Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello Djeryv,

I've managed to download Client's last version, graphics are correct now, i think it was my fault with the old Odyssey client's files that i've modded with UOFiddler (for edit backpack's background color - too dark for me) so thanks to you and to PyrO for helping me to find the issue :)

I've explored Vordo's Dungeon, when kill the Shadow Hounds they take away Karma instead to give some, it is supposed to be?
They are aggressive like every other monster - [props tell that they have 2600 Karma.
And into the dungeon, the secret door's colour from Sewers of Kuldara is like the old blue (referring to your old post of changing the walls colour) not the new gray.

Thanks again for your work :)
Post automatically merged:

Every secret door (even in floor 2) are old blu - so now they are not so secret doors ! :)

Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I've explored Vordo's Dungeon, when kill the Shadow Hounds they take away Karma instead to give some, it is supposed to be?
They are aggressive like every other monster - [props tell that they have 2600 Karma.
This will be fixed in my next update.
Every secret door (even in floor 2) are old blu - so now they are not so secret doors ! :)
Page 8 of the user manual specifies that you must log in as the Wizard account and run the [buildworld command whenever you update the server. Then your doors will be the right color.

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Thank You again Djeryv , i've followed your istructions with [buildworld command and now everything is ok!

I'll check during my adventures if there are other issues (like for the Shadow Hounds) and report here every time if you want :)

Fulmicozonzo

Citizen
Oct 4, 2020
hi nice mod

is there a wiki or at least the skill tables somewhere ?
im training taming but idk what to tame

thank you and good job again!

im doing the alien scenario and its good to start fresh again!

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both CLIENT and SERVER have been updated

Fixed some loot unidentification glitches
Jedi powers no longer lose karma
Magic clothing added to the loot tables
Stuffed bears expanded and better graphics added
Daemon dart boards are now in the game
Fixed a ClassicUO container glitch with coffins
Ten foot poles can be crafted where better wood increases trap detection
Shoppe maximum gold glitch has been fixed from 10,000 to 500,000
Large BODs will produce the smaller BODs needed
Meditation now accommodates single player mana values
Gray Mouser's Cloak fixed to give the intended three skill bonuses
Couriers have been tweaked to give the proper messages for karma
Fixed barbarian axes because damage was too high for a one handed axe
Nightsight magic/spells/potions now stack in effectiveness to find hidden treasure
Claymores (2 handed swords) added to the game
Hollow books added to the loot tables
--This requires a file replacement in the client's "Data\Client\" folder
--Replace your containers.txt file included with the one in this update package
Shadow hound karma fixed
Dead horses add to the land with loot like wagons or dead bodies
Montor dock has ropes removed for more options to board/launch ships
Animal vendors have been redesigned in how they sell animals

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
That is beyond my scope as the "vendor buy" type commands were removed during Age of Shadows I think.

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Both client and server were updated today:

Gave Umbra's map some cosmetic changes
The Undercity has a less black color scheme
Training daemons (like training dummies) added
Potion cauldrons redone to use new graphics
--Will eventually empty and appear so
--So they will no longer say that there isn't enough liquid when empty
--There is no longer a chance of an empty cauldron to spawn
New ghost added to Halloween deco
--Lights up and moves when activated
--Makes ghost sounds when players walk near it and it is activated
New graphic for large cages added for animal vendors
Umbra guards will no longer spawn on horses
Magic skeleton keys added to loot
--Like master skeleton keys with less chance to be consumed on use
Ravendark merchants now spawn random clothing colors instead of just black
--Uses the same color scheme as Umbra and the Black Magic Guild

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did a small server update today because I forgot to add some new containers in a CFG file. Fricken...duh!

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
I did an update today to try to fix an issue reported on Reddit with the unidentified artifact. As for a comment left there previously...yes...I read Reddit. I just didn't want an account there anymore because the commenting became exhausting. It is the Reddit posts, however, that helped me fixed a bunch of stuff a month ago-or-so. So to those making comments of potential glitches...thanks.

