Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
In Odyssey, it is just a creature in the game. There is a pegasus, and an evil version called a placeron which comes from the Wizard's World role playing game from way back when. They are not ride-able.

submarine408

Citizen
Oct 21, 2019
Hey Djeryv,

I downloaded the latest version a few days ago and have been happily enjoying. I am checking out Poseidon's Lair. I've had many crashes in this area, it seems about half the time I try to open a chest w/ random loot the game will crash. Might be worth making a note of to check later.

Thanks man!

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I am checking out Poseidon's Lair. I've had many crashes in this area, it seems about half the time I try to open a chest w/ random loot the game will crash. Might be worth making a note of to check later.
You should note the types of "chests" (urns, stone chest, metal chests). Does the game crash or the server? Does the client or server generate a crash log?
Post automatically merged:

Found the issue. I will push a fix soon.

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated. One fix is a crash bug so a player should consider updating.

Fixed more clothing gumps/items to match the animation color
Fixed the sylvan bows to have an animation of more sturdy bows
Fixed the quivers to have a really small gump since only one ammo can go into it
--There is a new containers.txt in the "Game\Data\Client" that you need to replace in your directory
Fixed a few citizen spawns
Fixed a crash bug when generating random treasure in containers
Added two new small log cabins for purchase
Warrior guild members can now buy (ethereal) warhorses similar to paladins and necromancers
--Looks like the horse that guards ride
Larger patch included that adds more atmosphere to towns
--Random adventurers may be mining, lumberjacking, or fishing
--Random adventurers may be smithing, smelting, brewing, or cutting logs
--Random adventurers may be fighting each other, dummies, or archery buttes
--Random adventurers may be casting random spells

1599577816594.png

1599577809068.png

submarine408

Citizen
Oct 21, 2019
Thanks Djeryv for looking into it!

Just got everything updated, and will be going back to Poseidon's Lair soon. Seemed there was good loot there ;)

I'll try to be more thorough w/ future bug reports.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Just got everything updated, and will be going back to Poseidon's Lair soon. Seemed there was good loot there ;)
Let me know how it goes. I crashed right away when I ran in there and looked at the crash log. Then when I did a core update to fix it, log back in, and run to that dungeon...I could open a bunch of boxes without issues.

submarine408

Citizen
Oct 21, 2019
Thanks man,

I haven't crashed at all opening any chests since the update. I did have one crash when fighting the lich of the deep in one of the lower levels. The crash showed a yellow system message saying "The server has crashed," and then the game just freezes. I have to manually shut down the Odyssey process, which isn't typical of other times that I've had a crash (which isn't often).

I am having trouble dry-docking my first ship. It's a small normal ship, purchased from a shipwright. I've tried dry-docking at Grey and Poseidon's Island. Nothing in the hold, nothing on deck.

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did have one crash when fighting the lich of the deep in one of the lower levels. The crash showed a yellow system message saying "The server has crashed," and then the game just freezes. I have to manually shut down the Odyssey process, which isn't typical of other times that I've had a crash (which isn't often).
Did it make a crashlog in the Odyssey folder?

On a side note...after yesterday's bug you reported...I am going to strip out all of the custom code for containers and put it back to RUNUO standard. I developed that code before ClassicUO introduced its custom container options so I would rather put the container code back to normal and remove it as a possible point of failure. This is just another step in Odyssey's development that just says good bye to the old EA client.
I am having trouble dry-docking my first ship. It's a small normal ship, purchased from a shipwright. I've tried dry-docking at Grey and Poseidon's Island. Nothing in the hold, nothing on deck.
I tried to reproduce this but I cannot as one of my player characters. What happens when you try? Does the tillerman say anything?

submarine408

Citizen
Oct 21, 2019
Did it make a crashlog in the Odyssey folder?

On a side note...after yesterday's bug you reported...I am going to strip out all of the custom code for containers and put it back to RUNUO standard. I developed that code before ClassicUO introduced its custom container options so I would rather put the container code back to normal and remove it as a possible point of failure. This is just another step in Odyssey's development that just says good bye to the old EA client.

