Dan(Tasanar)

@Dexter_Lexia @argalep

I only tag these developers as they seem to be the most active and I value their opinions.

Is there a reason why the Vet rewards gump pops up for player and staff alike? Should it not be players only? I have recently started working on implementing a custom sort of Counselor program. I do not want them to get "vet rewards" that they could just drop on the ground. I already changed it on my shard but was wondering why no one ever thought to remove it unless you were a player, on login?

Well, the lines that send the gump doesn't refer to access level. On mine, if there isn't rewards to choose, they dont get the gump, even if they are staff.

But if there are rewards, they do. As my shard grows I want to add Counselors, a sort of "helper" player like UOs old Companion / Counselor program. I do not want them getting vet rewards over time though. I doubt they would even get the option to receive vet rewards, on those characters, on real UO. I doubt the special EM accounts on EA UO would get such options. I am proposing maybe a config to either allow or deny it.

Just an idea...or have it not pop up at all if staff. Curious on others opinions too. We can test what happens on the player level but what staff sees is a guess at best. Why not make it the best possible outcome.

Seems like a good idea to me but then even as a player I never want or like the vet rewards. As staff it's just gets in the way unless I block with razor/steam

I close mine out without even know it now. I get mad when i test Vet reward stuff, because I'll right click it by muscle memory.

You could just set an access level. As an owner, Id probably want to see the gump if there were issues or just to make sure it look nice as always:]

Back