Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Ultima Shards: Multiverse
Donate
Donate money to this user
Vorspire submitted a new resource:

Vita-Nex: Core - A dynamic extension library for RunUO, written in C#, targeting .NET Framework 4.0

Vita-Nex: Core (VNc)
A dynamic extension library for RunUO, written in C#, targeting .NET Framework 4.0

VNc extends the RunUO server emulator software to expose many features and utilities, as well as Services and Modules designed to enhance server management and game-play, while maintaining 100% "plug & play" capability.

*** Requires RunUO server software be compiled targeting .NET Framework 4.0
*** Supports Mono 2.6, but there are known issues with Mono's support of .NET Framework 4.0...
Read more about this resource...

john burns

Knight
Mar 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
vachiadroylia.dynu.net
Shard Name
Vachia Droylia
I have been getting these errors with my Vita-Nex Core adding it to my ServUO Ubuntu Server. I am asking here because I feel there are more linux knowledgeable people here than there, which also knows ServUO. I also have received a quicker response to my questions too.

Getting these errors with ExtendedOPL.cs --

Customs/1-Staff/Vita-Nex/Network/ExtendedOPL.cs:
CS1061: Line 136:
Type `Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for `Deleted' and no extension method `Deleted' of type `Server.IEnt are you missing an assembly reference?
CS1061: Line 154:
Type Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for `Deleted' and no extension method `Deleted' of type `Server.IEnt are you missing an assembly reference?
CS1061: Line 340:
Type `Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for `Deleted' and no extension method `Deleted' of type `Server.IEnt are you missing an assembly reference?

StaticZ

Squire
Aug 12, 2013
Russia, Moscow
dev.uoquint.com
Shard Name
Quintessence
Good work, I can only say awesome! But can you say little more about how it works? Does it just resending gump packets or you use some unused by RunUO trick? And most important question I'm interested - can it solve problem with gumps twinkling after updating?

ATruGod

Rookie
Dec 26, 2014
I just compiled ServUO to Target 4.0 framework and get this error
Errors:
+ Custom/Plug and Play/Vita-Nex Core 2.2.0.0/Network/ExtendedOPL.cs:
CS1660: Line 135: Cannot convert lambda expression to type 'Server.ObjectPro
pertyList[]' because it is not a delegate type
CS1061: Line 136: 'Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for 'Delete
d' and no extension method 'Deleted' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.
IEntity' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly refere
nce?)
CS1061: Line 154: 'Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for 'Delete
d' and no extension method 'Deleted' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.
IEntity' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly refere
nce?)
CS1061: Line 340: 'Server.IEntity' does not contain a definition for 'Delete
nce?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Donate
I have been getting these errors with my Vita-Nex Core adding it to my ServUO Ubuntu Server. I am asking here because I feel there are more linux knowledgeable people here than there, which also knows ServUO. I also have received a quicker response to my questions too.
I just compiled ServUO to Target 4.0 framework and get this error
Your version of ServUO requires updates to the IEntity interface in the server core files;
https://github.com/runuo/runuo/commit/436e8f054a71c5b4ed3cdcacac59c6b2754be53a#diff-5

The update should be simple, you should be able to see what needs added/changed - mainly one line involving the 'bool Deleted { get; }' line in IEntity.

Vorspire

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Donate
Good work, I can only say awesome! But can you say little more about how it works? Does it just resending gump packets or you use some unused by RunUO trick? And most important question I'm interested - can it solve problem with gumps twinkling after updating?
The SuperGumps re-use the same object in memory for compiling and sending the gumps, rather than creating a new Gump instance each time it needs to be sent. Coupled with proper memory management techniques, it makes the SuperGump processing extremely versatile and efficient, enabling high-speed 'animation' to be achieved.
Every time a SuperGump is refreshed, it still has to compile and send a new packet, but the SuperGump object instance is never destroyed or recreated to do so, as is the case with standard Gumps.
SuperGumps can process and send instances with tens of thousands of GumpEntries, with no inherent issues.

ATruGod

Rookie
Dec 26, 2014
Thanks That worked, but now
Errors:
+ Custom/Plug and Play/Vita-Nex Core 2.2.0.0/Modules/AutoPVP/Objects/Battle/Bat
tle_Queue.cs:
CS1061: Line 54: 'System.Collections.ArrayList' does not contain a definitio
n for 'Where' and no extension method 'Where' accepting a first argument of type
'System.Collections.ArrayList' could be found (are you missing a using directiv
e or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
I remove the AutoPVP folder and it compiles fine.

Vorspire

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Donate
Thanks That worked, but now

I remove the AutoPVP folder and it compiles fine.
The PvP system is written to be .NET 4.0 standards compliant, however, the generic collection 'List<T>' was introduced in .NET 2.0 with Type Generics and that phased out the use of .NET 1.1 'ArrayLists' - so it seems a piece of your shard's code is still using ArrayList instead of List<T>
'Where' is an extension method provided by .NET 4.0's Linq syntax which operates on IEnumerable<T>, which is implemented by List<T> and this is why you are getting the errors, because ArrayList implements IEnumerable and doesn't use Type Generics.

In short, you need to convert whatever ArrayList it's referencing, in to a List<T> - where 'T' is the Type of object that the ArrayList stores.

Compiling to target .NET 4.0 does not guarantee compatibility.

StaticZ

Squire
Aug 12, 2013
Russia, Moscow
dev.uoquint.com
Shard Name
Quintessence
The SuperGumps re-use the same object in memory for compiling and sending the gumps, rather than creating a new Gump instance each time it needs to be sent. Coupled with proper memory management techniques, it makes the SuperGump processing extremely versatile and efficient, enabling high-speed 'animation' to be achieved.
Every time a SuperGump is refreshed, it still has to compile and send a new packet, but the SuperGump object instance is never destroyed or recreated to do so, as is the case with standard Gumps.
SuperGumps can process and send instances with tens of thousands of GumpEntries, with no inherent issues.
Nice. Is any lite version only with core of this system? There are too much stuf which cause problems on not default RunUO code )

Ravenwolfe

ServUO Developer
Sep 7, 2013
Texas
Something seems to be wrong when I download this. Its missing SuperGumps and Effects and a slew of other things...

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
I got similar errors Raven, the log is to long, however supergumps was at the end of it. I downloaded an unaltered copy of servuo from git and tried it with that, still same errors.

Vorspire

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Donate
There was an issue with my FTP client while uploading the package.
It's fixed now. If you have issues with the download, grab the source from GitHub :)

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Much better, thank you. :) One thing though, probably something on my machine however I'm getting the below error during boot up. How can I adjust the settings for this to make sense? I assume it's for the web socket 2594, I tried changing that in the GUI to something different however the change reverted back to 2594.

Code:
04:29:28 Listening: 169.254.5.68:2593
04:29:28 Listening: 169.254.252.86:2593
04:29:28 Listening: 192.168.1.202:2593
04:29:28 Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
04:29:28 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
04:29:28 Web API]: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
04:29:28 Web API]: Not listening. You must call the Start() method before calling this method.
Figured it out. I hate my blonde moments...

Last edited:

Shazzy

Knight
Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
shazzysuoshard.proboards.com
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Ok. the system is in and I cant even get the toolbar to show up!
What am I not doing>
Im logged in on my Owner account and no command works and I cant even find a command for it :(
All help is appreciated!

Vorspire

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Donate
Ok. the system is in and I cant even get the toolbar to show up!
What am I not doing>
Im logged in on my Owner account and no command works and I cant even find a command for it :(
All help is appreciated!
All modules are disabled by default, you'll have to enable the ones you want to use :)

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
So I have a question that I believe was already answered somewhere but I'm missing the page. I got the webapi to work just fine, however is there a way to enable PHP file usage? install PHP 5 or something. I want to setup a WIKI on it however that needs PHP. When trying to open a php file it just prompts me to download, which usually means php isn't installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.