I tried to reproduce this but I cannot as one of my player characters. What happens when you try? Does the tillerman say anything?

Hi Djeryv,

Thanks for always being responsive to me. As a matter of fact, yes I do believe I found a crash report for the lich incident.

C#:
Odyssey Crash Report
=======================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 9/8/2020 9:33:10 PM
Mobiles: 60351
Items: 207555
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Server.Mobiles.LichLord' to type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile'.
   at Server.Mobiles.AnimalTrainer.IsBeingFast(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnThink()
   at Server.Mobiles.Revenant.OnThink()
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.AITimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ IP.ADDRESS.REDACTED.xxx: (account = REDACTED) (mobile = 0xD6B9 'Ishmar')

As for the dry docking problem, the tiller man does not say anything. I get a system message saying "You cannot do that because you do not own this ship"

But I did purchase it, and even if I log in with my Dungeon Master character and use the [findboat command, it lists my character as the owner.

1599718028311.png

I hope this helps. Odyssey rules btw!

Quick edit:

I figured out the drydock problem. I guess I didn't have the key in my pack - maybe I lost it to a mob or misplaced it. I spotted the other key in my bank, and decided to see if that could be the issue. Drydock worked with the boat key in my pack.

Last edited:

ubentobox

Citizen
Aug 6, 2015
Hey Djeryv,

Since the latest update, I seem to be encountering an issue with opening the adventurer corpses or wagons that spawn around the world. This is a fresh world and I ran the [buildworld command prior to experiencing this. Every 6 or so of them I will encounter this crash when opened:

Ignore that statement.. I see in the patch as of Tuesday you've addressed this issue!

Carry on good sir!

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I found a crash report for the lich incident.
Hmm...I wasn't aware that monsters could summon creatures. I have some scripted to do a fake summon...but not one that causes a monster to have followers. Anyway, this was a quick fix.
I figured out the drydock problem. I guess I didn't have the key in my pack - maybe I lost it to a mob or misplaced it.
I added a tweak that will check your bank box for a key when dry docking.

I removed all of the custom container code so if players used the Large Container option in Odyssey settings...that will no longer be available. They will either have to part ways with this or use ClassicUO's container gump scaling features. I like ClassicUO's system anyway as it is more customizable and it uses the classic gumps we are used to seeing from the early days. I also just wanted all of that code wiped out so it isn't a topic of discussion for further bugs with containers.

I have to do a few more things before I release an update. It will be another client update because I cleaned out the container gumps I am no longer going to use.

submarine408

Citizen
Oct 21, 2019
Hi Djeryv,

Thanks for taking a look. I never used "Large Container" option, I guess I'll have to see what I was missing out on. I have been using the ClassicUO container scaling. But does this mean that the custom container gumps will be gone and replaced with standard wooden boxes and such?

I very much like the container gumps and sounds used for things like the large chests that drop of special daemons, or the sarcophagus. It adds some immersion, and I've never seen them in any other UO server. If you must part ways with it for stability, I understand.

Also, that lich who was summoning monsters was tough! I thought it was totally intentional, made for some awesome gameplay haha.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
But does this mean that the custom container gumps will be gone and replaced with standard wooden boxes and such?
Containers like stone chests, sarcophagi, coffins, vases, urns, and some metal boxes will have the gumps I made for them...with their associated drop/open sound you are used to. Containers like bags, barrels, wood crates, etc will use UO default gumps if they weren't already. They were only using custom gumps due to client limitations and ClassicUO development at the time.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated

Fixed some graphics for reagents
Added new items to represent crates of reagents
Fixed a crash issue with monsters summoning other monsters
Removed all code and features for large containers
--Players can use ClassicUO's container scaling option instead
Characters can dock boats as long as they have a key in the bank
Fixed a cargo hue color that was missing
Remove Section A from your settings.xml file as it is no longer required
Add Section B toward the end of your settings.xml file, just before </settings>
--Admins can now control if house deeds can be dyed to make standard houses those colors
--Admins can now limit players to the pre-defined homes and disallow custom housing
--These options are meant to ensure your world doesn't look horrible if players have a conflicting theme
--So you can avoid pink houses or custom houses that look terrible in your view of your game world
--Architect dialog adjusts to your settings so they don't say something to players that isn't true
Bone containers now have their own unique gump appearance
Random cooking adventurers have been added to the settlement atmosphere
Cargo of potions have a graphic now of potion bottles in a crate to match the color of the potions
When you pick up wands they will now warn you that you cannot use them if you have a weapon or pugilist gloves on your hands

