kartman submitted a new resource:

UO Custom art work - custom art, chair, doors , fireplace, wardrobe, closet , table

Hello UO community,

Long time has past ! Back in 2006 year I made custom Ultima Online art work. As well maybe some day I will find other works related to Ultima Online ,

but for now I would love to share to Ultima Online community as an free upgrade. Some of works I published in my personal website.

anicegoodies.files.wordpress.com_2015_06_post_large_41.png

Version - 1.0
  • 78 bmp files / 28 item
  • credits
  • website
  • as well donation shop
  • copy rights...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
kartman updated UO Custom art work with a new update entry:

UO Custom Art Work (minor changes )

Hello UO community ,

Long time has past ! Back in 2006 year I made custom Ultima Online art work. As well maybe some day I will find other works related to Ultima Online ,

but for now I would love to share to Ultima Online community as an free upgrade. Some of works I published in my personal website.

More then welcome to give feed back.

preview: ( items are bit more colorful than usually it is in UO )...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice thanks for sharing with the community :) I have a question about your evil bag :)
There are new bags -some other's have figured out how to add these and use them as a backpack-the problem comes in
with any items in the bag. They will only place on one side of the backpack instead of placing within the bag as a normal one would. Just wondering have you also found this problem with new backpacks? Thanks!

Very nice thanks for sharing with the community :) I have a question about your evil bag :)
There are new bags -some other's have figured out how to add these and use them as a backpack-the problem comes in
with any items in the bag. They will only place on one side of the backpack instead of placing within the bag as a normal one would. Just wondering have you also found this problem with new backpacks? Thanks!

Thanks for good words. I did this back in 2005 , long time pass . I don't remember but here is interesting source which could maybe answer to your question: https://www.servuo.com/archive/7-custom-backpack-sets.310/ + great video via Safera
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Correct but Safera was the person who just could not figure out the problem with items in the backpack, thanks :)

kartman updated UO Custom art work with a new update entry:

Glance of UO " LandFall " pack

" LandFall " intro -

Ages of digging and historical studies of architecture techniques. Human improved the technics to reach the best materials which never was possible to get. Digging powerful and strong jewels , stones etc. Strongest woods was founded top of mountains. All this materials where used strength the buildings and changing the environment that cities can build strong structures.​

Classic style mixed with now days modern gaming. Inspired by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello UO community , how is going ? This weeks where hard work and lot of things are made and changed for "LandFall".
I hope as soon as possible I will finish some part of "UO LandFall" Upgrade. To remind you: I am doing it in spare time.

From this point since I am polishing the graphics ,
your welcome to leave a comment and ideas what is missing in current Ultima Online game.

anicegoodies.files.wordpress.com_2015_07_servuo_com_ultima_online_landfall.png
See you , peace !

( the wooden doors are original from Ultima Online game, but other things are custom art )

Attachments

• Ultima-Online-LandFall.png
    Ultima-Online-LandFall.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Just wanted to say @kartman I really enjoy viewing your art style! I'm sure that I speak for everyone who downloads or uses your art that we are all entirely grateful for you sharing your hard work with us. I hope you keep producing such amazing art and I can't wait to see the magic oven completed. :) Landfall hype for me is real!

Just wanted to say @kartman I really enjoy viewing your art style! I'm sure that I speak for everyone who downloads or uses your art that we are all entirely grateful for you sharing your hard work with us. I hope you keep producing such amazing art and I can't wait to see the magic oven completed. :) Landfall hype for me is real!

Thank you for your great words @Hank . From now it's only available to download at ServUO community. Don't want spread too much, because it's not that stable and unfinished details in graphics.

I am very great full that this project is "Featured Resources".
As well I hope you don't mind add you in Landfall preview video. Have a pleasant day :) !

Last edited:
Hello UO community , you can get LandFall 2.0.0 graphics today !

All you have to do is to apply for User Test - Developer Preview. More detailed description on my private blog link

reason I did it because form the community people where asking "When it will be released ? , Where I can download ? etc"
... Based on it I made choice that you can download and test it out before the official 2.0.0v release. As well it will help to fix bugs in graphics.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
( I get question: "How to apply User Test - Developer Preview ?" ... I made video to guide you )

all the best,
Kartman

How do you go about adding a functioning chair to UO? This has always puzzled me. I've used UOFiddler and MULPatcher and neither program has any form of tiledata that references how a player interacts with a chair-type item. They just end up standing on the chair as if it is a floor tile. As a result, I've had to skip every custom graphic I've ever found and discontinue development on my own personal artwork for custom chairs for my server. =(

Is there a work around for this short of cracking ore reverse engineering the client to force it to react with new chairs you add to the game? (also, I'm only looking to ADD new artwork, I'm not interested in overwriting the OSI artwork)

Like your style and imagination. Just a suggestion. As not all do it. The sun hits the wall on the south side and the east side is in shadow. Image1.png You can make a layer of grey color and then change the layer properties to make it overlay ect... Translucent whatever looks best.

How do you go about adding a functioning chair to UO? This has always puzzled me. I've used UOFiddler and MULPatcher and neither program has any form of tiledata that references how a player interacts with a chair-type item. They just end up standing on the chair as if it is a floor tile. As a result, I've had to skip every custom graphic I've ever found and discontinue development on my own personal artwork for custom chairs for my server. =(

Is there a work around for this short of cracking ore reverse engineering the client to force it to react with new chairs you add to the game? (also, I'm only looking to ADD new artwork, I'm not interested in overwriting the OSI artwork)
I believe you can't. Like doors. They are hard coded to the client.exe I think. You can replace a chair image though. Or you can simply make the chair for aesthetics only and non functioning. Like a bad guys throne... I may be wrong. Just from my experiences. I know people who can and do edit the .exe and make magic happen. Like changing the wrap points on a map. The part where you sail a boat to edge of map and pop onto the other side. So maybe someone at this skill level could make more working chairs. Dunno.

@otimpyre, the link I posted above adds an "invisible" chair under new chair graphics, allowing you to sit on them. It worked perfectly fine on my old RunUO server. You should check it out.

I only just stumbled onto this post, its been a while since I've seen some new uo art. Kartman your artwork is really awesome. There is something about your style that really makes the artwork stick out. Also a big thank you for making your artwork available, as someone who enjoys making maps its such a rare pleasure to have new blocks to work with.

I only just stumbled onto this post, its been a while since I've seen some new uo art. Kartman your artwork is really awesome. There is something about your style that really makes the artwork stick out. Also a big thank you for making your artwork available, as someone who enjoys making maps its such a rare pleasure to have new blocks to work with.

FrancisMarsten I really appreciate your words. People like you motives me to create something new.

I am happy to have made your day. As long as your inspired I say keep doing what your doing, its good stuff.

Also thank you for sharing more tiles. I really like how you tend to put a little height into tiles. There is far too much flat stuff in the uo art, just a bit a height variance can go a long way to make a urban space less dull. A subtle details but a detail none the less :)

Greetings to everyone , first of all thank you for your support. It's really great to hear feedback and comments from you UO community. it means alot for me to build and create game assets. Before I continue with the journey of LandFall project. There is few things what should be made - Key points:
  • Interactive
  • Unique environments
  • Easy to use ( block elements )
  • Logo for this expansion
  • Cover poster for Landfall project
I believe that creating classic assets are boring but to make it with style and uniq approach can bring something new for Ultima franchise. Here is a link with few sketches for upcoming update.

... Last think would like to give shout out for Collin Low - he creates amazing custom maps for UO but recently there team lost the code from there shard. If your coder and willing to help them then please contact.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 3.56.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 3.56.03 PM.png
    277 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back