So I know the ServUO supports the Kindom Reborn client and it looks much better than the original. Most of the threads I see on here are super old and outdated and I seem to be having issues finding straightforward documentation on getting a server to work with the client. I have a couple questions for anyone using it in this day and age.

- Is the KR client fully supported or is there still a ton of work around scripting to be done? A lot of what I am seeing is there are gump issues of sorts, but like I said the threads I find are super old.

- Do people seem to prefer the KR client or is it like the 3d client and kind of dead these days and people just use the OG client?

- Finally is there any documentation available someplace on what to edit to get the KR client to work with the server. I am lost from a client and server perspective.

Thanks for any information.

I think KR was totally abandoned by the emulator scene. You're missing the 3rd option: Classic UO.

It's like the original UO but with actual 3D rendering to support far more graphics options. If that's not fancy enough for you there's always the Enhanced Client directly from EA / Broadsword that *is* supported by ServUO. It's got all the eye candy of KR and many times more.

Reactions: ExX
I don't think the KR client is even around anymore. OSI went to the Enhanced Client. (just a new version of KR).

Enhanced works great. I am using the Enhanced Client only. I would not play on Classic. It works great, with no tweaks. The hotbars and macros are more than enough to make it better (of course the better looking critters help too). There are occasional glitches in the backpack, where the grid comes out of the bag. But you just close and reopen the bag and it is fixed. That is the only issue I have seen with it.

I really miss the LBR era 3D client.

Reactions: ExX
I am so stupid. I am sorry. I meant the enhanced client. Wow, I feel old now. Is there any special setup to get the enhanced client to work with servuo from client and server perspective?

I can't seem to find proper documentation on how to get it working easily.

You just need a launcher for it since it doesn't work with Razor or the others.

Luckily Argalep made a nice one:

Just install the Enhanced Client, then the launcher, and you're ready to rock.

I would have adopted the EC for my current project in a heartbeat except you can't edit any of its files yet and a custom cliloc is vital for what I'm doing.

Back