ai.gyazo.com_554241a81116d7002dc287bae70896fe.png

Any ideas as to why this was occurring? I have used both UOL and MapEditor2 in an attempt to mush these .bmp files together. MapEditor2 did great expect it failed to popular my world with statics, like trees, rocks, and flowers. I did not want to add these by hand. So now I am trying UOL, and everything seems good up until this point.

Something notable: It only has this error with these particular .bmp files. I just attempted to re-compile an old map, and it did so successfully. I'll post both sets of map images. I also ran the small map .bmp's through raduolchecker, which checks for discrepancies between pixels; it claimed to find none. The larger landmass is the first and successful version.

Maybe another option, but I am an inexperienced UO CentrED+ user; What would be an estimable timeframe on trying to populate the landmass with trees and statics using that program?

Attachments

• AltitudeSuccess.bmp
    28 MB · Views: 2
  • TerrainSuccess.bmp
    28 MB · Views: 3
  • AltitudeFailure.bmp
    28 MB · Views: 1
  • TerrainFailure.bmp
    28 MB · Views: 1
The bmp for TerrainFailure is not correct because the colormap for the bmp file is incorrect.
This is a problematic hoop that can be difficult to get through.

I decided to move a majority of this post to the UO Landscaper resource thread. So if anyone in the future has this problem they can find it there easier. (I work with Gimp so my solutions are explained through its use)
https://www.servuo.com/threads/uo-landscaper-v1-4-x.2755/#post-31611

I was able to create mul map and static files from your Failure.bmps

In regards to your question about Centred+ and adding trees, rock, etc. it is very doable but you'd save a lot of time if you started off with a well adjusted random static generation. Which I know for a fact can be done with UOLandscaper through some trial and error to tweak it just right.

Last edited:
Ahh absolutely! When exporting I did not check the Compatibility options box. Your response is very appreciated.

I actually managed to populate my whole world with statics in a few hours last night using CentrED+ and it's random chance to spawn statics on a tile. Powerful little tool!

Thank you for the update to the UOL tutorial though, I know it'll be helpful to a lot.

Back