Voxpire

Vita-Nex
Administrator
Ultima Shards is the next generation Ultima Online experience and the first project of its kind.
For more information, please visit http://www.ultima-shards.com

We are looking to hire talented individuals with the passion and motivation to achieve new goals and drive the project forward.

Payment is negotiable depending on experience, tuition requirements and volume of contributions to the project.

Pre-requisites;
Must have advanced C# .NET experience and at least two hours per day to contribute to the project.
Applicants with qualifications equivalent to a BTEC National Award (Associates Degree in Computer Science) will be fast-tracked.

A strong willingness to learn, be able to work independently and to genuinely enjoy writing code is essential, even when particular assignments aren't interesting.
The right candidate will be confident and able to motivate themselves and others, be able to work efficiently, independently and as part of a team.

The role includes duties such as code and repository maintenance, development of systems, features and various applications, database administration, quality assurance, debugging, testing, profiling and other general development tasks. This may include interacting with the general population (players), in which case, customer service etiquette will be essential.

Knowledge of MySQL database and XenForo forum software is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge of PHP, JavaScript, (D/X-)HTML, CSS, XML and JSON is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge of Ultima Online, UOSteam, Razor, RunUO, ServUO, Vita-Nex: Core and other 3rd party software would be extremely beneficial, but not essential.

Please contact either myself or @Punkte for an interview - if you don't feel like you meet the criteria outlined in this description but are very much interested in contributing, please don't hesitate to contact us anyway - we may have something for you!

Regards,
Ultima Shards Team

I'm a world builder, not a developer. But I'd love to work on a project that actually comes to fruition. I have access to the most recent EA artwork and some custom stuff that I'd love to be able to use to build/landscape with.

Thanks for taking interest, @Mia!

We are looking for world builders and decorators for the first Shard of the Multiverse, which will be AoS.

When the project has launched, we will be developing an in-house patching service and will be looking to provide custom artwork.

If you're interested, please PM @Punkte - He's the one with the vision!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Here's a peak at one of the systems we've been working on for Ultima Shards.
This one is our Enhanced Guild System.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We are still actively seeking a talented Developer for the project with the experience listed above in the OP.

We are also currently looking for a couple GM and Counselor positions filled as well.

Pre-requisites;
Must have experience and knowledge of RunUO/ServUO commands.
Must have a good understanding of UO, specifically AOS mechanics and systems.

We ask that all candidates have a passion for UO, a strong willingness to learn, and be able to work independently from time to time.

Those who have good knowledge of XML Spawner, CentreD, UOArchitect, Map Editing will be fast-tracked.

For those interested, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you,

Regards,
Ultima Shards Team

Back