Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

phoenixmog

Citizen
Sep 14, 2020
You can do it all at once in zip file here. I want to be sure what is changed before committing. There were comments about Jedi/Syth stuff not reacting from extra spell damage and I left it out of the equation because those are supposed to be psionic abilities per the lore and not magical in nature.
I had thought about that too. I considered using the weapon damage modifers for them instead of the spell damage but wanted to test it out and see how it felt. Mostly I wanted to get research spells scaling since I've spent so much time doing those quests and found the spells to be much worse than my standard mage spells.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I had thought about that too. I considered using the weapon damage modifers for them instead of the spell damage but wanted to test it out and see how it felt.
I am not against changing that effect on Jedi/Syth stuff. I was just explaining the method behind the madness when those systems were created for the game.

phoenixmog

Citizen
Sep 14, 2020
Got ya. My thought was that it seemed silly to give yourself spell damage modification when only one Syth/Jedi attack spell. After playing with the change for a couple hours it does feel nice to see the damage scale though.

I'll be playing with the research spell changes this morning to see how they feel. I've modified the code for the other custom classes in the same manner but won't be testing them until I can discover how to unlock them during game play. For the most part the modification was simply adding the spell damage scaler function for AOS to all the spell.

damage *= GetDamageScalar( m );

I will post the change to each spellfile as I've done the other modifications after I've finished testing the modification

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello Djeryv,

I would like to notify you of some that in my opinion are inconsistencies or errors in the system :

- Loin clothes (ID 21979) they cannot be used into paperdoll (waist layer) - tried with character naked (human male/female)
(there is another Loin cloth ID 11112 that appears correct into paperdoll)
- Mask of the dead (ID 1029) they use the head layer (as in props) but appears like a strange female bra - tried with character naked (human male/female)
- Prophet Robe (ID 644) they use the OuterTorso layer but appears like Arms (found a NPC in city with this issue)
- Pirate Pants (ID1028) they appears like Bracers (found a NPC in city with this issue)
- Formal Robe (ID 646) they appears like a torso armor (found a NPC in city with this issue)
- Royal Shirt (ID 799) they appears like a ... living dragon under the NPC ! (found a NPC in city with this issue)
- I've found almost every wearable item into magical form, but shirts and pants layers never - it is supposed to be?
- When I found special chests/sacks with Detect Hidden, open those will not cause the automatic loot filter to work (it never take money/gems/etc) - other treasure chests instead are ok with loot filter.
- Shoppe shelf - into info they tell that they can have up to 500.000 gold, but instead the limit appear to be 10.000 (over cannot take more work - you'll have to remove gold).

Keep going with your very good work and thanks! :)

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I cannot reproduce all of the clothing issues you mentioned. Everything is working fine for me. Are you really playing my Odyssey game? Are you using the included ClassicUO client? It almost sounds like you are not using the ClassicUO client. Maybe you updated the client incorrectly? If you think that is maybe the case, then perhaps try updating again.

1601060987073.png

- I've found almost every wearable item into magical form, but shirts and pants layers never - it is supposed to be?
Correct...there are no magic shirts or pants.
- When I found special chests/sacks with Detect Hidden, open those will not cause the automatic loot filter to work (it never take money/gems/etc) - other treasure chests instead are ok with loot filter.
The loot function does not work on anything other than the chests placed in dungeons...and also wagons and bodies found throughout the land. Corpses work as well. Hidden boxes do not fall into this category as those are movable containers you can take with you.
- Shoppe shelf - into info they tell that they can have up to 500.000 gold, but instead the limit appear to be 10.000 (over cannot take more work - you'll have to remove gold).
Found the typo and fixed it. Will upload a fix in a couple days.

Last edited:

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Thank you for the clarifications, i don't understand why my graphics are different, i've downloaded ClassicUO from the link you've provided and it update automatically almost every day (now i'm using version 0.1.5 .32). Maybe there is a fault into automatic updater? There is perhaps a safer (manual) method ?
For the graphics, what do you use for editing? UOFiddler? Version?

