1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not A Bug Veterinary

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by Denjiki, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

This article implies that veterinary skill gains while you are training your pets: http://www.uoguide.com/Pet_Training both in the 2nd paragraph and the 2nd bullet under "Notes". I can't quite tell if this is implying passive gains while your pet is fighting, or if it simply is saying that while training your pet you will be healing it, thus in turn "raising your veterinary skill". It sounds to me like it raises passively while your pet is fighting. Can anyone confirm this on OSI? Because if it indeed gains passively, then it should be implemented in ServUO, because right now it doesn't.

2. ruaduck

ruaduck Member

You only gain in Vet when you are actively healing your pet. It is no different than healing. you can only gain healing while applying bandages to yourself or others.

3. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

Okay. The wording was just a little peculiar in the article and I had no way to check myself, as I don't have an account on OSI (active account anyways). But you seem pretty confident in your answer, so i will take your word for it. Mods can mark this either not a bug or just delete the thread.

4. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Ruaduck is correct, you will only gain vet when bandaging your pet however the article wording is very misleading! :/