No permission to download

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
Can you check and see if both the UOBlackBox folders exist in those locations, one in the servuo scripts folder and one on the c:\

Also, did you have any other tools open besides the settings?
Post automatically merged:

*Minor Update* 1.0.0.93

*Added a bypass to deleting existing UOBlackBox folders on tool reset, the tool will skip, give warning that it wasn't deleted and move on to reset tool still!
+Deleting existing folders was apart of clean up and if a number of things happen, they might not get deleted, so to avoid the failing of the tool reset, I have it bypass if they are causing a issue. They can always be deleted manually after the reset if they are still there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Exale

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Thanks Exale, I'm trying my best to make this complete, spent the last few days consuming a ton of info and deciding on the best way for this tool to communicate with a server. I decided to use the Remoting Feature, it might be legacy compared to WCF but I felt that due to the simplicity of the send/receive of the tool, I didn't need to go beyond a simple connection that doesn't need to be interrupted! I have the remote working on sending commands this morning, just need to finish receiving them back and it'll be ready for you all to test!

• Love
Reactions: Sareus and Exale

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
GoldDraco13 updated UO Black Box - Open Beta with a new update entry:

*Major Update*

*Added support for remote service *Please Read the Following Instructions : This is first pass, a few features not working (Marking/Returning Players on Map and Blueprints) These will be added as I develop this service!

+How to Use!

1.open setting and download the server
2.unzip the server to your remote server where you have your emulator
3.make sure you updated the emulator with latest scripts from version .94
4.Edit both the BlackBoxListener and BlackBoxSender scripts to...
Read the rest of this update entry...

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
*Update - Info on Progress*

+While working on the Remote Server I ran into a issue where I want to ensure Multiple Users can be connected and using UO Black Box on the same Server!

-The Solution is to rewrite the way the box and server communicate and decide where commands come and go between players!

*This is the screenshot of the new item being added to the system, It'll basically be an additional step to turn on the box as I had it auto turn on before, this item will allow the user to turn on and off the system in the server and allows me better control of who is using the box for the new communication system.

BBPreview.png

**With that all said, I wanted to update you all as it'll be a few days before I get this written, tested and patched out with all the additional support for the remote service mentioned before.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate

*Major Update*

*Completely Rewrote the Communication for the tool, this was to update for multiple users for remote service
*Added a new control item that needs to be turned on in game for the tool to work
*Remote service now support multiple users to one server, only one feature not complete for multi use is the builder tool
*The builder can be still used by the admin remotely but you'll need to un comment the streamwriter lines located in the BBSaveBuild.cs (I'll have this supported next...

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I'm taking a few days off this project to recoup my brain, I've been going non stop the last few weeks and it is time to stop and reflect!

I want to also take this time to hear from you all, has the remoting service been working? I know it is new and needs more ironing out but not sure if it is even working or not as I don't have a server to test on, it was tested with localhost which in theory should be as good as hooking up to a tcp elsewhere! Non the less, I also want to hear back in general, what you like or dislike about the tool, what bugs have you found etc etc, When I return to continue work on this tool I would like to have a laundry list of things to do!

Look forward to hearing from you all, hope your enjoying the tool in the meantime!

JGreen

Squire
Jul 16, 2019
These tool has been working very awesome thank you Draco for the tool.

Are you going to add in making custom quests with it in the future. where you can write a quest script from the tool? Dont know if you remember the old quest creator some one released back in the day on runuo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sareus

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Hi JGreen, I'm just finishing up a small break I took from this project, I will be working on some clean up and refactoring starting today, I have a small list of things that need to be fixed/corrected or completed ie: the remote builder tool support, the remote service needs some work as I have a sloppy way to receive back information that if you don't start up the tool in game and have the remote server going and send a return command like get itemid, you'll get a hang up as the server and tool are awaiting a call that never comes!

I know this hasn't answered your question but I wanted to start by announcing my present to do stuff and some update info as I have not said much in the last week! As for the future, I have the following things I am going to add over the next month.

-Script Tool Kit for Mobiles and Items!
-Quest Maker of some kind, I mentioned this before too as I think it'll work well with the script tool kit!

I will then go back and refactor again, I like to go through the entire system a few times, analyzing everything! Once this is done I'll release the first finished public version of the tool!

Reactions: Exale and Sareus

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate

*Minor Update*

*Finished adding the builder tool support for remote use, the tool will now save blueprints to your named folder within the save/blueprints, you can move your blueprints over after updating to fix any issues of them not being found! The tool if using remote will save both a local and remote copy of your build, which means that anyone using the builder tool on a remote server is also having their work backed up on the server in folders labeled by their name!

+This is finally...

Reactions: hopers2 and Exale

shishio

Citizen
Jan 14, 2020
I install the application, point the application to the art folder, I'm trying to get this to communicate with a server I am no hosting. is this possible? I can get the tool up but no commands are passed to the client.