I have found AccessLevel.VIP in latest version of ServUO, but it works strange on a player. There is nothing more inside like "VIP system" and i wonder if there is working vip system somewhere or it was deleted from repo? There are few topics here, but i couldnt find info about this system.

I dont know what this system was intended for maybe some kinda of monthly subscription reward based system for donators but it shouldn't be in the svn as far as i am aware.

here are some old files that used to go with it but it was never a completed system and i think that access level is just a fragment left behind

Attachments

• VIP System.rar
    12.7 KB · Views: 36
A Reference To Look Over Before You Start Adding AccessLevels:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/custom-accesslevels.472014/#post-3674011

Just keep in mind that all access levels below the insertion point (in this case only Owner) will shift up one level on the next reboot (so Owner will become CoOwner which has to be changed manually).
There might also be a multitude of other problems heading your way if you do this change...

What Lichtblitz means by "multitude of other problems" is that you'll need to adjust any scripts referencing the AccessLevels to avoid server exploitation. It is a lot of work because we are talking about commands, items, teleporters, etc... It's definitely a hard job.

Sure, but in this case i already have in ServUO repo access level "VIP" ;d

The reason I posted the reference and the warning had nothing to do with ServUO putting in the new access level. What it had to do with is the fact that by adding that access level, ServUO may have accidentally messed with access level permissions in a few of the files. My warning was an indication for people to watch for the "bugs" and not freak out if they find one; they are an easy fix :)

I would suggest running their repo in visual studio, go to the access level and find all references to see exactly what files it affects.

gametec, right.

the other thing: if i will not use this system, i would like to use just this (existing) access level, but character with this looks:
ai.imgur.com_ufvda4z.jpg
And i don't know how to "cure" it. Is it client side?

No that is a server side error within the scripts...
I'm not exactly sure what that error should read so I can't pinpoint the cause; or rather help find the cause.

If you search for all references you might be able to find the issue if the access level you have on that character is VIP. Additionally check Cliloc 1060658... and read what it says. Looking at this I would assume perhaps the access level VIP gives a special title under your name.

Another thing you might want to look into is taking the VIP system out. Unfortunately I won't be able to help you with that until I set up ServUO on my end. Once I do though I could probably fix this error pretty quickly. Then again so could a few other people as well.

Did you try and contact dmurphy or Voxpire? They might be able to help; I would try Voxpire or Dexter first because dmurphy, from what I understand is otherwise preoccupied lately with real world obligations.
[doublepost=1490596172][/doublepost]Try this plugin... I wrote this a while back. It is a contributor system, similar to a VIP system in the sense that it is intended to give people who contribute to the server an award for their generosity.

There is a playermobile.cs edit and an item script. Directions can be found in the script:

Search for: Item Tag Verification
[doublepost=1490596307][/doublepost]http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/item-tag-verification.519253/

Attachments

• Contributor.rar
    29.2 KB · Views: 22
VIP only exists in 10 files. VIP system was unused and removed in Sept 6, 2015 by Voxpire. The accesslevel was left in. (search GitHub repo for more info)

Well there you have it... lol.
If Voxpire took it out then there was a reason. I would backup your files and delete the 10 references in your servuo repo and see if the problem above still exists.

Actually, it looks like you should just need to delete lines 4919-4922 in PlayerMobile.cs. That's where the title is added.

Though, you're right that there could be bugs. How many places just check for AccessLevel > Player rather than properly checking AccessLevel >= Counselor, or IsStaff()?

Last edited:
How many places just check for AccessLevel > Player

This is an open-ended question...lol. Nearly every script pertaining to a playermobile and quite a few of the objects in the game check for AccessLevel.Player. Your issues wont happen if you just revert to the normal access level list. To do that you'll need an unmodified copy of RunUO 2.7 or RunUO 2.3 R987 to cross reference changes made.

You will have to do a Find All Reference search for: AccessLevel.Player
[doublepost=1490601648][/doublepost]You will hate the amount of references that will pop up though...lol
Tedious work if you plan on changing things up ;)

Back