ServUO supports UOKR? Tried to run through SAloader, the server writes "Enhanced Client Detected" and then "Disconnected".
It comes only under the administrator's login
:)

Last edited:
I've been working on a drop-in EC support package, server part is done, still working on finishing the script support..
I did notice a push with EC code going into ServUO yesterday, but seems to have been reverted due to issues,
I also noticed it was missing parts in the cs files that were pushed.

I plan to finish it even if ServUO is deciding to start adding EC support as it recently appears.
One benefit of my drop in system is, it drops into pre-existing shards without effecting them,
and is removable at will, without effecting them.
Although I have no clue as to what ServUO's plans are, as I've seen no discussion about it..

Anyways, I figured a solution was needed where the server core and main scripts basically have no changes made..
So that's what I started working on. If ServUO has decided to finally support it as it seems, I guess its still viable for RunUO,
and I enjoy solving issues for practice anyways. :)

ServUO supports UOKR? Tried to run through SAloader, the server writes "Enhanced Client Detected" and then "Disconnected".
It comes only under the administrator's login
:)

Hi, phistan!

Officially, not supported.
But there are some people working to make it playable (I, myself, only play with EC).
Create a char with the Classic Client and try to login with EC after.
I'm positive you are disconnecting because your client version.
Mine is patched up to the max and working nice.
=)
[doublepost=1486146106][/doublepost]
I've been working on a drop-in EC support package, server part is done, still working on finishing the script support..
I did notice a push with EC code going into ServUO yesterday, but seems to have been reverted due to issues,
I also noticed it was missing parts in the cs files that were pushed.

I plan to finish it even if ServUO is deciding to start adding EC support as it recently appears.
One benefit of my drop in system is, it drops into pre-existing shards without effecting them,
and is removable at will, without effecting them.
Although I have no clue as to what ServUO's plans are, as I've seen no discussion about it..

Anyways, I figured a solution was needed where the server core and main scripts basically have no changes made..
So that's what I started working on. If ServUO has decided to finally support it as it seems, I guess its still viable for RunUO,
and I enjoy solving issues for practice anyways. :)

Hi, Fraz!

Have you ever thought about pull request small fixes at a time?
I proposed a very minor fix the other day, making the ec hotbar functional, and correcting the context menu missing strings, and it was accepted!

As I see, as long as the code don't intefere with the Classic Client, and if it is on par with the ServUO code standards, the devs will have all the pleasure in the world at testing and accepting it.

I would benefit immensely if you did this, since I only play PVM and with EC.

Thanks!

=)

Last edited:
That's cool! Up until yesterday I thought ServUO didn't want EC support included..
So i went the other route.. if I had been aware, I would have pushed much updated EC code some time ago.

Now that I've spent a lot of time making it a seperate drop-in, its quite a bit different than what is being pushed to ServUO atm..
I guess it would have been nice to know a project decision was made to start using it...

At least when I finish it up, if there are any fixes in it, that aren't in the ServUO version, they can be isolated and merged in.

There is a big push now (that might need a few more changes before accepted) waiting as we speak, so I'm thinking you'll see EC support in the very near future here.

It looks like the code that came out of SE:GOW though, so I probably do know where some fixes may be needed..
I'll look it all over once it gets accepted.

I can relate with the problem at saying " we do EC now!".
People would make the bug report page (myself included) a flood of requests.

If we keep doing happy little fixes, without the commitment of get all the things done and done blazing fast, that day will come.

I mean... think about it. Right now, there are nothing making the EC unplayable. Faces are cosmetic. Even the grid thing, you have the Legacy alternative. You can't rename runes. But... imo, those things are desirable, but not mandatory if you are playing knowing that EC is a work in progress.

Just to note.., all the things you mentioned have already been fixed. I think even in the current PR that Argelep has waiting.. but not 100% certain.

OH man, I would LOVE to try this out. I think I used the EC client one time YEARS ago on a shard we were doing, but never got a chance to really mess around with it much. I'm all ears... er... eyes on looking for this to come in the near future. :D

Hi, phistan!

Officially, not supported.
But there are some people working to make it playable (I, myself, only play with EC).
Create a char with the Classic Client and try to login with EC after.
I'm positive you are disconnecting because your client version.
Mine is patched up to the max and working nice.
=)

=)

Hi, Maicom Stoppa.
I knew about the pre-registration through the Classic Client, but it is not convenient:(

Back