UO Black Box - Open Beta

UO Black Box - Open Beta 1.0.0.58

No permission to download

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Thank You for this!! Once the holidays are over and not so busy I will be sure to check this out :)

Reactions: GoldDraco13

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Xmas brought tons of fixes, improvements and additions ie: Multis Working!

As of Dec 26/19 : Started work on both Gump Editor(Like Gump Studio by Bradley) and Multi Builder (Like UO Architect), two new additions to the UO Black Box! I'm moving along faster then I had planned!

Last edited:
Reactions: hopers2 and Exale

Sareus

Squire
Dec 7, 2013
"Download UO Black Box Art"
Where did it go? I can't find it and I apparently need it for the next step.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Use the button to download it, then unzip and point the tool to it!
Post automatically merged:

I'm looking at including the art eventually, for now I have the art in a separate zip, just with thousands of images, it isn't possible without bogging down the tool to bake them into it!

Reactions: Sareus

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Both Statics and Multis are in, Land is the only one left and for now it is there for reference until I look at reviving UOLive, which I want too, but will also need to contact Praxiiz first to get permission, otherwise that is way down the road when/if I decide to expand the tool into mul/uop editing!

Today I've been working on a feature for the map to expand it, plus the custom map feature planning.

Also did a little work on preping the layout for the gump editor, and UO builder.

All in all busy day, should have version 1.0.0.41 up tonight!

Re reading your message I think you are asking if the art is embedded into the tool?

If so, no, besides a few maps for the travel side of the map tool, right now I am running the zip externally as I haven't programmed handling it yet within the tool like I did the auto install scripts!

But this shouldn't be too much of a deal, it basically just all .bmp .png and .jpg art the tool uses for display, the only thing the tool uses the folder other then the art is communicating with the server through the /Read Folder, * in 1.0.0.41 it will be changed to /DATA for future readers of post!

Last edited:
Reactions: Milva

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Version 1.0.0.45

*Added new Feature to Map Tool, you can now search for all players on a map and teleport to them via the in tool menu!
*Fixed the Download Art link, sorry, I didn't realize I broke it a few Versions back!
*Fixed some minor bugs
*Fixed Decorate GetId to auto select ID and Load it for use!

Reactions: Milva

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate

*Released Update version 1.0.0.46

*Improved the call back for Search for Players, this should now auto pop up the menu!
*Fixed a bug if you were to select a map with no players in it!
*Added a lot of function to the Gump Editor, this is still WIP (Early release Preview)

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
*Released version 1.0.0.47

*Finished adding majority of the functionality to the Gump editor!
+Should be able to add and build gumps, first laid is bottom layer and it goes up from there, will add layer control as I finish tool!
+To Delete a placed gump element, use the mouse wheel while hovering on element to highlight yellow, then use the delete button to remove highlighted elements!

++ToDo : Layers, Clean up inputs of Elements and line up proper gumps to functions plus Add function to Save/Load/Export!

BBGumpEditor.png

*Hotfix version 1.0.0.48
*Fixes Crash if no Hue Entered in Gump Editor Element placement

Last edited:

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Wondering since we now go to the download and it wants to install =where does this install as my PC is against this app :) but any ways would prefer the zip unless its way to large to install where I would prefer.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
*This is a click once install program, so it depends on your security if you get warnings or not, I am a trusted registered developer with a valid signed cert attached to the program.

*The Program is only 25MB at this version! the Art Zip is just above 100MB, and unzips to 600+MBs

So with that said, the program will install like any other, with a location in the start menu, plus it is put into control panel for easy removal!

The separate zip that needs to be downloaded is just a zip with jpg/png and bmp UO Art, I designed the tool to use these instead of messing with the actual mul/uop files, easier to update and added control and flexibility down the road!

The Zip also has a folder set up to handle files that the tool writes and reads, plus will hold the save location for saved and exported gumps come next release!

This download can be put anywhere within the access of both server and tool, meaning on same drive!

Reactions: Exale and Sareus

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
**Released Version 1.0.0.49

*Cleaned up UO Gump Editor Add Element Menus
*Added support to edit elements
*Added support to Save
*Added Support to inspect element in game while building gump (Just put the element into edit, Highlight element yellow) Then hit Test Element!
*Completed 99% of the function of the tool

++Only thing left is the Load and Export to finish on this!

*****Don't Use the Test Element Till Version 1.0.0.50*****

I found a bug and am in the process of fixing it! [bug report](If you use 'Test Element' with a non image element you will crash the tool)

**Bug-Fixed - Version 1.0.0.50 Released +HotFix

1.0.0.50 - fixes the crash but after further testing, some elements don't pass into game or show the wrong id, this will be worked on for next release, as with Load/Export!

Last edited:
Reactions: Exale and Sareus

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Release Minor Update Version : 1.0.0.51

*Allowed numbers in the decorate search bar to be used to look up ids
*Fixed a bug in gump editor where the edit/delete would not activate on newly placed elements with a gumpID
*Fixed and added a ton more support to Test Element (Should notice a huge improvement)
*Added function to Reset Tool : Delete Existing UO Black Box Scripts!

Reactions: Exale

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Major Update Version 1.0.0.52

*Added Support for Save/Load and Export for the UO Gump Editor Tool
*Clean up the code, squished some bugs!

++For anyone that previously downloaded the tool, I've had to do some restructuring of the Folders and added a new feature to Reset Tool.

*If you have problems or the art is missing, First go into the tool and reset it, then close it for now, then go and delete the UOBlackBox art folder, and then go into your scripts and delete the UOBlackBox folder there too. Then open the tool and go through the set up again, re download the art folder and set up the scripts. This should be the last time doing this as I have the structure finalized now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sareus and Exale

Exale

Squire
Mar 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Mystical Nights
Do you have an available "to-do list" or road map or anything? just wondering if there was a way to see what features are being planned for or what to look forward to. Any kind of website or gethub with that info? Just curious. Thanks for your contribution!

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
ToDo : +Insert any requests from community!

+Start work on website at UOBlackBox.com
-The website will be a on going project to compliment the Tool with help/guides etc etc

+Rework the Settings Menu, add more function
+Write a new set up, more intuitive sequence
+Add Splash Screen and new Box Logo Art from contest

+Add a few more features I have planned for UO Gump Editor, ie : Transparent screen overlay to work over UO!
+Polish UO GumpEditor, squish any bugs

+Add Custom map support
+Polish up Map tool

+Finish working on UO Builder (UO Architech type Tool)

+Add support for RunUO 1.0+ and older ServUO Emulators
+FTP connection and multi user support

Ideas for the future
+Script tool kit (Creating items/mobs etc etc)
+Quest tool kit (Create Quests)

More to come ...

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Minor Update Version 1.0.0.53

*Added support to delete Art folder in Reset Tools (Now Tool Reset completely resets tool and cleans downloads/Plugins)
*Started on the revamped Settings Menu (Now more intuitive)
*Updated Art Folder with Transparent Gumps.png, they were .jpg prior and didn't support transparency
+For those that want to just replace their pre existing art folder without resetting tool can download it HERE