Kita submitted a new resource:

UO Battle Cards - Find ~ Collect ~ Battle

Introducing the new in-game card game, UO Battle Cards! As a player of Ultima Online, you can now collect 6000+ cards from creatures you defeat in the game. The rarity and card type of the creature you defeat will determine the type of card that drops, with the ultimate prize being the foil card.

In UO Battle Cards, you can level up your cards by engaging in matches against AI or other players. These matches consist of 32 rounds where you flip cards and the highest card wins, with...​

Read more about this resource...

This sounds awesome, any chance theres a booster pack you can sell in game on a vendor? or maybe for Dono currency (Sovs)

This sounds awesome, any chance theres a booster pack you can sell in game on a vendor? or maybe for Dono currency (Sovs)
We are taking suggestions/requests as we prepare to release the base game, there are plans for upgrade pack/art in the works for the future updates if viable!

This is pretty awesome looking! Would love to see a video of it in action. Also how does it do on item count/resources for the server? Is each card an "item" or is it part of a large deck of cards 1 item? A binder of cards? Etc.

I'll put together a official video as soon as all the art is in place, you can see some early videos of the testing phases of this via my youtube here, as for the cards, they are each an item, though they have no weight and there is a collectors book to hold the entire collection of over 6000+ cards on a default server! I don't perceive too many players ever getting every card possible as they are locked behind loot drops of creatures and the rarity is set so they don't drop often! Even if they were all collecting every card, I don't see any issues for the server in regards to its resources!

I'll put together a official video as soon as all the art is in place, you can see some early videos of the testing phases of this via my youtube here, as for the cards, they are each an item, though they have no weight and there is a collectors book to hold the entire collection of over 6000+ cards on a default server! I don't perceive too many players ever getting every card possible as they are locked behind loot drops of creatures and the rarity is set so they don't drop often! Even if they were all collecting every card, I don't see any issues for the server in regards to its resources!
I mean let's say worst case scenario of 200 players get all 6000 cards. That is 1,200,000 items added to the world. Do they have to be items or can they be part of ONE item that they are added to to reduce the amount of cards in the world?

I love the idea, I think this is EXTREMELY unique, but the resource drain on the server scares me, save times etc.

I see your point, I'll do some tests and if I find the current design drains any resources under extreme conditions like 500 players with full sets, than I'll redo the book to store the card info instead of the item!

I see your point, I'll do some tests and if I find the current design drains any resources under extreme conditions like 500 players with full sets, than I'll redo the book to store the card info instead of the item!
That is much appreciated. Really looking forward to this resource if that gets implemented!

I will tell ya now, our server with a middle road pop has about 1.5 million items on it total. Up for 6+ years. So if we know anything, people hoard and if there is an item to collect they WILL collect. And if one item has the potential to surpass the base item number it is 100% going to cause issues long run especially if it is highly sought after to collect em all! Which this looks like it will be.

Update after watching the video: even more reason not to be items for the long run and just to combine into a collection deck, those cards are SO SMALL. Many of the players have carpal tunnel or are older and can hardly see things in the bag as it is. Dbl clicking on those tiny little icons is gonna be rough for many unless they have grid loot on. Targeting those is gonna be rough. Any chance to use the larger card icons? I suppose it could also be modified per server to use:
1677736612108.png
ITEMID 39956

About 3 times as big. Your playing GUMP looks nice, easy to see, click etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are making adjustments as of this post, We've adjusted the overall total card count to 1200+, 600+ for the standard cards and 600+ foil cards, this reduces the redundancy for just hues, and will add to the solution of item counts, which will be combined with a change to the collection book to store cards virtually and not as an item! As for the card size, You'll have an option in the game settings for shards to decide which version of cards they want to use! We had discussed this early in development and what we have been doing is making sure this system can be customizable as much as possible! Which will be found in a config file that is included with the system!

