I have so many different UO Fiddlers now, and I can't seem to get any of them to work. Does anyone have a working copy of UO Fiddler that has the plug in's included that they would give me.

Thank You

Hi AsYlum, first of all thank you for making the UOFiddler that i used for so many years.
i have exported the .uoa file and saved changes in my mul files. But my server loads the art from MultiCollection.uop file, do you know how can i generate this file?

Thank you!

I couldn't get the Fiddler at the github you posted to work for me. I'm using Fiddler 4.6 with the plugin's installed and I can compile all the art work into the proper .uop file right from that version of fiddler, it works great.

AsYlum, thank you for the info.
The conversion worked,i was able to convert my multi.mul and multi.idx to a new MultiCollection.uop. but:

As it says in the GitHub:
"WARNING: since MultiCollection.uop contains an additional file named "housing.bin", which has an unknown content, the repack option needs it into the working folder to include it in the uop. It won't be automatically generated. To obtain it, it's sufficient to unpack a vanilla MultiCollection.uop. I suggest to work on and repack an updated multi.mul, since it's possible that housing.bin contains informations about some multis that aren't included in the uop if you repack an old multi.mul. In that case, there's the probability that the client will crash when accessing to that file."

I tried to Unpack my Multicollection.uop but i didnt get a Housing.bin. also there is no housing.bin in my UO installation directory.

Do you have this housing.bin file? i dont know how to generate it.

and the unpacker generates an multiidx.idx file, that is different from the file it was in my UO folder, (multi.idx) . If i just rename it to multi.idx will work?

Thank you!!

AsYlum, thank you for the info.
The conversion worked,i was able to convert my multi.mul and multi.idx to a new MultiCollection.uop. but:

As it says in the GitHub:
"WARNING: since MultiCollection.uop contains an additional file named "housing.bin", which has an unknown content, the repack option needs it into the working folder to include it in the uop. It won't be automatically generated. To obtain it, it's sufficient to unpack a vanilla MultiCollection.uop. I suggest to work on and repack an updated multi.mul, since it's possible that housing.bin contains informations about some multis that aren't included in the uop if you repack an old multi.mul. In that case, there's the probability that the client will crash when accessing to that file."

I tried to Unpack my Multicollection.uop but i didnt get a Housing.bin. also there is no housing.bin in my UO installation directory.

Do you have this housing.bin file? i dont know how to generate it.

and the unpacker generates an multiidx.idx file, that is different from the file it was in my UO folder, (multi.idx) . If i just rename it to multi.idx will work?

Thank you!!
housing.bin is one of the files in multicollection.uop. You can get slightly updated mythic package editor by Pinco and extract that file https://github.com/pincoide/Mythic-Package-Editor-EC- from your multicollection.uop file.

1613516568498.png
The file is binary definition that is in older client stored in few .txt files like doors.txt, floors.txt etc. I think this may be related to custom housing gumps but I'm not really sure.

As for multi.idx well... it should match your multi.mul

So the right way of editing would be to unpack multi.idx and multi.mul, modify them and pack along with extracted housing.bin into .uop.

Hey AsYlum!

i was able to extract the housing.bin from my multicollection.uop editing the sourcecode from the converter!!
(for whoever are trying to extract it just edit the line where it exports the housing.bin. 1613518395217.png)

So, first of all i got a housing.bin from the original multicollection.uop and saved it for future use.
then i used the UOFiddler to save new changes in a house multi like the image.
Got the multi.mul and multi.idx saved from UOFiddler, mixed up with my housing.bin and Packed a new multicollection.uop.
then i threw the multicollection.uop to my UO folder, but it doesnt seen to work, i cant see the the "new" house i created in UO. do you know what could i be missing? 1613518226259.png
Post automatically merged:

I think the converter its not working well.
I made another test, i got the original multicollection.uop file, unpacked, and repacked with the samefiles, and tried to use in UO, and then the houses stop to work properly, i cant see it anymore

Update, i discovered that if it unpack and repack with the same files, but select the option With Compression, then works!!

But i cant open the UOFIddler with the multi uncompressed, it crasshes

Everytime i Unpack the files from the original multicollection file, its gerantes the multi.mul and multi.idx without compression, the filles have like 4mb, and i cant open it in uofiddler, it crashes. but if i get this same multi file and repack it with compression, i can make it work again in UO, i can see the houses and placing it.

The problem is when i pickup the saved multi.mul from the UO Fiddler, and pack them to a new multicollectionfile, it doesnt work in UO, i cant see the houses.

Last edited:
Well maybe on weekend I will have some time to do few tests. I haven't looked much into uop and clients after 7.0.32.1 . Which client version are you using?

Looks like in latest classic client multis in mutlicollection.uop have some additional data that is unpacked in wrong way. I don't know when it was changed so well looks like for now there is no tool that can support that. But hmm... the multi.mul files are still present so that is kinda weird.

Last edited:
AsYlum, how does storing tiledata.mul work? in older versions 4.6 it was possible to save diacritics, but in the latest version 4.9.8 it did not work. Even though I save the csv to UTF encoding, I still couldn't put the diacritics in the tiledata file. Do you think that could be fixed?
I'll just add, maybe it's not on the UO Fiddler side, but on the latest tiledata.mul file. That's also a possible cause, but I don't know, I'm not sure.

AsYlum, how does storing tiledata.mul work? in older versions 4.6 it was possible to save diacritics, but in the latest version 4.9.8 it did not work. Even though I save the csv to UTF encoding, I still couldn't put the diacritics in the tiledata file. Do you think that could be fixed?
I'll just add, maybe it's not on the UO Fiddler side, but on the latest tiledata.mul file. That's also a possible cause, but I don't know, I'm not sure.
Well in general tiledata only support ASCII labels that are 20 characters long so it can kinda work with diacritics but only with the subset from ASCII range. Can you give me an example of test string that can't be saved?

Older versions used default OS encoding when exporting/importing CSV for tiledata and probably this allowed on some systems saving diacritics. Now it uses ASCII as it should. The interesting part is did it work in client? I think it can't render most of the "special" characters properly because of limits in uo fonts?

Usually you have to modify clilocs in certain range to have full descriptions that support unicode characters there is number range mapped to tiledata items there. For single click and other packets it uses cliloc instead of tiledata.

I mean this still can be wrong but I haven't found official file with encoding other than ASCII either way we have 20 bytes there for label so it's either 20 characters in ASCII or it's less if we use utf8 because some characters will take 2 bytes instead of 1. If you have any tiledata.mul file that uses diacritics that worok please send it to me I'd like to check this ;)

Last edited:
We are negotiating a Discord. Then I will write the result here. It's a more complicated problem than we thought.

Back