As soon as you update the client with the Shoppe fix, I'll try those items, hope to resolve mine issue. (I'm sorry that I wasted your time with those check :( )
Post automatically merged:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Thank you for the clarifications, i don't understand why my graphics are different, i've downloaded ClassicUO from the link you've provided and it update automatically almost every day (now i'm using version 0.1.5 .32). Maybe there is a fault into automatic updater? There is perhaps a safer (manual) method ?
For the graphics, what do you use for editing? UOFiddler? Version?

As soon as you update the client with the Shoppe fix, I'll try those items, hope to resolve mine issue. (I'm sorry that I wasted your time with those check :( )
Post automatically merged:
I am on the same version in those screenshots you are seeing, so I am not sure what your issue is. Maybe download Game.7z again and start over.

No worries about me checking things out that you listed. I would rather find nothing wrong than something...and you did point to a real bug with the shoppes.

phoenixmog

Citizen
Sep 14, 2020
Was it intended that jedi lose a lot of karma on ever force use? It looks like Syth also loose karma per cast, but they require negative karma to operate.

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
@Kurgan83 the automatic updater only updates ClassicUO, maybe you use old client files. So try to replace those with the current ones

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Was it intended that jedi lose a lot of karma on ever force use? It looks like Syth also loose karma per cast, but they require negative karma to operate.
Nah...I actually don't want any Karma adjustment for Jedi stuff. Another person made that system and I guess I didn't scrutinize it enough. I can get it fixed. The Syth lose Karma for the same lore reasons that Necromancy and Poisoning cause Karma loss...so that is fine the way it is.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I don't know why in the hell I make new things. I think cuz that mongbat dartboard seems worn...

daemon.gif

...also...
Since I have been pondering this for months, and you brought it up, I said "screw it" and will be adding the possibility of magic clothing in loot.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenixmog

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Hey Djeryv,

Just letting you know that currently horse armor has a 1:13 chance of being spawned in the first 13 types of metal on generation. I felt this needed a bit of tweaking to make the rarer metals rarer, so i changed to this in horsearmor.cs

C#:
        public HorseArmor() : base( 0x040A )
        {
            Weight = 25.0;
            Name = "horse barding";
            Hue = MaterialInfo.GetMaterialColor( "silver", "classic", 0 );

int chance = 0;
            double chancetest = Utility.RandomDouble();

if (chancetest < 0.50 )
                chance = 3;
            else if (chancetest < 0.70)
                chance = 6;
            else if (chancetest < 0.85)
                chance = 8;
            else if (chancetest < 0.95)
                chance = 10;
            else if (chancetest >= 0.95)
                chance = 13;

switch ( chance )
            {
                case 0: ArmorMaterial = "Dull Copper"; break;
                case 1: ArmorMaterial = "Shadow Iron"; break;
                case 2: ArmorMaterial = "Copper"; break;
                case 3: ArmorMaterial = "Bronze"; break;
                case 4: ArmorMaterial = "Gold"; break;
                case 5: ArmorMaterial = "Agapite"; break;
                case 6: ArmorMaterial = "Verite"; break;
                case 7: ArmorMaterial = "Valorite"; break;
                case 8: ArmorMaterial = "Nepturite"; break;
                case 9: ArmorMaterial = "Obsidian"; break;
                case 10: ArmorMaterial = "Steel"; break;
                case 11: ArmorMaterial = "Brass"; break;
                case 12: ArmorMaterial = "Mithril"; break;   
            }
Makes it harder to get a rare metal on spawn.

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
Because it will always get set to a fixed value.
C#:
            if (chancetest < 0.50 )
                chance = 3;
                chance = 6;
                chance = 8;
            else if (chancetest < 0.95)
                chance = 10;
            else if (chancetest >= 0.95)
                chance = 13;
and the switch after that uses the fixed value, not a random on that number

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
gotcha. will make change on my end.

case 12 there also had "iron" which i think is in error - at least on the version of odyssey i got at the time. i changed to mithril.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I do need iron in there though as well. How about...

C#:
            Weight = 25.0;
            Name = "horse barding";
            Hue = MaterialInfo.GetMaterialColor( "silver", "classic", 0 );
            ArmorMaterial = "Iron";

int chance = 0;
            double chancetest = Utility.RandomDouble();

if (chancetest < 0.50 )
                chance = 3;
                chance = 7;