Setting up two spawners with XMLSpawner, I would like the 2nd to spawn its group when the 1st one's group goes below X number of monsters, not hit points. Can someone help with this one?

Setting up two spawners with XMLSpawner, I would like the 2nd to spawn its group when the 1st one's group goes below X number of monsters, not hit points. Can someone help with this one?
any idea if this is do-able without edits to xml spawner?
Easiest way to do this would be to split the spawn entries into two and use sequential spawning.

So say there is a total of 100 mobs to kill, but you want to trigger the second Xmlspawner when players have killed 35 mobs from Xmlspawner #1.
Entry #1 is 35 mobs. <- Seq 1.
Entry #2 triggers Xmlspawner #2 <- Seq 2
Entry #3 is 65 more of those mobs. <- Seq 2

You could have Entry #2 as Seq 2 and Entry #3 as the Seq 3, but having them together means they are spawned together, so it happens "Click1, click2". Min and Max spawn times will help things run more seamlessly, with little to no delay, but any time you use will also change the time it takes for the Sequence to advance. Default 5 minutes would delay each step and each sequence by 5 minutes, so "Click1 (wait 5 minutes), click2".

If you would like more specific help, just send me a PM John :)

found ths page? scroll to trigger object!!!
Hmm, not sure that TriggerObject would be helpful with this. If they were spawning off of HP or a property of a mob or another Xmlspawner, then yes. Otherwise the second Xmlspawner is looking at the SpawnCount to determine when to trigger and that could change very quickly. If a spell kills a bunch of mobs at once, it is possible the second Xmlspawner would not trigger (especially if it is a Proximity spawn and you are out of range).

Doing it the way I described above "forces" the Xmlspawner to process triggering the second Xmlspawner, after the first spawn group is handled.
(Also, that link to UO:R is the same as the post Milva made a year prior, right on ServUO ;) )

Back