SECTION A
Code:
// If true, this means that the players only use the ClassicUO client to play Ultima Odyssey and this setting should remain unchanged. The game has options for mounts and containers that work differently between the two types of client.
// This setting is here just in case we need to make the original client available for Ultima Odyssey, which then this would be set to false. Your players all need to use the same type of client, either original or ClassicUO.

<setting>true</setting>

SECTION B
Code:
// If true, this means that the players can dye construction contracts so their pre-designed home is entirely in that same color

<setting>true</setting>

// If true, then players can make use of the custom house system. Otherwise they can only purchase the pre-built classic houses

<setting>true</setting>

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did a small update today so I could add arrows to my quiver when there are already arrows in it...or bolts if bolts are in it...since the quiver can only hold one type of item (meaning you can't put both bolts and arrows in the quiver at the same time, by design). The way it was working you had to take the arrows out to stack them and put them back in. If you updated yesterday, the attached file here is the only thing I changed for this.

Attachments

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello, I would like to thank you for taking over this wonderful project, i've played the "old" Odyssey version, now i'm updating my server and client with your last files.

For the old saves, can i copy the folder "Save" into Server folder ? Or i have to create a new account (and lose my old characters/houses) ?

and...

I did an update just now for the server package that addresses both of these...

I just capped the skill values at 125 to solve this. There are too many skill uses in the scripts where I don't want to just fix bushido or parrying and have other skills game breaking by an over value of 125+. so capping the entire thing at 125 should keep the game in a well off state. So if you use a power scroll in swords you can have up to 125. If you have 120 swords and a ring of +10 swords you will have a 125 swords. If you used a powerscroll and have a natural 125 swords and a ring that gives you +5 swords, you will have a 125 swords. If you have a 100 swords and a codex of +100 swords you will have a 125 swords.
If i want to retain the old system without cap (for use +X% skill's items founded) what can i do?
Or maybe can I set a cap value of 125% + X ?
(sorry i'm not good at scripting)

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my google-translate eng :) )

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I combed through this thread and accidentally forgot a player's feedback on BaseWeapon and arms lore referenced in ninjistu. I updated the server package just now but this is the file I changed to fix it.

For the old saves, can i copy the folder "Save" into Server folder ?
Correct. You don't need to lose anything. If you took too long to update, maybe the server will ask you for additional confirmations but your game will be intact.
If i want to retain the old system without cap (for use +X% skill's items founded) what can i do?
You don't. We found that skills over 125 simply break the game of Ultima Odyssey so they were capped.

Attachments

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Correct. You don't need to lose anything. If you took too long to update, maybe the server will ask you for additional confirmations but your game will be intact.

You don't. We found that skills over 125 simply break the game of Ultima Odyssey so they were capped.
Thank you, so i'll go with 125 cap as suggested, but if I use +skill items its the same as having a natural value into that skill ?
Es. Amethyst armor set give +10 tactis & parry /piece, it can raise +60 tactis & parry with 6 pieces
If i have 65 base tactics & parry +60 Amethyst set = 125 tactis & parry - is the same as having 125 base skill points?

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Amethyst armor set give +10 tactis & parry /piece, it can raise +60 tactis & parry with 6 pieces
If i have 65 base tactics & parry +60 Amethyst set = 125 tactis & parry - is the same as having 125 base skill points?
Correct.
65 Base + 60 Bonus = 125 points for player
55 Base + 60 Bonus = 115 points for player
85 Base + 60 Bonus = 125 points for player
Your skills (enhanced or not) cannot go above 125.

Psin

Citizen
May 11, 2020
@Djeryv , can you still develop/upload the original client (as opposed to ClassicUO)? I prefer the older client so I can continue to use my UO Steam macros. Thank you.