1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture for Tutorials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravenwolfe, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Ravenwolfe

Moderator ServUO Developer

@Toriad, @Mogster, and any others...

What programs are you all using for your video tutorials? I don't want to pay 300 for Camtasia, Jing only allows 5 minutes and no editing, etc

I need to do some 10-15 minute videos for students. Would be great if I can do some editing on the captures as needed. I can do the edits in another program but would be nice if editing function is built in (like in Camtasia).

Thanks in advance!

2. Mogster

Mogster Member

There's a few about, I was actually using Camstasia in my video tutorial, but I use EZVid for a lot of the in-game capture I've done for Youtube. The only problem with that, is it's pretty rudimentary, slow and not very stable (I have to record first then do audio commentary after. Also, video captures seem to corrupt all too easily also.)

Here's the link:
    http://www.ezvid.com/

• Like Like x 1
  3. tass23

Screencast-O-Matic is another one you can use, but with the free version you can only record 15 minutes at a time and you get that Screencast-O-Matic watermark on your recording.
    http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

• Like Like x 1