Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Oh, that explains why none of my night sight items seem to work. Where would I fix the light level? It is too dark for me to see in the buildings or around town. (I have not even found a dungeon yet ha ha)
Don't bother. Go into the ClassicUO settings (on the paperdoll gump) and use the light level slider in the VIDEO section.

Reactions: Tukaram

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Djeryv updated Ultima Odyssey with a new update entry:

Update: July 8, 2020

Both client and server were updated. Client was updated because the Savaged Empire map needed some fixing.

Put light levels back to EA-normal for night sight items. Players can control light levels in the client anyway.

Fixed areas where guards in towers were able to ride horses.

Tamed creatures that run fast to keep up with tamers now have speed reduced when released.

A trap situation now checks skill up to 125 instead of previously 100.

Once a character gets an Exodus core, they will...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Gadget2013

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
This update is only after the previous update on July 8th, but I am going to do it anyway because I found annoyances with the look of partial hued metal chests that I just can't get over so I changed them back to full hue. I also had to fix an issue with guards on horses and their light source appearing as a window light source. There was also some magic sparkle graphics that needed to be fixed for a long time.

The recent chats about night sight issues got me thinking a bit about the function. Long ago (in original UO), skills like taste id would be needed to tell what a potion was or whether a loaf of bread was poisoned. After some time, the skill became useless as the reasons it was used was removed from the game system. Potions no longer needed to be identified and nobody would take a random loaf of bread from somebody. Night sight had its place, but client assistants like Razor make it a moot point in terms of game mechanics. Simply clicking a check box would make the entire dungeon light up as bright as can be. This not only made night site items pointless, but also the potion and spell that went along with it.

In an attempt to salvage the night sight property, I decided to have it provide a separate 5% bonus check to find things like traps, hidden treasure, or secret doors. It will do this additional 5% check if a Detect Hidden skill check fails. One needs to use the detect hidden skill in order to take advantage of this bonus check, or walk over a potential spot for hidden treasure...so I updated the gump window (describing what skills do) to talk about the night sight property in the detect hidden skill description. It mentions the 2 potions and 2 spells that give night sight ability for further clarification.

In my personal game, I use the light levels "as is" as I enjoy the look of the world with the ambient light. I like the dark dungeons and how the villages light up with lamp posts...along with the fires as adventurers huddle around them to chat about recent adventures. Most players, however, will probably disable the light system so this change at least provides a mechanical use for night sight beyond the light level around you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gadget2013

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
Just a thought, I wonder if it would be a good edit to change nightsight completely, have it call a light source and equip it, ie like the torch and use it on the player, instead of the global light level change, if changed at the source, Razor would not be able to with a press of a button cause global light!

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Just a thought, I wonder if it would be a good edit to change nightsight completely, have it call a light source and equip it, ie like the torch and use it on the player, instead of the global light level change, if changed at the source, Razor would not be able to with a press of a button cause global light!
That ClassicUO client overrides all of that stuff as it is baked right into the client. You don't even need Razor anymore to do it.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Found a thing. One of my players was asking about the various damage bonuses. When I was checking out BaseWeapon.cs, line 2337 references armslore for the ninja bonus.

Second thing. Can someone confirm if we've been abusing the Codex by taking an additional 100 skill in a skill we have 100-120 in already. Going to test this over the weekend, but I think I can get over 100% chance to block with parry/bushido. With Hiding, the sneak attack bonuses are off the charts. I guess I'm asking if a player should be blocked from learning a skill from the Codex, if they already have X amount of real skill for that skill.

Edit: Or maybe the player receives the greater of their natural skill vs. Codex
one of my players was doing 250+ per hit with sneak attack, running away, hiding and stealthing back for another 250 hp hit... seemed a bit too overpowered. this is what we fixed it to in baseweapon to fix the sneak overdamage.

C#:
            double sneakBonus = 0.0;
            if( attacker is PlayerMobile )
            {
                PlayerMobile pm = (PlayerMobile)attacker;

if ( pm.ToTItemsTurnedIn > 0 )
                {
                    double sneakAttack = attacker.Skills[SkillName.Hiding].Value;

if ( pm.ToTItemsTurnedIn > 1 )
                    {
                        sneakAttack = sneakAttack + attacker.Skills[SkillName.Stealth].Value;
                    }

double bonusrange = Utility.RandomDouble();
                    if (bonusrange < 0.50)
                        bonusrange += 0.40;
                    if (bonusrange > 0.90)
                        bonusrange -= 0.10;

sneakBonus = ( (0.02 * sneakAttack) / 1.50) * bonusrange;
                    int tellBonus = (int)(sneakBonus * 100);
                    attacker.SendMessage( "You perform a sneak attack for " + tellBonus + "% more damage!" );
                    pm.ToTItemsTurnedIn = 0;
                }

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did an update just now for the server package that addresses both of these...

