xG00BERx

https://uo.com/endless-journey/

Free to Play UO

Thoughts? It sure will be nice to be able to test shit for free..
What does Endless Journey cost?

Endless Journey accounts are free to access.

What is Endless Journey?

Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription.

I could see this being useful to an extent for ServUO development...more people would be able to gather more data. But at the same time, with all the listed restrictions they plan to implement, plus I'm sure they'll add more restrictions before it's live, it would make gathering that data a bit more difficult as opposed to someone with a paid account.

This is good and bad at once :D .
I mean they dont tell you how big the vault is by default but I assume its gonna be tiny. For wich you have to pay money to increase it. Wich makes you wonder if it wouldnt be better to pay for the account in general to get the full bank and being able to have a house or at least open a stupid container in a house.

But I think for testing and recreating the features + bug fixing? Thats not bad at all. What happens to the trials though?

This is good and bad at once :D .
I mean they dont tell you how big the vault is by default but I assume its gonna be tiny. For wich you have to pay money to increase it. Wich makes you wonder if it wouldnt be better to pay for the account in general to get the full bank and being able to have a house or at least open a stupid container in a house.

But I think for testing and recreating the features + bug fixing? Thats not bad at all. What happens to the trials though?

Not sure as far as test accounts.. but I think between my family members and I we have a few accounts and some have up to high seas so I’ll probably pay for TOL just to make my account endless journey to simply play for free on test center and have access to everything.

That should be how it could work if I understand... atleast up to SA is free and open which means fine tuning SA for ServUO life will be better.

I can understand not being able to place a house, but not having a Bank box? that's a major "con"
Log into “OSI” or Broadsword or whatever it’s being called now days and you will see that it’s all a “con” I don’t understand 90% of the things that they do over there.. so thank god for ServUO and the free open source emulation community.

Log into “OSI” or Broadsword or whatever it’s being called now days and you will see that it’s all a “con” I don’t understand 90% of the things that they do over there.. so thank god for ServUO and the free open source emulation community.
Last year or so a friend dragged me back into official servers. You can basically pay to win now. Buy a god suit, buy a fully trained perfect pet, buy castles, it goes on and on. Buy deco. Family gamers have turned UO into a family businesses. They use shard transfer shields to bring rares, and pets from all shards. I am talking they have real time chat and in game delivery services. I logged on to the site made a purchase contacted the website through real time chat was told it takes an hour to transfer. Person logged in and handed me my items. Shard I was on had a rich player who had 19 accounts and 19 houses in luna. He nearly owned all of luna. Biggest difference from UO/Emulatinon I had seen is rubble, from the magincia event. There are rubble items everywhere. That is a major item, deco, rare base that freeshards don't have. Freeshards merely repaired magincia, and released the raffle system. All that took place after the destruction event of Magincia. http://www.uoguide.com/Rubble That is about the only thing I wish emulators had replicated. It does allow for some amazing houses. Also event moderators have houses and are allowed to create event items on official servers so there are many strange custom colored items from all sorts of odd events and quests run by EMs. Also the EMs have houses decorated with all their Event items. When you see and EM house it really raises and eyebrow. Like "What is all this?" But, the player mentality of UO is completely different to Freeshard mentality. I am used to a group of friends we share and do everything together on a freeshard. When I went to UO they were oblivious to freeshards. My template baffled them. Necro,Mage,Weaver,Tamer. They were oblivious to UOSteam/Razor. I mean they were actually using UO macros made in the macro tab. I was like Uggg you cavemen. They roll on loot for the most part and drop group for loot packs. Nobody trusts anybody on UO lol. Champ spawns were very different. Differences I hated. Raids had groups of ninjas. Bleh.... I returned to my freeshard after about a month. And left everything to a friend. It was fun to see the differences at least.

Back