PS : After many tests, we found no gain from different data saving methods, which overall was not sufficient enough to out way the proficiency of the current collection book design and storage of cards, so the system will have cards as items in the book and the plan to virtually save the data by other means has been abandoned!

We are making adjustments as of this post, We've adjusted the overall total card count to 1200+, 600+ for the standard cards and 600+ foil cards, this reduces the redundancy for just hues, and will add to the solution of item counts, which will be combined with a change to the collection book to store cards virtually and not as an item! As for the card size, You'll have an option in the game settings for shards to decide which version of cards they want to use! We had discussed this early in development and what we have been doing is making sure this system can be customizable as much as possible! Which will be found in a config file that is included with the system!
That's awesome! Thank you for taking our concerns to heart! Count us in for when this releases! Lot of excited members :)

*Removed my whiney, ignorant comment*
Can I just like Cashapp or Paypal you because its the 21st century and that's just easier.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for any confusion, preorders were by etransfer, which all you need is the email address to send money! We will have more options for payment at launch!

I'm sorry for any confusion, preorders were by etransfer, which all you need is the email address to send money! We will have more options for payment at launch!
It's not your fault or anything you did wrong im just dumb and old lol
Edit: Thank you for working wioth me to sort out a payment method Appreciate you, Truly!

Last edited:
Some positive criticism, I would make Tweaks to the text area like so.
Maybe some themed backgrounds. And some tweaking of the UO minis they are extremely unpolished even stock images.

Example after polishing 1678515118237.png. The original minis were intended as invisible markers for staff to know what to spawn where. Place holders. So they didnt't get much love since they weren't meant to be seen. Then the ethereal horses came out. Then statues. To this day they still haven't bothered to polish or fix any of the images. Also maybe give special cards like trap cards a unique background. Just using hues takes away from the beauty of what you got going on here. Love the system btw. Always thought the game needed a good collectable card game. Great job.
1678514770251.png

Last edited:
Notice/Update : We have decided to make another version for ServUO 57 as this current version is for 58. It should be available by March 17/18th or there abouts! We are also going to add the ability to place a bet to the battle matches so you'll be able to wager with another player on who will win the match!

Notice/Update : We have decided to make another version for ServUO 57 as this current version is for 58. It should be available by March 17/18th or there abouts! We are also going to add the ability to place a bet to the battle matches so you'll be able to wager with another player on who will win the match!
Appreciate you more than words allow expression

Some positive criticism, I would make Tweaks to the text area like so.
Maybe some themed backgrounds. And some tweaking of the UO minis they are extremely unpolished even stock images.

Example after polishing View attachment 21515. The original minis were intended as invisible markers for staff to know what to spawn where. Place holders. So they didnt't get much love since they weren't meant to be seen. Then the ethereal horses came out. Then statues. To this day they still haven't bothered to polish or fix any of the images. Also maybe give special cards like trap cards a unique background. Just using hues takes away from the beauty of what you got going on here. Love the system btw. Always thought the game needed a good collectable card game. Great job.
View attachment 21514
Thanks for the feedback sorry I'm late to the party on the post. The main art is still in production and being tweaked. Planning to release it free to those who have purchased at a later date. There will also be expansions planned as well which may be paid fyi. :p I actually redid the holos a bit to reflect the earlier comments about colorblindness and it ended up being very close to ur mock up otimpyre! Shows a little texture while making it easier to read. :p I may visit the idea of polishing the minis but would be a ton of work hehe so maybe at a later date. I also agree on the diff art for special/trap cards and plan to do something as well. :)

Attachments

• holo123 0.png
    holo123 0.png
    131 KB · Views: 157
  • basecards.png
    basecards.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for the feedback sorry I'm late to the party on the post. The main art is still in production and being tweaked. Planning to release it free to those who have purchased at a later date. There will also be expansions planned as well which may be paid fyi. :p I actually redid the holos a bit to reflect the earlier comments about colorblindness and it ended up being very close to ur mock up otimpyre! Shows a little texture while making it easier to read. :p I may visit the idea of polishing the minis but would be a ton of work hehe so maybe at a later date. I also agree on the diff art for special/trap cards and plan to do something as well. :)
Beautiful work as always Rooster.

holo123-0-png.21520

Oh yea, thats much better, the text pops right out now :) awesome designs.