JesusMcCoy said:
Can someone confirm if we've been abusing the Codex by taking an additional 100 skill in a skill we have 100-120 in already. Going to test this over the weekend, but I think I can get over 100% chance to block with parry/bushido. With Hiding, the sneak attack bonuses are off the charts. I guess I'm asking if a player should be blocked from learning a skill from the Codex, if they already have X amount of real skill for that skill.
I just capped the skill values at 125 to solve this. There are too many skill uses in the scripts where I don't want to just fix bushido or parrying and have other skills game breaking by an over value of 125+. so capping the entire thing at 125 should keep the game in a well off state. So if you use a power scroll in swords you can have up to 125. If you have 120 swords and a ring of +10 swords you will have a 125 swords. If you used a powerscroll and have a natural 125 swords and a ring that gives you +5 swords, you will have a 125 swords. If you have a 100 swords and a codex of +100 swords you will have a 125 swords.

one of my players was doing 250+ per hit with sneak attack, running away, hiding and stealthing back for another 250 hp hit... seemed a bit too overpowered. this is what we fixed it to in baseweapon to fix the sneak overdamage.
Looks good. I'll take it.

Reactions: Finaltwist

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
I did an update just now for the server package that addresses both of these...

I just capped the skill values at 125 to solve this. There are too many skill uses in the scripts where I don't want to just fix bushido or parrying and have other skills game breaking by an over value of 125+. so capping the entire thing at 125 should keep the game in a well off state. So if you use a power scroll in swords you can have up to 125. If you have 120 swords and a ring of +10 swords you will have a 125 swords. If you used a powerscroll and have a natural 125 swords and a ring that gives you +5 swords, you will have a 125 swords. If you have a 100 swords and a codex of +100 swords you will have a 125 swords.

Looks good. I'll take it.
Hi Djeryv, what file did you edit to cap the skills at 125? Playermobile?
I admit I haven't looked into your new folder system but id love to have this applied as well, could you indicate what was changed?

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
thank Djeryv, i think that's a great change.
Post automatically merged:

also, if you find any fixes/tweaks in the adventures fork that you'd like to port let me know i'm glad to point to the change for you. We did many balance tweaks like the stealth change above - for example:

added barding skills to evil bards (they can provo your own tames against you, and discord you)
changed bod timer to a few seconds, so now people can get as many bods as they want
ability to recall out of a dungeon but not into a dungeonregion
increased how long tamables followed you (the range) so players don't need to go back and get a tame that fell behind
while using [afk players don't lose hunger/thirst
henchmen monsters spawned wizardstaffs which they couldn't wear so they dropped to the ground

etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrecMadak

skewskewskew

Citizen
Apr 1, 2019
Big fan!

Any chance you're using Github or similar to control your changes? Would be easier for me to keep my server up to date if I could just pull new changes.

BrecMadak

Citizen
Jul 19, 2020
I will get my hands on this as early as it is possible. Thanks for the hard work and dedication you put out Djeryv, it already looks like a rock-solid package!

Hey Finaltwist, some smart changes you guys keep tweaking as I noticed. Could you share it here as you guys make changes if you won't mind? It should increase the overall immersion to higher levels definitely.

Also, is it possible for other players to join on your server?

Cheers.

thank Djeryv, i think that's a great change.

also, if you find any fixes/tweaks in the adventures fork that you'd like to port let me know i'm glad to point to the change for you. We did many balance tweaks like the stealth change above - for example:

added barding skills to evil bards (they can provo your own tames against you, and discord you)
changed bod timer to a few seconds, so now people can get as many bods as they want
ability to recall out of a dungeon but not into a dungeonregion
increased how long tamables followed you (the range) so players don't need to go back and get a tame that fell behind
while using [afk players don't lose hunger/thirst
henchmen monsters spawned wizardstaffs which they couldn't wear so they dropped to the ground

etc.

Reactions: Finaltwist

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
I will get my hands on this as early as it is possible. Thanks for the hard work and dedication you put out Djeryv, it already looks like a rock-solid package!

Hey Finaltwist, some smart changes you guys keep tweaking as I noticed. Could you share it here as you guys make changes if you won't mind? It should increase the overall immersion to higher levels definitely.

Also, is it possible for other players to join on your server?

Cheers.
I used to post all our changes in this thread, but moved to ultima adventures thread not to take over this resource.
I'll message you privately.

btw Djeryv, theres a null exception crash with the serpent pillars. the method requires a boolean but the serpentpillars.cs script doesn't send one

1595172043359.png

1595172068450.png

Ooops thats meant to be get keys. ill investigate the crash then since that's not the issue

1595173507263.png
references both

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Updated both client and server...

