UltimaLive

UltimaLive 0.98

No permission to download

Joshua

Squire
I tried that and it did create the export files, I moved them over and tried them and got the same error.

fwiffo

Citizen
Have you removed the .live files?
Can you past the complete error log and eventually any modifications made (after removing The .live files)?

Joshua

Squire
All the .live files were removed.

There is no crash log or additional errors, just the information posted in the console. After removal of the live files there were no changes.
Code:
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
Loading Ultima Live map changes
Error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at UltimaLive.CRC.OnLoad()
   at Server.WorldLoadEventHandler.Invoke()
   at Server.EventSink.InvokeWorldLoad() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\EventSink.cs:line 1621
   at Server.World.Load() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\World.cs:line 858
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\Main.cs:line 554
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
[doublepost=1504399337][/doublepost]re posting this issue on the main script support forum. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
[doublepost=1504401481][/doublepost]Nevermind, as i started to explain the issue again i realized my error... forgot to update MapDefinitions.cs
noob moment, sry,

Thagoras

Citizen
Hey,
Not REALLY a discussion point. Although, it might be nice if he explained in more detail what the commands did. (oh well)

On my shard I have seasons. Winter is an ugly season though...as the land conversion was half done. So I moved my snow tiles to another place and replaced them with forest tiles. Thus winter rolls around and the trees are naked but everything doesn't look stupid. This presented another problem. Remaking the maps with the new Snow ID's. UltimaLive presented me with an opportunity that mapping programs didn't. The ability to replace the tiles. I have a little script which changes these for me. It's made to do what I need it to do. But I thought what I did could be helpful to the whole community...and it's really quite nice.

Again. Don't use this on your shard without modifying it first.

It works with two nested For loops which go through the land tiles in an x y region on the trammel map (map 1)

Attachments

• ForestWinterStone.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Karack

Citizen
In the overview section we can read
[article]You may need to run Ultima Live with administrative privileges when it creates blank maps in the app folder[/article]

How i can run it with admin priveges?

Karack

Citizen
There no .exe file in UltimaLive directory. I tryed to build it with visualstudio 2015 but seem no .exe file too after compiling.

Thx for reply

siran

Citizen
Does anyone have this running with ServUO and the latest client (7.0.63.2)? I used UltimaLive several years ago with JustUO but for the life of me I can't get it to work now with ServUO. It recognizes my added maps (#32-35) but apparently cannot match up the statics; on Felucca or Trammel for example, it deletes all statics as I move. I have tried both 0.98 and 0.97 versions of UltimaLive but without success.

Joshua

Squire
I have the same problem, i stopped using it because of that. At some point something changed. Now all the cities and main lands are under water and none of the statics match.

I know for a fact it works with older versions of the client, but there are changes that I like with the newer client as well as using it for other servers so I'm at a loss until this gets updated. @Praxiiz

Burner

Citizen
At the very least, I know that it was still working with client: 7.0.55.4 I tried using that client version with data files from a much more recent one and that failed though

john burns

Citizen
I remember someone mentioning that the system needed an overhaul. something to do with the packet handling so it could run better.
Just what I remember hearing.

gametec

Diamond Supporter
Guys far be it for me to chime in, but the last version of the client I know this worked on was 7.0.50.0... all subsequent versions broke UL after client 7.0.10.0. The client versions in between the two bugged up UL by rendering some of its functions obsolete; commands failed to work.

I would love be to help but I am only able to use my phone at the moment as my computer fell victim to a change in lifestyle which no longer includes my spending 10-15 hours a day on a keyboard. Lol... well that is all ;)

siran

Citizen
Does anyone know if source code for Igrping.dll is available anywhere? Perhaps some troubleshooting could be done if so.

Joshua

Squire
A note to others and to myself. The newest client, has changes to the TileData, the Irping file may cause problems and skew tiles in the newest client. So far i can tell, the only way to fix it is to copy and replace tileart.uop and tiledata.mul from an older client it did work on into the newer client. Obviously some newer tile content may not be available *not sure which tiles* however this will allow the other newer content with the updates to be used. This is more of a work around then a fix. I assume you PROBABLY could use fiddler to migrate the data to the older tile files. I may look into that moving forward.

If you use an old client and do not patch up then you should be fine.

gametec

Diamond Supporter
You guys are making me want to get back into this hobby lol - there is a way to do it but it needs to be coded into Map.cs and BaseBoat.cs; no I don’t know the code but it follows this basic path which is easier than it will look to a novice coder.

Look at the teleporter script. Inside you will find coordinates and something like Map.Trammel in the code. That same principle can be used here if someone knows how that coordinate/ facet teleportation system is coded. It shouldn’t take more than an hour for an experienced UO dev to come up with a workaround solution.

My advice is as Vorspire. He has helped me on many of my projects and I trust his coding without question. He is very keen when it comes to finding what to code in scripts that seem impossible.