StaticZ submitted a new resource:

UO patcher - ept, pat

This is small standalone patcher, which allows to patch any client and it's data to any version you wish by applying original osi patches (*.pat and *.ept files). It also allows to try to apply patches from other version if there are no valid patches to your client. As OSI turned off patch server its don't work any more and getting patches isn't easy task. But with time community collect handreds of them and you can download them here. I wish...

Read more about this resource...

Nice work on the patch function!

If anyone find any new ones I'm still interested.

One note from my own old test: a client patched with gold could not switch to aos2d because some crc values did not match and patch failed. Seems like map files only are partial updates and not full varions in the patches.

This is the collected patches:
gold_win32
( 1-25-35g to 5-0-8-4 )
aos2d_win32 ( 4-0-10a to 6-0-14-3 )
uoml_win32 ( 4-0-11c1 to 5-0-9-1 )
uosa_win32 ( 6-0-14-4 to 7-0-24-2 )

This is the patches signatures I have found trace of so far:
Win32_UO_Gold 127
Win32_UOTD 113
Win32_LBR2D 26
Win32_LBR3D 27
Win32_AOS2D 11
Win32_AOS3D 12

OSI are using the follow version of patch tools for old clients:
PATCH Version 4.00 - .RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System
PATCH Version 7.00 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System

4.0 from gold_win32_1-25-35g to gold_win32_4-0-0p4
7.0 from gold_win32_4-0-0p5 and forward

I have found an eval version of the patcher (can create new patches) with version 6.50

Edit: Added a full patch log for a gold client from gold_win32_1-25-35g.rtp to uosa_win32_7-0-2-2.

-Grim

Attachments

• patchlog.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This is the collected patches:
gold_win32
( 1-25-35g to 5-0-8-4 )
aos2d_win32 ( 4-0-10a to 6-0-14-3 )
uoml_win32 ( 4-0-11c1 to 5-0-9-1 )
uosa_win32 ( 6-0-14-4 to 7-0-24-2 )
Except uosa other have missed patches and 1 patch is damaged.

This is the patches signatures I have found trace of so far:
Win32_UO_Gold 127
Win32_UOTD 113
Win32_LBR2D 26
Win32_LBR3D 27
Win32_AOS2D 11
Win32_AOS3D 12
There are also Win32_SE, Win32_UO_Shared, Win32_client_555

Except uosa other have missed patches and 1 patch is damaged.
Yes, patch gold_win32_5-0-8-4 is damages, I did rip that patches from http://download.uosecondage.com/patches/

I have been trying to collecting the other files under many years. After a hard disk disaster I lost over 300 GB of UO related data (Luckily the patch library was stored in two locations) and XeroX helped me with a mirror of my patch library at http://mirror.ashkantra.de/patches/ to save it from disappearing in another crash in the future and make them public.

Before the driver crash I started on a project to recreate missing patches I had a full patch from secondage up to today's client stored and with a version of RTPatch(R) Professional 7.00 (I can't find this version anywhere) it might have been possible to recreate some of the missing patches like gold_win32_5-0-8-4. This failed sins I lost all of the client files. The log file is from that installation series.

All clients was backed up to www.uoavocation.org by gametec. The site is gone and I guess that all client saved might be lost forever.

There are also Win32_SE, Win32_UO_Shared, Win32_client_555
Win32_client_555 is for pre UO:T2A or beta patches in that era. I think it was the signatures for the first release of UO.
Win32_UO_Shared is added in the second line of the patch version control file, I don't know why since the patches that have same shared number from different era don't match. Might be that a newer era might be able to patch the old era files in a installation?
Win32_SE is completely new to me never seen them before but it makes sense.

Thank you I will update my list.

-Grim

Last edited:
the uopatcher.exe is in the uo folder along with a patch folder i added. nothing seems to register I just have to erase \patch and \uodat it find it all but it wont go through 1584831281300.png

anyone can help me with the patcher because i'm trying to patch the uo second age client to 5.0.8.3 because i wanna play on uo renaissance online server
the uopatcher.exe is in the uo folder along with a patch folder i added. nothing seems to register I just have to erase \patch and \uodat it find it all but it wont go through View attachment 14939
got the same error for unknown reasons
guys i'm trying to get ultima online to work without issues despite it works fine on modern systems the only problem is by patching the client

Last edited:
Back