Status
Not open for further replies.
ParanoiaPhD submitted a new resource:

UO_Landscaper_1.4.0 [MODDED TO MAKE SMOOTH MAPS] - Make silky smooth maps without Centred+ XD

This is simply UO_Landscaper_1.4.0 with a modified altitude.xml and altitude swatch. It was developed on photoshop and only works with photoshop as far as I know. To make silky smooth maps use photoshop and the "81-255 + water [100% working]" color swatch with the altitude map. As long as you use only the colors in the swatch and save it as indexed mode using the swatch it will compile nicely. An example map is included just drop into client 7.0.20.0 and boot up. Type [go 10 10 100 and start...

Read more about this resource...

I'll test, it sounds interesting.

PS for administrators: I gave a report, and that was probably a mistake. So sorry. I confused the Forum function. Thanks for understanding.

I study your adaptation and find that it is not so difficult. If I'm not mistaken, you only modified the xml files to adjust the heights and generated a new color palette. It's a pity you didn't use the newer UO Landscaper 1.5. It has more options. So I'll try when I have time to adjust for all the height materials. It's an interesting idea. Good work.

It takes a long time lol just remember the key is the order of the swatch from top to bottom it matters to get the keys synced up. Can yo post a link to the newer 1.5 ive never heard of it. But yeah you wont get much more out of this idea if the map maker program can only read 8bit images as you’re limited to 256 colors. Sorry if you got your hopes up but yeah i already did so… lol. This is about as good as it gets if you do want to upgrade this the only thing I recommend is adding a mountain and and an other color to the swatch. You can put in a few different heights to get the transitions from rock to whatever but us centred to make them rumple. Also you can add a few different heights of water too to get some lakes hear and there but yeah we are limited to 256 with this program.

so that post you made in my post begging for translucent water was xmls from 1.5? I thought you made your own 4-way transitions lol yea man if u have original 1.5 we could use it here id be happy to do this again with 1.5

Last edited:
Yes, it was version 1.5. I downloaded it here at ServUO. But as I look, someone deleted it from the repository. Then I'll send it to you.
When you unpack it, you will find all versions of UOL there. You need to have UOGold installed for good functionality. You can find that at my Repo: 11.42 GB folder on MEGA

Attachments

• [ServUO.com]-UOLandscaper.rar
    7.5 MB · Views: 24
Thanks golfin! I have time today so i will definitely work on this and check it out. I just wish it had 16 bit altitude and terrain maps. But ill see if it does. Kinda getting my hopes up here but i know its only going to 8 bit
Post automatically merged:

It looks like all you need to do is drag and drop my altitude xml from 1.4 to 1.5 as they are identical. Easy peezy

Last edited:
I would definitely finish the heights for Other, they will be the most important. Grass is not so important and water is not so important. Mountains can be generated randomly. Otherwise yes, it is an 8bit format.

It is a pity that someone deleted this version here on SertvUO. I have been using it for perhaps the fourth year. And I'm finishing other materials and procedures in it. So I'm thinking of backing up my programs. Somehow it gets lost here, on ServUO.

Well i plan to publish various versions of it. This one is just a proof of concept. Im working on a new version for using height maps from other games ;) it would be good to keep back ups i back up all tools that i use into one drive.

so as for the mountains my plan is to set a few heights to get them into the map the rough them up with centred. Like low medium high based on the needs of the map. Just to get transitions in there.
Post automatically merged:

1622396889720.jpeg

Last edited:
Just want to update this post… ive been working on a new version that will incorporate mountains in increments of 2 full spectrum but only odds so like 127 greys which i will likely remove some from im basically going to create a template that you can apply to your hight map then modify your altitude xml to use as many colors as possible as every map has different needs. So next version will require removal of colors from the swatch to reduce to 256 max colors, removal of colors from the altitude xml and then adding the keys. There will be a tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back