Hi folks,

I've recently starting using UO Fiddler to add in custom artwork for weapons. So I've followed all the tutorials and forum posts I can find, but my client is still crashing when I go to equip a custom item. I tested my script for the custom item and it works fine with one of the base graphics UO comes with. The steps I've been following are:

1. Load the gump art in between ranges 5,0000 to 59999
  2. Find load the item art in a free slot, I've tried a wide range.
  3. Update the Tile Data with a name, anim ID of the gump, wearable, weapon, An article.
  4. Saved everything and dropped the new files into my UO folder
  5. updated the bodydef to just the gump, animation # and hue
  6. Updated the script with the ID
  7. Spawn the item in game, which works fine
  8. equipping the item shows it on the paperdoll then crashes the client (not the server)
  9. I'm using windows 10, UO fiddler 4.9, client 7.0.20 and servuo 57
It seems to work fine it I use an item slot marked "unused", but it will always crash if I use a red "free slot". I've tried a wide range of low and high numbers, without success. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Free slots are not recognized well by the client.

You are correct, you will have to use the Unused slots for all items you don't intend to just be statics. Ironically, use unused slots for anything you want to use.

Thanks for the info. There seems to be a decent number of unused slots, I'll just have to ration them out and make sure I save them for static objects.
Cheers

Back