Status
Not open for further replies.
ParanoiaPhD submitted a new resource:

UO LANDSCAPER 1.5 - MODDED FOR SMOOTH LAND AND MOUNTAINS - Create smooth hills and transitions using this modified version of UOL.

Use this modded version of UOL to convert highmaps generated with programs or extracted from other games into ultima online altitude maps. It might not be spot on perfect without some modifications to either the altitude.xml and swatch or the image itself using filters and stuff in photoshop.

It's actually incredibly frustrating trying to get this right so I will eventually post a youtube video tutorial on how to make this easy and run into zero issues.

Included is a blank template that...

Read more about this resource...

I think I probably know why it doesn't work. Note that in the original UOL in the System folder, all aspects are defined in the Altitude.xml file. Not just mountains or land. It seems it could be useless, it lacks logical thinking. But the opposite is true. As you can see in the picture you sent me to Discord. Grass and Mountains. It will make a mistake. I asked myself, Why is that? Precisely because there is no definition for raising the grass by one point. All aspects (Mountain, Land, Other and Wather) must be defined one point at a time. Then it will work. The program, if it is not defined, does not know the height you want for the water and then does the nonsense. Or by the grass. In other words, he does not see that where the mountain is to end at height 23 and the grass does not have that height defined, he does not know how to generate it. He needs to see in the xml file that the mountain and the grass have 23 defined. This is an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back