Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Small update...as I think I fixed the henchman and such attacking other henchman (in the same group) and the player. Time and playing will tell but it has been promising.

psiiijay

Citizen
Jul 26, 2020
Amazing. 5/5 ut I have a few Q:
1. Why no spellweaving?
2. I love the jail system but I wanna turn the guards to humans that don't have one shot kill so could fight the guards and if they atcually win I go to jail. Prob is I can't find why whenever they hit me I get about 10000 dmg..
I checked the townguards script. set all of their stats wayyy down and max dmg is about 70 but still they one shot kill everything..
Do you know what lines or command control that? again - really amazing work.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated

Fixed a glitch with teleport traps while in Skara Brae
Added tavern tables for sale by bar and tavern keepers
Place in your home to have chatting adventurers
Increased spell visuals for monsters
Fixed some vendor spawn locations that were too close together
Tweaked some monster bard effects
Tweaked elemental forges to have a specific color instead of random
Added some citizen chatter
A bunch of smaller fixes and tweaks

I think the newly available tavern tables are the biggest part of this update, so here is a visual rundown on them...

1596812299060.png

1596812307273.png

1596812315107.png

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did a small update today and just incorporated into yesterday's update. It is only a server side update so if you did yesterday's server and client update then you need only get the server package. I was fiddling around today with the various "Odyssey" and "ClassicUO" options for container sizes and such, and noticed issues when using them. So I did some core updates to the source and a bunch of testing of various options to make sure that the containers were behaving.

Before I changed things this morning, I noticed that corpses would stack things in the bottom right corner of the gump. Then I noticed that "Odyssey's" large container option was working fine but "ClassicUO's" container scaling options were not. I then realized that there are a few containers that call upon Container.cs (from source) directly instead of BaseContainer. That is why I moved much of the gump/size/location code to the core. Now corpse containers seem to be behaving and some other containers like the trash barrel are dropping items in random spots on the gump as they should...instead of the lower right.

Reactions: Veryance

Veryance

Citizen
Aug 2, 2020
This mod is incredible. I have been playing on my own shard as a single player for many years now. Well just me and some easyuo bots.

I came across this mod last week and it's brought back a nice sense of wonder!

Well done Djeryv thank you.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
There is a user manual in the download package. Read it over and then come back if you have additional questions.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated

Some container fixes for switching between the various size options between the game settings and ClassicUO
Some spell visuals for monsters have been tweaked
There is now a way to ride regular dragons
Some of the new shirts added had their layers fixed
Wooden armor has a more rustic look than plate armor
Lumberjacking no longer spams you messages about axes being worn
Crafters now make 2 shafts or kindling per log
Kindling weighs less
You can now pickup ammo by walking over it
Magic speed will no longer nullify in public regions
A new log mansion/castle added to the house list
Fixed a glitch with looting own corpse (gathering belongings) placing items in the wrong spot in the backpack
Fixed some robes to match the hues of the animations to the gumps

1597143031304.png

1597143057361.png

1597143073908.png

ubentobox

Citizen
Aug 6, 2015
Hey Djeryv,

I was having troubles on my server finding Syth/Jedi items, so I went and downloaded this latest one and started it fresh, but I am unable to create/add anything like SythSpellbook or JediSpellbook. Searching [add only shows Jedi/SythHolocron01-10 and the NPC itself, that's it. Clothing, books, weapons, items, etc, do not appear to be compiling, but I am not seeing errors as such. When I spawn the NPC I can kill them to recover items that are "base<item>" and named Syth. If this extends to the books and such, how would I spawn a SythBook so I can work out the mechanics?

I'm just trying to get an understanding of how it is supposed to work for the group of players/friends that are connecting can play and I know how it works etc.

Thanks

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
These are elements of the game one must discover, as they are not character options from the start. There is also priests and death knights which are something that must be found. You can't just make one of these characters at the character select screen.

You can't add these items as a GM, except for the ones you noted. They are all generated during gameplay events, so you are not going to find them with an [add command.

doswls1

Citizen
Oct 3, 2019
how can i run this game with UOsteam i wanna use macros
and swinging sword when riding horse look little akward

ubentobox

Citizen
Aug 6, 2015
These are elements of the game one must discover, as they are not character options from the start. There is also priests and death knights which are something that must be found. You can't just make one of these characters at the character select screen.

You can't add these items as a GM, except for the ones you noted. They are all generated during gameplay events, so you are not going to find them with an [add command.
Works for me! Cheers :)

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
You don't in classic Odyssey. You either make a normal, barbaric, fugitive, or alien character. If you want more stats you will need to become the Titan of Ether in homage to Ultima VIII. If you do not like the gritty difficulty of this version, you should play this version instead...

It is a community fork where some of the classic restrictions have been removed.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
I wouldn't call that version easier - Red PKs roam the lands, we've greatly enhanced monster HP, added evil/good mechanics and added new monster AI algorythms. But you do have freedom to do whatever you want skill wise to tackle the challenges!

but yes, they are two different games with different "feels"

Carajote

Citizen
Aug 24, 2020
i just only want to say you made a awesome work. but i fell game need more than 10 skills. since you are alone on word. i passed the frist 5 hours killing animals near britania cos money (hope you give us not too much money cos you wana us to grind) that fine. but im not going to make another char to ming etc. i hope you should have only 1 char

btw there is interesting pets or evos? cos i like it alot

another question. how we update the game? donloading again the client? or there is a specific link for it?

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
It was on ServUO a few years ago...so I grabbed it. In fact I think I recall you posting it. Whoever posted it had an animated GIF in the posting so I saw what it looked like before I downloaded it. I see it isn't on here anymore so either someone else posted it and yanked it...or you posted it and then had an "oh shit" moment because maybe you didn't want to and tried to pull it before anyone got it. But feel free to visit the pegasus in Ultima Odyssey.

Last edited:

Vert-I-Go

Rookie
May 17, 2016
North Woods of Wisconsin
It was on ServUO a few years ago...so I grabbed it. In fact I think I recall you posting it. Whoever posted it had an animated GIF in the posting so I saw what it looked like before I downloaded it. I see it isn't on here anymore so either someone else posted it and yanked it...or you posted it and then had an "oh shit" moment because maybe you didn't want to and tried to pull it before anyone got it. But feel free to visit the pegasus in Ultima Odyssey.
lol i dont care if people use it just wasnt that happy with the outcome of it when i did it lol but your missing alot of the animation blocks to it. it was created way back in the day and i used it as a mount had all the animation for it lol but lost it over the years lol

was a mixture of the horse and hapry wings to create it lol was one of my FIRST atempts at doing a custom animation lol