Added more clothing
Added more platemail arm appearances
Added barbaric sashes for scant appearances
Added barbaric boots
Added dwarven forges
Changed appearance of most runic tools
Added new holiday trees
Small chances that holiday and halloween deco is for sale on priests, holy mages, witches, and necromancers during the entire year
- They are still readily available during October and December
Added more pumpkin and jack-o-lantern types to vendors and cooking skills that carve them
Added bar cabinets for storage
- Can also be crafted by carpenters
More shrines added to villages to aid in karma locks and gold tithing
Random abandoned wagons may appear in the land
Option in the HELP > SETTINGS section to set a custom title for your character if they don't want to use the auto-in-game ones
- Must be enabled by the admin as this is optional for help with multiplayer environments with players with no sense of fantasy name style
- If you think your players will abuse it, you can disable the system entirely to use the standard titles only

1595193540178.png

Reactions: BrecMadak

ubentobox

Citizen
Aug 6, 2015
Hey Djeryv,

I started a fresh instance and enabled the newmounts, but noticed that grizzly bear still turns into a polar bear when mounted.

A second issue occurred as I was trying to create a dishing stump requiring 1 tile proximity that closes the gump onmovement, as the stump is used outside the backpack. I believe I found code that is either not working or may have been changed elsewhere.

I tried copying this method from PublicMoongates to close the DefAlchemy CraftGump based on if a player moves, but after having issues getting the script to close the gump upon movement, I went and looked at the moongates themselves and saw that they also were not closing as expected. Is there a reason behind this or am I missing something?

PublicMoongates.cs Lines 49-56:
        public override void OnMovement( Mobile m, Point3D oldLocation )
        {
            if ( m is PlayerMobile )
            {
                if ( !Utility.InRange( m.Location, this.Location, 1 ) && Utility.InRange( oldLocation, this.Location, 1 ) )
                    m.CloseGump( typeof( MoongateGump ) );
            }
        }
I tried multiple methods (likely many WRONG XD) but this is what I have currently, as UOOdyssey is an older heavily modified server, I am wondering if I am just colliding with something changed in the core.

DishingStump.cs:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Engines.Craft;

namespace Server.Items
{
   [FlipableAttribute( 0x1865, 0x1866 )]
   public class DishingStump : BaseTool
   {
      PlayerMobile PM { get; set; }
      Point3D PMLocation { get; set; }
      public override CraftSystem CraftSystem{ get{ return DefAlchemy.CraftSystem; } }
      public override void OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
      {
         PM = from as PlayerMobile;
         PMLocation = PM.Location;
         if ((from.InRange(this, 1) && from.CanSee(this)) || Parent == from)
         {

CraftSystem system = CraftSystem;

int num = system.CanCraft(from, this, null);

{
               CraftContext context = system.GetContext(from);

from.SendGump(new CraftGump(from, system, this, null));
            }
         }
         else
         {
            from.SendMessage("This must be in your pack or 1 tile away for you to use it.");
         }
      }
      /*public override void OnMovement ( Mobile from, Point3D oldLocation )
      {
         if (!(from.InRange(this, 1) || Parent == from)
         {
            from.CloseGump( typeof(CraftGump));
         }
      }*/
      public override void OnMovement( Mobile m, Point3D oldLocation )
      {
         if (PM != null)
         {
               if (m == PM && PM.Location != PMLocation)
                     PM.CloseGump(typeof(CraftGump));
         }

}*/

/*public override void OnMovement( Mobile m, Point3D oldLocation )
      {
         if ( m is PlayerMobile )
         {
            if ( !Utility.InRange( m.Location, this.Location, 1 ) && Utility.InRange( oldLocation, this.Location, 1 ) )
               m.CloseGump( typeof( MoongateGump ) );
         }
      }*/

[Constructable]
      public DishingStump() : base( 0x1865 )
      {
         Name = "Dishing Stump";
         Weight = 10.0;
      }

public DishingStump( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
      {
      }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
      {
         base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
      }

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
      {
         base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
      }
   }
}

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I noticed that too and I fixed the script below. So overwrite yours and then run the [buildworld command to fix the bear.

The reason this occurs is that existing mounts already were set with a body value...but any new bears would be fine and use the proper body type. So the [buildworld command will search for mounts and change their body values according to your mount type settings.

Attachments

ubentobox

Citizen
Aug 6, 2015
I noticed that too and I fixed the script below. So overwrite yours and then run the [buildworld command to fix the bear.

The reason this occurs is that existing mounts already were set with a body value...but any new bears would be fine and use the proper body type. So the [buildworld command will search for mounts and change their body values according to your mount type settings.
My bear thanks you, it was suffering an identity crisis ;)

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I got sick of those ribbons/flags on the weapon ability bar so I redid it today to be a bit more traditional...where the button turns red when you select it. I have the X at the bottom to close the gump and the top black box to click on and drag it around (because you need a non-button image in order to select and move it). You still get the icon-color styles for Syth, Jedi, and Jester weapon ability bars.

1595450231642.png