, may I ask you how did you manage to reach it simply by going through the doors?
Just to figure out if it's an error in my client - I'm curious about.

And by the way, happy new year to everyone :)

Djeryv

Squire
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated today:

- Fixed basement doors when enabled to be visible after reboots.
- Fixed so [go menu issues for GM accounts to use.
- Fixed giant body parts for forensic exploit.
- Fixed decorative armor and weapons so you can identify them for prices.
- Made the Skull of Azerok to look more unique so it is easier to sea.
- Fixed a map issue in the Mausoleum that stopped one from traversing the whole dungeon.
- The Urn of Ulmarek's Ashes will not drop as intended.
- Unidentified scrolls may now be maps or notes instead of just spells.
- The bear in the pixie cave has been fixed to not be hostile.
- Tome of Dragon Relics will now have the name of the adventurer attached.

Kurgan83

Citizen
Thank you for the update, I have tested and everything seems to work, apart from the corpse carving of the frankenstein book - every monster give an unlimited number of parts as before (tried with Cyclops today with 78% Foresinc). Now I'm trying with others creatures listed into the book (I add that the parts can be obtained even without having the book in the backpack).
Can I suggest that each monster's corpse give at most one piece from a single body (apart the brain) to solve this problem?

Kurgan83

Citizen
I am experimenting the way of the Holy Man, the prayer journey through the Priest's Shrines did not give me any problems, but I will give you some feedback about spells :
- Enchant -> give 2 slayer's properties bonus to weapon and +50% bonus damage increase as for spell's description, but when the spell ends the 2 slayer's properties remain persistent (even after restarting the server) +50% bonus damage increase instead vanish as intended
- Hammer of Faith -> the hammer item seems to have infinite time duration (even after restarting the server it's still in my backpack)

birdinforest

Citizen
I know I've asked this in past but got a new MacBook Air for Christmas and before I try to install Bootcamp on a computer that ONLY has USB-C ports LOL, is there a (relatively) simple way to get Odyssey up and running in OSX?
Yes you can run UO on Mac, by using this open source client implementation:

Here is a instruction to connect to OutLands: