Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Odyssey 2020-06-23

No permission to download

Djeryv

Squire
I did an update that does quite a bit of map work to make the Serpent Island dungeons to not look so bland as they were in the original Odyssey back in 2012 or so. The other things fixed are:

- Some spawns that needed tweaking or resetting.
- Treasure maps will not be accurate on the land they are meant for.
- Shadow fiends now drop loot...just in case they are part of a quest.
- Loot containers (within containers) will not spawn loot if you pick it up instead of having to open it first.
- Gnolls now drop some loot.
Post automatically merged:

Let me correct the spelling of NOT to NOW...

are:

- Treasure maps will now be accurate on the land they are meant for.
- Loot containers (within containers) will now spawn loot if you pick it up instead of having to open it first.

Last edited:

Ravagna

Citizen
Yes...because crafting annoys the hell out of me. Me and and a close friend never craft really...although I have a couple of characters that dabble in it for the experience. To be fair, however, I tried to make crafting interesting and added some other systems for those that like to do that stuff.

You don't even need to worry about repairing weapons and armor because you can talk to the merchants in town and hire them to fix it for you.

During the adventure you will run into armor and weapons of a magical nature...but also made of special materials like valorite or serpent leather.
That's fantastic!

CaptMyron

Citizen
I did an update that does quite a bit of map work to make the Serpent Island dungeons to not look so bland as they were in the original Odyssey back in 2012 or so. The other things fixed are:

- Treasure maps will not be accurate on the land they are meant for.
- Loot containers (within containers) will not spawn loot if you pick it up instead of having to open it first.

Let me correct the spelling of NOT to NOW...

are:

- Loot containers (within containers) will now spawn loot if you pick it up instead of having to open it first.
Hey Djyerv,

Awesome update. Addresses my confusion regarding why I was searching for treasure on Lodoria when it was actually in Sosaria LOL

My buddy and I are going to update this weekend but I had a question regarding skill increases.

They are no longer appearing on screen whereas stat increases still are.

Did I inadvertently change something e.g. a [ command?

Thanks for all your great work!

Steve and Peter

CaptMyron

Citizen
Thanks.

check your client settings. The info messages are client side
Hey PyrO - so where is it in the client settings? I thought maybe settings.json, but couldn't see anything.

Greetings fellow travellers.

The Evil Spoof and I (the Elder Archer Cindermoon) have found a mysterious gate with serpents entwined around them in the oceans of Lodoria.
We tried to enter the portal between the pillars, only to suffer Poseidon's wrath.

Earlier in our adventures, we explored a complex dedicated to Poseidon, off the western coast of Sosaria.

Might that be where we find the means to travel to the Serpent Isle?

Many thanks.

Cindermoon and Spoof

Last edited:

CaptMyron

Citizen
:) Yeah I figured it was me LOL Thx D.

OK so I checked and both were toggled on. I unchecked and then rechecked and am still only getting notices when my stats go up :(

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Citizen

OK so I checked and both were toggled on. I unchecked and then rechecked and am still only getting notices when my stats go up :(
Hey Capt. I had this same thing happen to me recently. I logged in one day and thought I wasn't getting any gains for a long time, so tried another skill to see if I got an increase, but nothing showed. I checked in the settings just as Djeryv showed above, and even moved the setting and reset it and it didn't change. I decided to use the setting in Razor to show the increase and it worked fine for a few days, but it wasn't the same, I missed seeing the blue text. The funny thing was, I would see the normal blue text if something cast on me and it changed my skills. Finally, I tried the settings again, but this time I set it to 0, and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't work at 1 because it worked fine all along, maybe because it somehow isn't the same as .1, but mine works again and I'm happy about it. I hope it will work for you if you try that.

CaptMyron

Citizen
Greetings again, fellow travellers.

Spooof and I descended into the depths of Poseidon's Temple. Therein we encountered many horrible marine creatures both living and undead.

In a side cave, we discovered a sigil affixed to the wall of a silver serpent.

In front of it was a book.

We read the book to discover the coordinates for TWO sets of serpentine pillars - one in Sosaria and the other in the oceans of Lodoria (which was the one we found).

Based on the book found in the dungeon Clues, we travelled to Umber Veil. In the jungles northwest of the town, we discovered the ruins of home with three gravestones to the west of it - two larger than the other.

We stood around the gravestones in multiple locations and said 'I love you, Lilly."

Nothing.

Thinking perhaps we were in the wrong place, Spooof recalled to the platform in Sosaria and said the words then went through the magical energies between the pillars.

Then the world disappeared.

It reappeared moments later.

We are at a loss.

With regards,

Cindermoon and Spooof

<ooc> The server crashed when Spooof went through the pillars. Attached is a screenshot <ooc>

Probably just a ClassicUO glitch that they need to fix.
Setting it to zero worked! YAY!

Attachments

• crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Djeryv

Squire
I did a quick update to both server and client today. To recap the last update (because of spelling errors):

...but this particular update has...

- Fixes for crash issues using the Serpent Pillars and Skull Gates.
- Most container gumps have their interiors brightened up to help see darker items in them. Some displays don't have this issue with their saturation but others are just too dark. I kept the original container gumps just in case this option doesn't work well...but so far they do for me as I saw a dark pair of deep sea gloves in my bag I couldn't see before.
- The user manual has an entry for a new folder within the Info folder called Custom and what that does, which...
- You can now have your own custom spawns and decorations that you can save in the Info/Custom folder. Placing these here allow you to update your game and keep these settings. The backup routine will grab these custom spawns/decorations when it runs.
-- NOTE: This is not meant for customer creatures or custom items...but only for where items are placed or monsters appear.

WARNING: If you are upgrading, make sure you copy the Info/Custom folder and place it in your Info folder before starting up the game server.

CaptMyron

Citizen
Just updated to the most recent server and client. Did all the usual stuff - deleted everything from the C:\Games\Odyssey directory EXCEPT the info and saves folders, then extracted everything BUT the info and saves folder from the most recent Odyssey.7z build. Also downloaded the most recent Game.7z build and extracted it into the Odyssey directory. I then ran the Odyssey executable and the server successfully started. I then logged in as an admin but while the client was starting, the Razor window popped up. That was the first time in a few builds that had happened. Once I was in, I ran the [buildworld command and logged out once it was complete. On the PC I play from (I have the server running on a different PC on my network), I deleted the Files folder from the existing Game directory and replaced it with the one in the latest Game.7z build. When I started the Client I DIDN'T get the Razor window popping up. I was able to log into the server and everything seems to be running fine. Did I do something wrong?

Djeryv

Squire
Make sure you have a Game\Razor folder with stuff in it and your settings.json has this in it...

"plugins" : [
"..\\..\\Razor\\Razor.exe"
]

Also...on an unrelated subject and only because you have a history of not reading instructions...did you take the INFO/CUSTOM folder out of the server package and place it in your INFO folder?

CaptMyron

Citizen
Got it. So it happens when I run the game executable from the install on my server machine because it DOES have a Game\Razor subdirectory and the information above in the settings.json file, but because I do NOT have a Game\Razor subdirectory (I stopped using Razor a few builds ago because I find the ingame Options sufficient) or the above in MY settings.json file, I do not get the Razor pop-up because I do not have it installed on the machine I play on? That's what it sounds like, which I'm fine with - I don't use Razor.

Just got the notification for your update - WOOT!

Last edited:

CaptMyron

Citizen
Make sure you have a Game\Razor folder with stuff in it and your settings.json has this in it...

"plugins" : [
"..\\..\\Razor\\Razor.exe"
]

Also...on an unrelated subject and only because you have a history of not reading instructions...did you take the INFO/CUSTOM folder out of the server package and place it in your INFO folder?
OUCH :) and you mean like this?custom.JPG

CaptMyron

Citizen
But that's only on the server side, correct? Cuz I'm pretty sure all my buddy does is download the Game client, NOT the server one and just plays using that <prepares to duck scathing retort>