UO Black Box - Open Beta

UO Black Box - Open Beta 1.0.0.103

No permission to download

Diesel

Gold Donator
Sep 7, 2014
Shard Name
Medival World 73.146.176.79
Thanks for all of your hard work GoldDraco13. I know for me BlackBox has allowed me to enjoy the process of building a shard all over again.

Reactions: GoldDraco13

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
Never, c# has enough cars to wax for a lifetime of learning! =D
Post automatically merged:

Command Loop Success - Update Screenshot!

(I'm manually pushing commands then retrieving them until empty for this test, I'll be automating this process)

CommandLoop.jpg

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Major Update : After working on this all day, I am proud to announce that I've seen the light, I have the box talking directly with the server, no more middle man! This improves the responsiveness ten folds and opens up more doors for the tool features! I'm so excited I had to share!!!

Untitled.png

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
It has come to my attention that the beta box server doesn't provide enough details for those that want to connect remotely, due to ripping this tool apart while I refactor it, I can't push an update yet, which will be the official release version when ready! So I am going to post a file to this post to replace the Server you get from the tool, all that is different is that this server provides the tcp info needed to connect to it, so you would enter in the full tcp into the tool ie: tcp://123.123.2.34 and the port, default 8090. This should clear up how to connect to the box server - issues!

Attachments

Reactions: 12d3

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Progress Update : After pulling my hair out I finally have this working smooth!

Success - Test connection to Servuo located on a remote cloud server, launching UO Black Box from my Laptop Locally and made a successful login connection!

RemoteServiceTest.jpg

Reactions: LordFenris

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I'm done the back end work and now working on refracting the tool and adding requests before I release the update, I wanted to give a chance here for people to make suggestions and requests for additional features to the existing tools!

For example, I received an awesome request the other day to add hotkeys, which will be in the next update btw!

So, Please take a moment to respond and give some criticism, I really want to make sure this next update is complete, it has been months in the making so I'm sure you'll all be pleasantly surprised as it is but more input means better output!

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Update News : <Progress 80% Done>

I've been reworking the base functionality of the Gump Editor the last few days and wanted to share some news that'll effect anyone using this tool once these changes go live.

The Gump Editor now processes all the gump viewing/editing live in game. This will allow you a better final product in comparison to designing within the external application which doesn't always reflect the gump as it would be seen in game!

More to come ...

Reactions: sahisahi

Diesel

Gold Donator
Sep 7, 2014
Shard Name
Hey, Draco super excited about the upgrades to server connectivity and functionality!

Question on the item interface when Stairs is entered I can only find a sandstone stair square in the list. I end up having to place that and then hue it to match grey stone squares that would be used under grey stone stairs. Is there any way to include more of those squares in the interface when you use the term "Stairs"? Or is there a better way for me to find them already?

Attachments

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I went and tested this and found a issue I'll fix for the update, it doesn't match your issue directly but it should help and with some information on why it is the way it is!

First what I found, when using the search, I couldn't enter a space in between stone stairs which would help isolate the results, this will be corrected to allow more then one word for searches!

As for your issue on the name of the ID, I did find all the other stone stairs lower in the list with the search term stairs, so they are there but they are all called stone stairs, there is no defining name for each type of stone stair! The reason is that the information is drawn from TileData, which is not descriptive by default! I do have the option so you can export and edit the CSV file for the art look up, you can add better names for the art there. In the future when the tool is finished, I might go in and do it myself but this would be last on my list as 60k+ items is a lot of work to go through and name properly!

Reactions: Diesel

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
GoldDraco13 updated UO Black Box - Open Beta with a new update entry:

Update - Major

(This update is optional, so if you do not want to move to the new tool, stay with version 1.0.0.2)

***OneTime Is needed for the tool to work, make sure you install OneTime as well as the server scripts instructed below!

-This is the Last Update for this Beta Post, I will be making a new post with the release version, which is a copy of this version as the starting point!

+Lots has changed, all the set up has been moved to the the start up, it is all automated now.

instructions!
To set...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Diesel

Gold Donator
Sep 7, 2014
Shard Name
Reposting for anyone who has trouble installing Blackbox on their computer and receives a warning like this below:

Can't install program on Windows 10 "Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed on your computer"

Go to this web site and follow the directions to edit your Registry.

https://superuser.com/questions/125...plication-due-to-security-settings-windows-10

Once you do it will allow you to install UOBlackBox without further problems.

Reactions: GoldDraco13

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I just want to add that I do have a Certificate from Sectigo RSA Code Signing CA added to this project, I did not purchase a smart screen certificate, I couldn't afford to do both and I believe this has cause some headaches with windows security as they want money in the guise of protecting you from malicious software, but in fact it is nothing more then another cash grab for a certificate for nothing really IMO.

I don't feel me spending money, protects you! I will say that they do look at your app if you want to post it to there store but the certificates are a joke, more about proving who I am and making money, not just on the certificate fee, but the lawyer that has to draft up the documents needed! Anyways, that was my rant on this!

My Personal Promise to you all!
I personally have done everything in my power to keep this code safe and free of anything that could be deemed malicious, majority of the functioning code is in the server scripts and open to inspection and once I feel the UI code is presentable, cleaned up and ready for forking, I'll post the project to GitHub.

Diesel

Gold Donator
Sep 7, 2014
Shard Name
This is probably an issue with my Norton Anti Virus not any problem with GoldDraco's code or certificates.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
The export directory is now where all the files go that blackbox makes tool side, it must be set before using the tool, I would have picked one but over the last few months, one complaint that kept popping up was people wanted to pick the location, so I updated the tool to handle this request!