I've been banging my head on this all weekend. I'm running client 7.0.15.1 (high Seas) and UOFiddler 4.6. I am trying to add a wearable item, I've followed several guides multiple multiple times. I can inject the item and gump art fine and see it in game. The item is defined in body.def and the server is pointed at the same set of files, the item is scripted and spawns fine. But when I put the info into tiledata such as slot, associated animation etc... and move that file to the client, the game gets all jacked up, there are black gaps everywhere on the ground and movement is messed up.
The item will have the correct item art and on clicking displays the right stats from the script but is not equip-able. Restoring the original tiledata.mul puts everything back to normal but of course the item is just art at that point. I thought it might be the "New map size" check box in UOFiddler but it doesn't seem to matter either way. I have one replacement map but the issue also happens on the regular map. It seems like UOFiddler cannot save a tiledata for me that works. My Google-fu is failing me, any ideas?

Thanks,
Clint

Hello. I have not used UOFiddler, but have done various art tests over the years. I know that the client can get strange about stuff being "added" to the game. You might try "replacing" instead. In other words, find an existing wearable item that you don't mind getting rid of, like ninja pants or something, and replace the whole set with your new stuff.

Also, check this link, if you haven't already:

http://www.servuo.com/threads/uofiddler-and-custom-graphics.1168/

That is interesting, I will run some control experiments tonight. I will load and save the vanilla files for the current server and a stock server and see if I get the same issue.

Back