Last edited:

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
OK I'll manage without.

Thank you for your fast reply and this awesome game!
You can look at adventures for full verbal commands for vendors.

You need to set handlesonspeech to true in the base class (basevendor), then create an onspeech overwride. We converted all our vendors to speech-only so you could copy what we did.

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Hello Djeryv, thank you for the last updates!

I've some questions :

- Special metals (spinel, amethyst, quartz, etc) : crafted Plate Arms keep base colour (Iron)
- Special leathers (serpent, troll, etc) : crafted pieces are all base colour (brown)
- Elvan pass into [go command - maybe is correct Elven Pass ? (if its intended - sorry!) in game the area is called Enchanted Pass
- Marble equipment is always created under max durability (es. 115/137) even if it bought from NPCs
- Tinker gump show Caddellite's jewelry name all the same as Amulets instead of ring/bracelet/earrings
- Trinkets cannot be enhanced with Guild's special tools ?
- Sometimes i've found corpse/bones (as containers) and chests not lootable on dead monster's body, maybe is related to stealing from monsters ?
- (happens seldom) Treasure chest's graphics when open changes in other items (they became like staves) after been opened (I think it happens with hidden chests)

Thank you for your help :)

Djeryv

Squire
Oct 2, 2014
Moved On...
Shard Name
Ultima Odyssey
Hello Djeryv, thank you for the last updates! I've some questions :
- Special metals (spinel, amethyst, quartz, etc) : crafted Plate Arms keep base colour (Iron)
Fixed
- Special leathers (serpent, troll, etc) : crafted pieces are all base colour (brown)
Fixed
- Elvan pass into [go command - maybe is correct Elven Pass ? (if its intended - sorry!) in game the area is called Enchanted Pass
Fixed
- Marble equipment is always created under max durability (es. 115/137) even if it bought from NPCs
Fixed
- Tinker gump show Caddellite's jewelry name all the same as Amulets instead of ring/bracelet/earrings
Fixed
- Trinkets cannot be enhanced with Guild's special tools ?
That is by design
- Sometimes i've found corpse/bones (as containers) and chests not lootable on dead monster's body, maybe is related to stealing from monsters ?
You have to open them from within the corpse and then they will be movable
This is because loot is generated based on where the character is in (what dungeon for example)
So I added text to the item to tell players that
- (happens seldom) Treasure chest's graphics when open changes in other items (they became like staves) after been opened (I think it happens with hidden chests)
I "think" I have this fixed as I found where it was accidentally changing the box ItemID

Kurgan83

Citizen
May 7, 2020
Thank you for everything,
so i have to double-click the corpse/chest found into the dead body, now i understand...
I'm using only the new looting grid of ClassicUO, here I can only pick up single items - but cannot open other items (like containers) into the same grid (and they are stuck into the grid).

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Hey Djeryv,

Just working on a dynamic minimum taming skill algorithm in basecreature and noticed that tames spawned in dungeons go through BeefUp. I looked at Animaltaming.cs and didn't find a method to "beefdown" the creature ontame. In other words, taming a pet in a deadly dungeon yields a better pet than in a hard dungeon.

just pointing it out - im adding a "beefdown" method to bring the tame back to what it should be and undo the beefup.

CaptMyron

Citizen
May 3, 2020
MY GOD THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME-EST GAME EVER!!!! Gonna fanboy for a second here but damn Djeryv, you are good :) I have been playing RPGs (tabletop) since 1980 and CRPGs since 89 (The Bard's Tale on my TRS-80). UO was my first MMO love which your game has re-awakened LOL My buddy and I from high school re-connected during COVID and have been playing the crap out of Odyssey. We managed to follow the Clues (see what I did there) and have now managed to make it to both the Isle of Dread and, tonight...drum roll please...MADE IT TO LODOR! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this awesome experience.