ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Hi,

Returning to UO after a 15+ year break. Previously modded considerably and just started to get everything up and running. Familiar with a lot of concepts in the background. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I should be able to run with it.

I am running ServUO (Version 0.5, Build 8338.30045 10/30/2022) on the latest client through ClassicUO with converted MULs, Razor, Architect and Pandora 3. It would appear that a lot of custom house pieces go orange due to being unsupported, the upper floors are clipped under the build layer making it difficult to see, and judging by the rest of the map's static walls around the map there is a considerable amount of clipping. I would revert to AOS or SA and see if that helps if you think that current is the issue. I'd hate to revert back after some heavy breathing over some of the new areas experienced by my mortal toon. Any leads would be helpful. See the screenshots below. Thank you

Screenshot 2022-11-04 214638.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 214917.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 214957.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 215114.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 215313.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 215232.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 215353.png

PS thank you for everything you guys do to keep the community alive, it was really easy to come back in and rejoin the nostalgia.

Also, on a side note why is Pandora not auto-entering?

Last edited:
The issue persists with a fresh installation of both ServUO and UO CC or ClassicUO.

Having trouble with some of the patchers when attempting patch levels lower than the current. So I've only been able to test on EJ.
Screenshot 2022-11-05 124606.pngScreenshot 2022-11-05 124707.pngScreenshot 2022-11-05 124733.pngScreenshot 2022-11-05 124943.png

If it happens using the official classic client as well, that rules out ClassicUO as the cause.

Is all of the art "static" (i.e. is everything you see here part of the actual client map files, and not stuff that was added while logged into the server?)

If so, probably not a ServUO issue either. Are you possibly using (much) older MUL/UOP files with a newer client? I am not 100% positive but I think there may have been some point when OSI/Broadsword made some minor changes to the maps/statics that might have effected the z-plane/rendering. I could be wrong about that though, it's just something that is ringing a bell with me for some reason.

If the art is NOT "static" - maybe a ServUO issue? But I don't think so, otherwise everyone else would be having the same problem.

Not sure what you mean by this: "Having trouble with some of the patchers when attempting patch levels lower than the current. So I've only been able to test on EJ." I think you are saying that your official client is the newest version? What client version are you using?

Can you provide the X/Y/Z coordinates for one of the above areas? I can take a look and see if I am having the same issue.

Last edited:
Happens on ClassicUO and UOCC

All are pre [createworld statics default in the MULs that come with UOCC. Latest ServUO and the latest UOCC are being used.

I can load the same files into CentrED and the issue doesn't happen except when checking "Show on the ball" (Not sure) under Visual Layer (Trying different tools to see if I can wrap my head around what is causing it since everything is latest).

These areas are vanilla Hythloth and Shame, as well as any sections of the map/dungeons that have cliffs and walls occupying the same tile. The wall should override the elevation but it does not. See the screenshots below.

The only thing that has changed in the file structure is adding MULs converted from the UOPs into the folder and into CentrED folder. This issue happens regardless, with a clean reinstall and clean registry.

Is it possible to enforce the use of .NET 5.0, could this be impacting?
ServUO.exe.config?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2"/></startup></configuration>

It would help if I knew what MUL files did maybe?
What MUL controls the elevation mesh?

Hope this helps. Thank you

Screenshot 2022-11-12 223241.pngScreenshot 2022-11-12 223301.png
Screenshot 2022-11-12 224356.png

Last edited:
Back