UltimaLive 0.98

No permission to download

Praxiiz

Rookie
Praxiiz submitted a new resource:

UltimaLive - Use more than 6 map files, Stream changes to clients in realtime

UltimaLive v.0.98

Introduction

The purpose of UltimaLive is to allow a shard to edit its maps while the game is running, stream those changes to its players in realtime, and use more than six map files.

Map Editing and Streaming

UltimaLive provides shard developers the ability to alter maps without the hassle of redistributing map files to their entire player base. This gives shard developers the possibility of scripting events that make changes to the game maps while the shard is...

Read more about this resource...

Joshua

Squire
Is this safe for drag and drop updating from 0.97? or is there some items we should be careful of?

Praxiiz

Rookie
I still need to release the compiled v.0.98 igrping.dll. For now I would stick with the 0.97 dll unless you feel like compiling from scratch. I will make the v.0.98 dll available as time allows.

The VS2010 project is still there, but VS2013, and 2015 need to be added. I am going through the repository and updating it to work with latest version of visual studio.

gametec

Diamond Supporter
As for Boats being able to wrap... as long as everything is clearly registered in MapDefinitions.cs and you edit the BaseBoat.cs script you're good to go with wrapping. Now keep in mind the code below is from BaseBoat.cs and it has been customized for a different (playable) map size within a trammel/ felucca size physical world. The original BritWrap rectangle has been commented out below. You may need to edit the Map.cs in your server console source as well. To accomplish what I did I edited that Map.cs, the MapDefinitions.cs, BaseBoat.cs, and the MapRegistry script that came with Ultima Live; in fact I merged that with my MapDefinitions.cs script.

Code:
public abstract class BaseBoat : BaseMulti
{
	//Notes: 170 = border from ocean to left side West to East | 370 = border from ocean to top North to South | 5130 = Where map ends on right 	side | -190 = Calculates if there is enough room from right side to left side | 3733 = where map ends on the bottom | 379 = Makes sure there is enough room to wrap from the bottom to the top
	private static Rectangle2D[] m_BritWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 170, 370, 5130 - 190, 3733 - 379) };

//private static Rectangle2D[] m_BritWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 5120 - 32, 4096 - 32 ), new Rectangle2D( 5136, 	2320, 992, 1760 ) };

private static Rectangle2D[] m_IlshWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 2304 - 32, 1600 - 32 ) };

private static Rectangle2D[] m_TokunoWrap = new Rectangle2D[] { new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 1448 - 32, 1448 - 32 ) };
[doublepost=1468350637][/doublepost]For most of you using OSI/EA/Mythic/Broadsword clones the above notes are still important, but you need to know what this 2nd section means:

..., new Rectangle2D( 5136, 2320, 992, 1760 ) };

Code:
//private static Rectangle2D[] m_BritWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 5120 - 32, 4096 - 32 ), new Rectangle2D( 5136,  2320, 992, 1760 ) };

This second section is the The Lost Lands portion of your map (where Papua and Delucia are located). Any mini-maps (or regional maps - like the old school dungeons and dragons maps) that you create with oceans should be added like this.

Last edited:

Joshua

Squire
I'm on the verge of releasing access to an extended part of my shard that makes use of over 50+ custom maps thanks to this amazing system. This update helped a lot.

Joshua

Squire
I got this working successfully with no error on client 7.0.49.2 . I suspect it should work just fine for that version as well.

cmileto

Citizen
works fine for me on 7.48.something. Note Im still using 0.97 dll with these scripts because I cant seem to get the 0.98 dll to compile. Not sure what im doing wrong.

Last edited:

Joshua

Squire
That would be many maps to explore :)

Completely custom built creatures/dungeons, and a tiered system, so you have to earn the right to enter the next map. so far this has turned out to be a nearly a 2 year project.. lol comes with working alone =p

Tawss

Citizen
Anyone have the .98 dll that they'd be willing to post or privately send? Would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, finally found the 0.98 here on the forums, just didn't look hard enough.

Last edited:
Been looking For the Igring_0_98.dll/Igrping_0_98_debug.dll's and can't seem to find them anywhere i know i can use the .97 version but wanna get everything up to date to see if that will fix some issues so if anyone has copies of them please post them or send them to me in a message i would really appritate it... Thank you

hey i got everything working properly but even with the igrping_debug_98 dll i found that when using it that my Felucia and Ilishenar maps are all messed up i put it back to the OSI copy and they are fine, is there going to be a release of the 98.dll that will not cause this to happen?? really do love the system and want to make it work but i got no clue on how to make/change dll files what so ever...

and i even tried doing it with the 97.dll and the same thing happened i am running the new 7.0.52.2 client so that i am able to use the New functions and strings in the Newest copy of servuo that has the ToL support

Visam

Rookie
I've been using this for a while now with several client versions including the newest and haven't had any issues, you might want to go through the setup steps again to be sure you have everything in correctly.

Tawss

Citizen
not sure, I can run it on my system locally, but when I try to have someone connect remotely from the internet side, they seem to have issues with falling thru holes and the like. Kind of baffling to say the least, as I have gone thru the same steps on both server and client sides, but will eventually figure it out.