Just watched the video and just wondering if there is a forfeit option as example if a player during a game has to leave suddenly IRL things come up as life happens might want to have that option. I know there might be exploits people might find in this but having a forfeit option with penalties might be a good idea just in case. And you might already have that just not shown in video also not sure just bringing it up. System looks great adds great game value. Maybe Mini pet Battles like wow hint hint lol.

Just watched the video and just wondering if there is a forfeit option as example if a player during a game has to leave suddenly IRL things come up as life happens might want to have that option. I know there might be exploits people might find in this but having a forfeit option with penalties might be a good idea just in case. And you might already have that just not shown in video also not sure just bringing it up. System looks great adds great game value. Maybe Mini pet Battles like wow hint hint lol.
During the match either player can quit at any time. View upper left hand corner of video while game is active to see the button in question. I believe there’s a penalty but kita would have to inform you on the specifics! :)

RedRooster pointed out the quit button and there is a penalty, the one that quits will lose and only the cards played up to that point get experience! The other player wins and ALL there cards get exp!

RedRooster pointed out the quit button and there is a penalty, the one that quits will lose and only the cards played up to that point get experience! The other player wins and ALL there cards get exp!
Might want to be careful handling it that way. Whats to stop me from making 2 accounts and conctantly quiting with one to max my other characters cards and then just doing the same on the flip side. I now have two accounts with fully leveled decks for a fraction of the work.

Might want to be careful handling it that way. Whats to stop me from making 2 accounts and conctantly quiting with one to max my other characters cards and then just doing the same on the flip side. I now have two accounts with fully leveled decks for a fraction of the work.
Good point, I didn't consider that an will make adjustments to the next update!

Major Update Coming On April 1 (Not a fools day joke for those linking the date)

Here are a few of many NEW changes to UO Battle Cards!
+ UO Battle Cards will now be for both ServUO 57 & 58
+ Card Collection was updated to store card data, reducing the worry about shard item count!

Here are just a few new screenshots of the new updated system!
NewCB.png

image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

Rock'

Kita updated UO Battle Cards with a new update entry:

Major Update

Complete overhaul on the core, this was done to make the system work on both 57 & 58!

New Additions/Changes & Features
  • Cards no longer are stored on a item class, this reduces card count when in book
  • Cards have been visually improved and added art to support cards
  • Improved overall stats of the cards
  • Added new Gump for Collection Book, stores all cards & duplicates by Rarity
  • Added new starting Gumps for Matches, there is now a filter for match types
  • Player now can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm am just dusting everything off, I thought I had both versions working in the one copy, if not, I grabbed my 57 version and will post it here until I can get the dust off and see where I left the system!

Attachments

• UOBattleCards.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
I'm am just dusting everything off, I thought I had both versions working in the one copy, if not, I grabbed my 57 version and will post it here until I can get the dust off and see where I left the system!
TY so much! Im an avid TCG player, and to have something like this in UO is freakin awesome! and your 1st download worked fine.. I had started working on my own card game, and some of the names were conflicting.
Anyone have a link to a good guide on how to install custom gumps? :rolleyes::(

Last edited:
It looks very promising as a idea but a little artistic standpoint I do feel that the Creatures get lost within the Backgrounds, The Creatures Needs a way to stand out between the background. As a suggestion you should change the background to something that's resembles more UO based like using the Isometric Art style background so the characters really fits well with the background. As from a artistic standpoint I see a floating character pasted upon on top of a picture that doesn't fit or support either artistic styles so it loses my interest personally

Back