1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UO 3D enhanced client ServUO support it?

Discussion in 'ServUO Discussion' started by ft2085267, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ft2085267

ft2085267 New Member

Which version should be used to enhance the client?

2. Arrrr

Arrrr New Member

3. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

Any of the ServUO publishes can be used for this, they all just require some modification, and the SALoader I think. Search for Enhanced and a bunch of threads will pop up.

4. The Real Keith

I actually just replied to a thread about the same thing hoping to resurrect it. Even with most of the information I could find, I still have many issues that make the enhanced client unusable. Did Broadsword patch the client after most of these modifications were done?

5. nibbio

nibbio New Member

The UOSALoader doesn't work anymore: the new client has two IPs hardcoded in its assembly and "randomly" choose one of them. (i didn't disassembly the client, i only verified through a network manager).
    UOSALoader patches only one of these IPs, so you need to retry and retry and retry until you are luck and the client choose the right one :D

I've made a simple launcher that intercept the socket creation and set a custom IP and port, without ASM modification.
    All infos are available on this thread: http://www.servuo.com/threads/ec-client-infos.2614/ but noone still offers his support for it.

I have also a modified version of the latest version of RunUO (from gitHub) that implements all Enhanced client features, but, again, i need help to convert and package all for a true release. The server has been heavily modified for that, and support for older clients (before High Seas) is dropped (2d is also supported).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. The Real Keith

I had no problems with one of the loaders I found. The one from the UOSA repo failed, but I found another from the abyss server that uses a cheese.cfg and dll file. We've probably made more progress on the enhanced client support than I've been able to find on the web. Things from the hot bar all the way to the new runebook gumps. I'ts been a nightmare but @Moody is doing gods work.

7. Crome969

Crome969 Member

@nibbio wich help do you need to be exact? And wich repo you are targeting? I may can help a bit about if we get the work summed..

8. nibbio

nibbio New Member

I need to migrate my private repo (from visual studio online GIT repo) to a public repo like github or similar.
    Before this migration i need help to consolidate the code: i don't want to release unfinished projects but i haven't so much time to do it alone now.

If you want to help me, i can give you access to my repo (i need your passport/microsoft username). If you don't have a valid passport account, you can make one for free on microsoft site.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crome969

Crome969 Member

I currently checking if i get Stealth working again with the enhanced Client. So i could use the packetlogger from Stealth for analysing packets. I could make an Microsoft passport account (or does msn acc is enough?) and check what you have done yet and what is missing.
    You may can write me your AIM\ICQ\Skype contact via PM, then we could discuss this further :)

10. nibbio

nibbio New Member

As attachment is available my last sourcecode of modified RunUO that supports UO Enchanced client.
    Maybe someone can use it as "inspiration" or something like that....

Attached Files: